TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Axle back suggestions

Cobras55

Hey all , I currently have the phrp H-pipe with the KR mufflers and love the sound. It's great but at the same time I would like to change it up sometimes... Anyone have any good suggestions for axle backs paired with the phrp that sound REALLY good with NO drone , looking for a change possibly for a little while....

I am moving to Corsa Sport exhaust. They will be paired with American Racing 1 7/8" headers with cats. The only exhaust (besides stock) that I could find with NO drone was Corsa. I currently have Ford Racing Stinger exhaust with stock headers. The sound is very good, but there is definitely a drone at around 2,000 rpm. Someone recently posted this clip of a 2011 with the AR headers and Corsa Sport exhaust. If mine sounds like this (which it should), I'll be happy.

I am moving to Corsa Sport exhaust. They will be paired with American Racing 1 7/8" headers with cats. The only exhaust (besides stock) that I could find with NO drone was Corsa. I currently have Ford Racing Stinger exhaust with stock headers. The sound is very good, but there is definitely a drone at around 2,000 rpm. Someone recently posted this clip of a 2011 with the AR headers and Corsa Sport exhaust. If mine sounds like this (which it should), I'll be happy.

sounds good , but a little raspy , wonder if the h pipe I have will deepen the tone a bit on those corsa's? Any thoughts?

Probably. But then again this video is with it on a 2011, but the sound should stll be similar

I am running the Roush Extreme Exhaust with the PHRP H-Pipe and the sound is awesome. I actually thought the Roush exhaust could not sound any better before the H-Pipe, and the H-Pipe really added a really nice touch and I have zero drone.

These MMS mufflers, where can they be purchased? They sound nice, kinda of interested.. Do you have these on your car and is there any drone? They sound like a nice deep tone, so when paired with a h pipe i'm thinking real good.... Let me know, thanks

theses are a custom made for Mackenzie Mustang contact

vapor08GT500 user_popup.png

Alex is a supporting Vendor

Mackenzie Mustang

I have over 20K miles on mine mostly hwy driving and no drone at all. Even with long tubes they sound great, although they get a little loud when you get on it as would any mufflers with long tubes and high flow cats.

Glen

I am running the Roush Extreme Exhaust with the PHRP H-Pipe and the sound is awesome. I actually thought the Roush exhaust could not sound any better before the H-Pipe, and the H-Pipe really added a really nice touch and I have zero drone.

Can you give me the link where you purchased these and also what year is your car? Do you have any sound clips?

theses are a custom made for Mackenzie Mustang contact

vapor08GT500 user_popup.png

Alex is a supporting Vendor

Mackenzie Mustang

I have over 20K miles on mine mostly hwy driving and no drone at all. Even with long tubes they sound great, although they get a little loud when you get on it as would any mufflers with long tubes and high flow cats.

Glen

thank you , I did contact Alex so will see...but he states there is some drone but not half as bad as most.....any thought on his statement ?

thank you , I did contact Alex so will see...but he states there is some drone but not half as bad as most.....any thought on his statement ?

I drove my car from Victoria BC to palm springs and back at least 4 times with stock manifolds. I had no complaints about drone and neither did Lisa (she would be the asid test). Now with the long tubes Lisa did say "too loud" but still no drone at hyw speeds. I am going to add resonators next week just to take some of the rasp of the headers off. I will still keep the mufflers (like the idle rumble).

I drove an 02 mustang gt with borla cat back system that had a drone at 1800 rpm that would rattle your teeth. I have experienced nothing like that with these mufflers. Alex has sold a lot of these; I believe most like them, but as with everything some won't like them. personal taste.

don't forget I am 55 and half deaf :hysterical:

Glen

I can vouch for the muscular roar from Glroy's car. I was behind him in the Mt St Helens cruise.

These cars are hard to get the exact right sound out of, due to muffler placement at the back. My fiance's 04 Terminator has a bassani catted x and Borla Stingers. The sound is amazing (but baby does it DRONE). Putting that same combo on an S197 sounds like poo (to me). No offense intended.

LOL...thanks for the testimonials Glen (glroy) and James (TrakRat). Of the 1000+ sets I have built and sold of these there have been less than 5 people that didn't like them, so I'd say that is a pretty good ratio. Of those 5, most were running either no cats, or had other stuff done to the car that made them louder. I know sound is a preference, like a color, but you really can't beat a deep mellow big block sound which these provide. Believe me, I have tried every off the shelf muffler with just about any combo on these cars before I started having these done.

Alex

+1

Bought the Corsa performance from Team Shelby and had them installed locally a couple of weeks ago. They sound great and look great.

