TEAM SHELBY FORUM

H/E unit and brake vents

NMAv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those that are interested the answer is yes, they will fit.

Are the backing plates (dust shields) flat or are they recessed like the earlier FRPP brake duct shields?

I have the Shelby/Baer 6S Extreame brakes and the earlier FRPP backing plates won't work because they sitck out from the mounts and rub on the rotors. If the new version has flat shields, they should work on the Baer rotors.

I'm willing to remove my fog lamps (don't really use 'em anyway) so I can use the recess for the new Boss 3" ducts but I don't want to spend the money AGAIN only to find out they won't work with the Baers.

Any idea?

TIA,

Phill Pollard

I've still got the front tires off, will take a couple pictures for you later today.

Cool, thanks.

Do you still have stock rotors or aftermarket rotors?

I'm more interested in how "flat" the backing plates mount to the spindle than anything else. The early versions are pressed so the mounting tabs are deeper than the rest of the plate, which sticks the plate out a little towards the rotor. I could modify them but I'd rather sell a pristine set to someone that needs them then hack 'em and be stuck with a $125 paper weight.

TIA,

Phill

Phill,

The pictures don't capture the depth of the mounting tab (wish I had taken pictures before I put them in). Send me a PM with your e-mail an dI'll e-mail them to you. Can't seem to get them to post here.

Archived