TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pulled The Trigger!

Jer

Keep the force man,,,,,,stay strong the dark side is evil dude. LOL :hysterical:

Thanks, man.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news to share yet, Jer?

Should be picking it up in about an hour.

Updates as they occur...

Jer

One happy owner! Congrats! :happy feet:

Roger

Thanks, Rog!

Here's a pic' of Roger and I with our "new cars"...

Jer

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Very cool Jer. Congrats

Jeff, welcome to the GT-H SC club. Are you getting the side stripes changed or are you keeping them as original? Don't forget the certificate and engine plate that goes on the passenger strut tower.

Thanks, everyone.

I haven't really driven it yet, all the way home from SAI was bumper-to-bumper traffic. But I have a few initial impressions:

1. Passing in 5th gear without having to downshift is AWESOME. The extra torque is stupendous, it just PULLS. What used to feel like "lugging" now just brings on that fabulous blower grunt and sound.

2. If you're not ready when you get on the throttle, the steering wheel will take off without you. Sounds silly, but that's how I'd describe the sensation. "Whoa, Nelly!" Gotta hang on!

3. The Shelby/ReVan Racing/C&R radiator and heat exchanger prove their value when you're in bumper-to-bumper traffic in 104 degree weather for 45 minutes. Soon as traffic clears up, all your power is ready and waiting.

4. The sound effects are worth the price of admission. Not just the blower whine, but the change in exhaust attitude. My SLP Loudmouths were starting to bug me, they just sounded too "burbly". With the Whipple, heavy throttle application makes for a much better exhaust note, harder hitting, like the General Lee running from Roscoe P Coltrane. So the SLP setup will stay for now.

5. The FRPP tune changed the car's basic demeanor for the better, during low-speed driving too. The way the car idles, throttle tip-in, even the way it shuts off are now more "refined" and crisp. Good stuff.

6. Roger Sorel knows the details. He won't let the car go without inspecting it, and will send it anywhere on Shelby's "campus" to get something tweaked before he releases it. He's obviously a very busy guy, but you never feel that he's trying to wrap ya up and move on.

7. Tim Hill did a lot to help me get the parts I needed, from the C&R stuff, to the parts to complete my gauge pod, and he and Roger will probably both send me their cellphone bills for July, most of the calls and texts were me.

My baseline dyno number: 295

Currently: 493 (Gill said it would have been 10 HP higher if they did it in the morning when it was "only 80 degrees" out. It was 104 degrees when dyno'ed in the afternoon.)

More details as I get some time (and bravery) to dig deeper!

BTW, I will change my avatar and signature soon, I promise... hahaha...

Jer

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Nice, Jer! I gotta get a new bumper cover and do away with my front plate, now that I've got that ReVan heat exchanger to show off.

I thought about pulling out the lower billet grille.... then I looked at the receipt for the ReVan stuff again, and decided that I like the protection being there!

Jer

I'd downshift to pass regardless, puts a lot of strain on the stock block to accelerate hard in fifth (and 4th IMO)

Yeah, I will too, but it was fun to discover!

Thanks for the advice,

Jer

I thought about pulling out the lower billet grille.... then I looked at the receipt for the ReVan stuff again, and decided that I like the protection being there!

Jer

I'm all for keeping the lower grill in place, but the fascia on mine was already ruined with a license plate when I got it, and it is right in the way of airflow and appearance. Monday I'll call Steve Mansell and see if I can still get the H fascia that I couldn't afford when I got the conversion done.

Sweet!

Thanks!

Gotta install my gauge pod and Watt's link, get the Metco billet pullies, a brake duct kit w/ bezels, fire extinguisher and mount, oil catch can, and figure out which Nav head unit to get.

Next up will be a 4 point roll bar and harnesses. Any recommendations, anyone? I'm partial to Impact! products...

Jer

Thanks, everyone.

I haven't really driven it yet, all the way home from SAI was bumper-to-bumper traffic. But I have a few initial impressions:

1. Passing in 5th gear without having to downshift is AWESOME. The extra torque is stupendous, it just PULLS. What used to feel like "lugging" now just brings on that fabulous blower grunt and sound.

2. If you're not ready when you get on the throttle, the steering wheel will take off without you. Sounds silly, but that's how I'd describe the sensation. "Whoa, Nelly!" Gotta hang on!

3. The Shelby/ReVan Racing/C&R radiator and heat exchanger prove their value when you're in bumper-to-bumper traffic in 104 degree weather for 45 minutes. Soon as traffic clears up, all your power is ready and waiting.

4. The sound effects are worth the price of admission. Not just the blower whine, but the change in exhaust attitude. My SLP Loudmouths were starting to bug me, they just sounded too "burbly". With the Whipple, heavy throttle application makes for a much better exhaust note, harder hitting, like the General Lee running from Roscoe P Coltrane. So the SLP setup will stay for now.

5. The FRPP tune changed the car's basic demeanor for the better, during low-speed driving too. The way the car idles, throttle tip-in, even the way it shuts off are now more "refined" and crisp. Good stuff.

6. Roger Sorel knows the details. He won't let the car go without inspecting it, and will send it anywhere on Shelby's "campus" to get something tweaked before he releases it. He's obviously a very busy guy, but you never feel that he's trying to wrap ya up and move on.

7. Tim Hill did a lot to help me get the parts I needed, from the C&R stuff, to the parts to complete my gauge pod, and he and Roger will probably both send me their cellphone bills for July, most of the calls and texts were me.

My baseline dyno number: 295

Currently: 493 (Gill said it would have been 10 HP higher if they did it in the morning when it was "only 80 degrees" out. It was 104 degrees when dyno'ed in the afternoon.)

More details as I get some time (and bravery) to dig deeper!

BTW, I will change my avatar and signature soon, I promise... hahaha...

Jer

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

Very nice and clean install. Love the blue covers in contrast.

Hey Jer, how long did the conversion take from drop off to pick up?

Dropped off on the 5th, picked up yesterday (the 22nd).

It took way longer than expected because they thought they had a polished Whipple in stock, but were mistaken. Once the Whipple arrived, 4 days.

Arrange it in advance with Gill, and they can do it pretty quickly.

Jer

Jer, this is really cool and makes me want to send my 07SGT1163 in to beome GT/SC'ed. Really tempting!

DO IT.

A BRAND NEW CAR for a fraction of the price.

For me, it rolled back the clock to 2007, when I first felt the excitement of picking up a brand new SHELBY.

Well worth the $, and I REALLY recomend the tensioner support plate, radiator, and heat exchanger. You'll definitely get what you paid for with those 3 extra items.

Now, cars roll up next to me at the stoplight, and I think "Faster than you, buddy".

Call Roger, talk it out, see if it suits you. I bet it does. Tell him I sent ya... LOL...

Jer

Archived