TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clear Bra for 2008 KR

Treviso

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself to this forum as I am a new owner of a NOS Ford GT500KR (with 22miles) in Silver/Blue Stripes. This is my first Mustang since purchasing a new 1988 GT with T-Tops many years ago. I am coming back to the Mustang world after driving mostly two seaters for the past several years (Vipers, Corvettes), but wanting to have a four seater to cruise with my wife and two young kids. The KR fits that bill perfectly!!! I am very impressed with this car from top to bottom, but I have a question regarding Clear Bra protection. All of my cars in the last 5 years have gotten this treatment and it works like a charm, but my usual clear bra guy is telling me that he is having trouble finding the pattern to fit this special car.

I am hoping that some forum members can share some information with me to fix this problem. Thank you, in advance.

Treviso

Hi, and Welcome,

I have the clear bra on my 2009 Vista Blue KR and it is great. I had a custom detail shop (WWW.ConcoursAutoSalon.com) here in San Antonio do mine. They had the pattern for the front bumper, and they also did a custon strip along the lip of the hood and not a large piece across the hood (don't like the line on the hood, and found out that by just doing the lip you could not see it and it procted the hood from chips (I had done the same on my 2005 GT and made a number of road trips without chipping the hood). .I know you could not bring the car here, but maybe they would sell you the pre-cut material and you could get it intalled there. They have done a number of Shelbys here and I have not heard any complaints. Hope this helps. Enjoy you ride.

SvtCowboy

Had my KR done also in the front with Clear Bra (Venture Shield). The bumper is standard Mustang fare but the hood has no pre cut kit pattern. It has to be cut custom. Any skilled applicator can handle it. I had the entire front done just to the rear of the front hood nostrils.

Welcome to TS Treviso!

I have one on my '08 Silver/blue stripe KR, and the guy did outstanding job, especially around the letters on the leading edge of the hood. Not sure how he did it, but he was right on the money!

Not that it helps you any, but the company was Mr. Tint in San Jose.

Happy Motoring :shift:

Tom

Archived