TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I live in small town (5000+/-people) and next to me is a smaller town that has E-85 priced at $3.29 :shift: ... How I wish we could run this. Better be able to run on E and have stations all over the US... Happy motoring... CSM 2930 is strong and just loving it.

Doc

Don't forget that with E-85 you will get approx 20% LESS MPG than with regular gasoline... So the price for E-85 needs to be at least 20% LESS as well :finger:

And with less MPG means you will be filling up more often... Not to mention how much more grain and corn is costing these days, as more and more of it is being used as a fuel instead of food...

Not trying to stir the pot :slapfight: Just pointing out a few of the little "issues" I had with an E-85 capable work truck I had back in 2007 ~ 2010 :shift:

Oh and NEVER put E-85 in a vehicle that is not compatible... The Ethenol will dry out all the rubber components and seals throughout the fuel system :banghead:

I agree and understand the issues with E-85, I was looking at it from the High Oct. it has (I think 105 :happy feet: vs. 91/93) . For me, the major issue is once you use it, you pretty much have to stay with it until all the E-85 has been diluted. :doh:

The higher octane is a plus, but does seem to come at the expense of lower MPG :angry22:

And as far as I know, you can mix E-85 with regular gas (sometimes called E-10 or E-15, depending on your location or the season) as much as you want without having to run the tank "dry" before switching back...

EDIT = As long as your "tune" isn't based on 100+ octane :banghead:

The one issue I had using it, was I was always having to fill up sooner with E-85 and couldn't seem to find enough "local" stations that carried it... So I just gave up and went back to regular gasoline...

Part of the reason I don't drive a diesel truck... I hate having to search and hunt around for a diesel station or keep the tank full, just in case I can't seem to find a station that has diesel fuel available :redcard:

Does 105 Octane for E-85 mean the same as 105 Octane for gasoline? I only ask because E-85 is less efficient and am wondering.

Does 105 Octane for E-85 mean the same as 105 Octane for gasoline? I only ask because E-85 is less efficient and am wondering.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My understanding: it is the same. Not sure anyone would need a race tune to pull all the power out of E-85. May be someone with better knowledge could chime-in...

Archived