TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss 302 Intake Manifold

stg

Checking today on youtube,,,, There is a 2011 mustang gt. with a 302 boss intake manifold on it,,, Very Nice. !!!! Item num # on Ford Racing # M9424M50BR, $439.99,,, Am wondering, with this bolt on ,with a 2011 Mustang GT,, how much more HP, would you get ?? Not a bad price, If your looking @ ,over $6,000.00 for a SC T/

Another YouTube video put the boss manifold on, intake, and exhaust. After it was tuned, it had about a 40-60 HP increase. I forgot the name of the video, but the dyno sheet was shown and it had that HP increase

I was at JBA Racing in San Diego yesterday and watched a video of a a new GT 5.0 that they have been working on for a customer. The guy just wants to road race the 5.0, doesn't care about being street legal at all. JBA put the BOSS intake on it, 3" direct pipes all the way back with internal cat's, a new air intake and a new tune. I saw the Dyno sheet and the GT was turning well over 400 RWHP. Pretty impressive for a reasonable amount of investment

John.

I was at JBA Racing in San Diego yesterday and watched a video of a a new GT 5.0 that they have been working on for a customer. The guy just wants to road race the 5.0, doesn't care about being street legal at all. JBA put the BOSS intake on it, 3" direct pipes all the way back with internal cat's, a new air intake and a new tune. I saw the Dyno sheet and the GT was turning well over 400 RWHP. Pretty impressive for a reasonable amount of investment

John.

John.

The better any engine breaths the better it runs along with the exhaust system

What you gain in HP, you loose tourque. Better with cams and exhaust

That's true. I actually had more torque in my N/A GT350 than the modified GT I mentioned above.

John

That's true. I actually had more torque in my N/A GT350 than the modified GT I mentioned above.

John

I rather have more torque on the street than HP. I had a big block 455 12:1 never dynoed of course but I ended up bring to a speed shop due to ripping the driverside motor mount apart. When I went to pick it up the was ended up putting a solid motor mount. He said he never saw a motor that didn't want to stay in the engine compartment so he added a chain. The he pointed out my rearend I spun the axle tube he welded the tube in and told me stop using slicks with this rearend. I said never had slicks on !!!

Archived