Hope that helps,

Hawkbarr

I can vouch for both the Roush and MMS mufflers. They both should be optional equipment on our cars! But iIt all depends on your future plans too - I absolutely loved the Roush - zero drone, great quality/looks, and unbelievable sound. But then I got the long tubes/H-pipe - still sounded great, but Holy S*** was it loud. I wish I could've kept that combo but I wouldve gone deaf and so would have 1/2 the city!! I'm definitely glad I went with the MMS - AWESOME sound/quality/looks, and just a tiny bit of drone around 1600 rpm (which these cars shouldn't be driven at anyway!!!) And Alex was super quick to answer any questions- great customer service. I had posted sound clips of all these combos before (just be advised I kept the Roush midpipes on for a lil unique sound).

• 1 month later...

I have a Borla 140320 I am selling for $900 delivered to your door. This exhaust has less than 100 miles. It was purchased by a older customer who decided he wanted to go back to his stock exhaust. It will fit all 2010-2012 Shelby GT500s

140320.jpg

I have a Borla 140320 Atak system I am selling for $900 delivered to your door. This exhaust has less than 100 miles. It was purchased by a older customer who decided he wanted to go back to his stock exhaust. It will fit all 2010-2012 Shelby GT500s. The system still looks perfect and brand new

140320.jpg

I can vouch for both the Roush and MMS mufflers. They both should be optional equipment on our cars! But iIt all depends on your future plans too - I absolutely loved the Roush - zero drone, great quality/looks, and unbelievable sound. But then I got the long tubes/H-pipe - still sounded great, but Holy S*** was it loud. I wish I could've kept that combo but I wouldve gone deaf and so would have 1/2 the city!! I'm definitely glad I went with the MMS - AWESOME sound/quality/looks, and just a tiny bit of drone around 1600 rpm (which these cars shouldn't be driven at anyway!!!) And Alex was super quick to answer any questions- great customer service. I had posted sound clips of all these combos before (just be advised I kept the Roush midpipes on for a lil unique sound).

I had Alex's mufflers on with stock manifold and cats for 3 years gave the car a great sound and not too loud. Now add the long tubes and high flow cats. Well Lisa said it was too loud; without my hearing aids in I thought it was great. I added a set of 22" flow master resonators and we are back to a sound Lisa likes. If I run max tune and volume in my hearing aids the sound is great, although I do get a little feed back from the hearing aids. :hysterical:

I really like the setup. happy%20feet.gif

I had Alex's mufflers on with stock manifold and cats for 3 years gave the car a great sound and not too loud. Now add the long tubes and high flow cats. Well Lisa said it was too loud; without my hearing aids in I thought it was great. I added a set of 22" flow master resonators and we are back to a sound Lisa likes. If I run max tune and volume in my hearing aids the sound is great, although I do get a little feed back from the hearing aids. :hysterical:

I really like the setup. happy%20feet.gif

Do you have any videos of your car since you added the resonators?? I do like the unique sound of mine since I left the Roush resonators on with my ARH headers/H-pipe & MMS mufflersn, but was also considering removing my resonators due to a tinny sound I get sometimes.

Do you have any videos of your car since you added the resonators?? I do like the unique sound of mine since I left the Roush resonators on with my ARH headers/H-pipe & MMS mufflersn, but was also considering removing my resonators due to a tinny sound I get sometimes.

Have been meaning to but have not gotten around to it. I would have to figure out the camera and then maybe have to read the directions :boring:Although Lisa recently said she should learn how to use the video. So I could be posting sooner.

sounds good , but a little raspy , wonder if the h pipe I have will deepen the tone a bit on those corsa's? Any thoughts?

Not sure what effect an H-pipe would have. I agree that there is a little bit of raspiness, but I'll trade that for no drone any day. The way I look at it, a lot of this is trial-and-error. Once I get the headers on, they're on for good; then I can switch out the axle/cat backs as time and budget allow to get the exact sound I want.

Not sure what effect an H-pipe would have. I agree that there is a little bit of raspiness, but I'll trade that for no drone any day. The way I look at it, a lot of this is trial-and-error. Once I get the headers on, they're on for good; then I can switch out the axle/cat backs as time and budget allow to get the exact sound I want.

Ended up going with the Roush Extreme Cat Back and couldn't be happier...My car does not have headers , I have heard they are really loud with headers. With the roush paired with my H it sounds amazing and absolutely NO drone. Best I've heard so far on a non headers Shelby... Take care...

I have a Borla 140320 Atak system I am selling for $900 delivered to your door. This exhaust has less than 100 miles. It was purchased by a older customer who decided he wanted to go back to his stock exhaust. It will fit all 2010-2012 Shelby GT500s. The system still looks perfect and brand new

That is for a 2010 Shelby. 2011-2012 Shelby's have a larger diameter exhaust and an H pipe versus an X pipe.

Archived