TEAM SHELBY FORUM

adjustable ford racing dampers

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9738

anyone know anything about these? could they soften the ride a little?

anyway the parts guys at ford said they didnt have any adjustable dampers...hmmm maybe they didnt notice these.

they suck thats why almost everyone has changed them! For the price we pay for these the suspension is not up to par

http://www.fordracin...rtKeyField=9738

anyone know anything about these? could they soften the ride a little?

anyway the parts guys at ford said they didnt have any adjustable dampers...hmmm maybe they didnt notice these.

Hey before spending money what rims and tires are you running ???

What tire pressure are in your tires ?? Tire pressure can give a soft ride or a kidney bounce ride !!! So start with that

You can buy different spring rates

I still have the stock set up in the front of my car with Eibach sportline springs in the rear with stock shock and 20's all around with 245/40/20 FR = 275/35/20 rears with 32psi all around and I have a bad back. I have to say that set up my car rides smooth with really no harsh ride and bumps not bad at all if I want it softer just drop air pressure.

My wife in her expedition puts the max air in and you need a racing harness to ride in her truck.

Always start with the simple stuff but again you can go to tirerack.com has shocks and all suspension for are cars with reviews. Also Techs to answer your questions. That the only place my tires and suspension come from. If not happy you call the tech you spoke to for advice and they take it back with no problems. They made an error once set my wheels to my old address. They took care of it and sent me a 75.00 gift card.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey before spending money what rims and tires are you running ???

What tire pressure are in your tires ?? Tire pressure can give a soft ride or a kidney bounce ride !!! So start with that

You can buy different spring rates

I still have the stock set up in the front of my car with Eibach sportline springs in the rear with stock shock and 20's all around with 245/40/20 FR = 275/35/20 rears with 32psi all around and I have a bad back. I have to say that set up my car rides smooth with really no harsh ride and bumps not bad at all if I want it softer just drop air pressure.

My wife in her expedition puts the max air in and you need a racing harness to ride in her truck.

Always start with the simple stuff but again you can go to tirerack.com has shocks and all suspension for are cars with reviews. Also Techs to answer your questions. That the only place my tires and suspension come from. If not happy you call the tech you spoke to for advice and they take it back with no problems. They made an error once set my wheels to my old address. They took care of it and sent me a 75.00 gift card.

i have the stock wheels and tires that came with the shelby gt. i keep the pressure around 30-32psi on all 4. i may have to go with different rear springs. i already bought the shocks. i've got money saved up. i would say the rear needs to be a little softer for sure. the front end i can tolerate. its the rear that tears me a new one everytime i hit the tiniest bump.

i have the stock wheels and tires that came with the shelby gt. i keep the pressure around 30-32psi on all 4. i may have to go with different rear springs. i already bought the shocks. i've got money saved up. i would say the rear needs to be a little softer for sure. the front end i can tolerate. its the rear that tears me a new one everytime i hit the tiniest bump.

If your checking your tire pressure cold with those #'s try going to 28psi cold or check your psi after driving a while in live in a hot state. The hotter it is the more your tire gets like a brick. In my M3 the car rode as hard as your saying I messed with the tire pressure for days from cold to drive and hour checking pressure it took a bit to find the sweet spot. I would get different psi for each tire. They were new 20's michelin pilots on the way down to my brother from NY to Georgia I stop a million times but ended up with 31psi in the rear and 28 in the front big diference in ride quality and handling. But with the shelby gt I can say with the 20's kumhos no real hard ride and check the tires once in a while and a smooth ride. Before you do the shock replacement just drop your tire pressure to 28psi cold other wise you will drive yourself crazy.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

well i got the adjustable ford racing shocks installed. and was wondering how do i adjust these? i forgot to ask the mechanic who installed them.

they have a small cap that can be removed from the top of the shocks and looks like it has a threaded bolt that's hollow and has flats on the threads.

also had some adjustable caster camber plates installed and car re-aligned. steering feels better on it.

nevermind i found the adjusting tool and instructions . he left them in the car for me.... doh!:doh:

WELL CRAP. i'm still confused. there is a 3/4 nut on top of the shock just under the little dust cap. do i loosen that first? then turn the threaded section with the adjusting allen tool? i was turning it and a little threaded allen bolt came out of the threaded hole and i was like.... wtf?

nevermind again. i figured it out.

they had it on the stiffest setting. it was just slightly over turned and the allen screw was tight. i backed it off CCW till it turned freely then i turned it back CW till it got back to the tight place again. then i backed it out CCW 3 full turns.(6 full CCW turns will be at the softest setting). i did this on all 4 shocks.

the allen screw will back further out but the instructions says not to.

i noticed a difference. its not as tight when u go over bumps. it always would have a tight bobble feel up front as i drive over gradual undulations in the road surfaces especially on the interstate.

now it it stays more stationary and the suspension is doing more of the absorbtion, but still firm enough to hug the corners.

also noticed that it seems like the stiffest setting was accually stiffer than the non adjustable versions.

Archived