TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger fluid, (oil) for 550 whipple Ford Racing Supercharger

zachman

Supercharger oil in sight glass looked a litte low , so I went to the Ford dealership and had them order a bolltle of fluid,(oil) for me. They said it called for Motorcraft synthetic supercharger fluid. Are they correct? The manual says to only use Whipple oil. I assumed that's what they would order.

The fluid can be bought direct from whipple, the phone number is 559-442-1261

I'm not sure if there's a difference between the Motorcraft stuff and theirs, but I would at least call them and ask.

Agreed about wondering why it's low...

Hi Guys,

I called whipple to order a bottle and they gave me the part number and told me to get it at my local dealership. I picked it up. I can look on bottle to let you know if it is motorcraft syn.

I think it is same and it makes sense since you get this same sc installed at the ford dealers.

I read in my install manual to change the oil every 100,000 miles and I miss read and thought it said every 10,000 miles so I have a bottle when I hit the 100,000 mile mark. Currently I have about 15K miles on the s/c.

The only issue I have is the dog gone belts. I have gone through 3 now and on my 4th belt. O'riley here in wichita now have me set up to help get the belts in a day or so when needed.

Take Care,

-Billy

Hi Guys,

I called whipple to order a bottle and they gave me the part number and told me to get it at my local dealership. I picked it up. I can look on bottle to let you know if it is motorcraft syn.

I think it is same and it makes sense since you get this same sc installed at the ford dealers.

I read in my install manual to change the oil every 100,000 miles and I miss read and thought it said every 10,000 miles so I have a bottle when I hit the 100,000 mile mark. Currently I have about 15K miles on the s/c.

The only issue I have is the dog gone belts. I have gone through 3 now and on my 4th belt. O'riley here in wichita now have me set up to help get the belts in a day or so when needed.

Take Care,

-Billy

I know what will fix that belt problem....... I tried the Thump-RRR tensioner (which is now for sale) and still tore up belts!

Try this........

post-25056-0-78604000-1309365261_thumb.jpg

post-25056-0-78604000-1309365261_thumb.jpg

Take Care,

-Billy

if your whipple is installed CORRECTLY it will never throw a belt.

Mine hasnt.

too many shops makes excuses for this error.......and that fact played a large roll in where I ultimately had my car modded..

check the lining up of your power steering unit.......if it is not lined up perfectly, it will walk the belt off and shred it....

RIGHT DOUGIE?

The 10 rib kit is an unnecessary expense.........unless of course the shop responsible for the original problem

is trying to cover their arse......

or contact Alex (vapor08GT500)....and get it done right in the first place.

if your whipple is installed CORRECTLY it will never throw a belt.

Mine hasnt.

too many shops makes excuses for this error.......and that fact played a large roll in where I ultimately had my car modded..

check the lining up of your power steering unit.......if it is not lined up perfectly, it will walk the belt off and shred it....

RIGHT DOUGIE?

The 10 rib kit is an unnecessary expense.........unless of course the shop responsible for the original problem

is trying to cover their arse......

or contact Alex (vapor08GT500)....and get it done right in the first place.

+1 on that

Over 8,000 miles and no problems. About to take the Shelby on a 1,200 mile roundtrip tomorrow for the 4th of July vacation.

Dan

Archived