TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Hood Vents

4Rolex

I noticed on the old style hoods there was an indented area to attach the vents to the hood. Now it is flat and the vents do not sit flush to the hood to afix them with epoxy or 3M tape. Plus no instructions cam ewith the vents, to aid in any clue as how to attach them. Oh, it did come with a bag of nuts and washers?

They go on with the 3M double side tape. Be sure to also use 3M adhesion promoter on both surfaces before sticking the louvers in place. I also have the new style hood without the recessed area where the vents mount.

They go on with the 3M double side tape. Be sure to also use 3M adhesion promoter on both surfaces before sticking the louvers in place. I also have the new style hood without the recessed area where the vents mount.

Thank you for the information, but is there any specific 3M tape that I should do to the high temp in the engine compartment? I know the 3M tapes are rated at different levels.

Thank you for the information, but is there any specific 3M tape that I should do to the high temp in the engine compartment? I know the 3M tapes are rated at different levels.

Unfortunatly I am traveling at this time so do not have access to the part number in my garage. If you call shelby they should be able to get you a 3M part number or if you go to an autobody supply store they should be able to help you out. It's the grey foam tape with the red backing on one side and comes in a roll. Comes in a few different width's.

Archived