TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pulled The Trigger!

Jer

Sat down with Roger today to talk about my car's next step.

I thought about installing a Whipple myself, I would have fun doing it, and it would be very satisfying, but the car just wouldn't be a "Shelby GT/SC", which matters in different amounts to different people, but is important to me.

Not for "collectibility" or "value", just because *I* think it's cool, no more, no less.

So I've decided to get the upgrade. I already have the brakes, suspension, etc... mods done, it's just the blower install.

Yeah, I did it backwards, but it made more sense to me.hysterical.gif

I have 2 questions you all may be able to help me with:

1. What's Moroso's part number for their supercharger coolant tank (for the Whipple 550 setup)?

2. Anyone know where there might be a Revan/C&R radiator and heat exchanger in stock? Shelby's quoting 6-8 weeks...

Additionally, post pix if you have a polished Whipple and upgraded valve covers. I don't know if I wanna go with FRPP blue, black, or chrome covers (the chrome's quality looks kinda dodgy to me).

All the better if you have a WHITE car!

Thanks, and yes, it's all Swede's fault! I saw his car "before and after" at Shelby a little while back, and knew I *HAD* to take the plunge...

Jer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sat down with Roger today to talk about my car's next step.

I thought about installing a Whipple myself, I would have fun doing it, and it would be very satisfying, but the car just wouldn't be a "Shelby GT/SC", which matters in different amounts to different people, but is important to me.

Not for "collectibility" or "value", just because *I* think it's cool, no more, no less.

So I've decided to get the upgrade. I already have the brakes, suspension, etc... mods done, it's just the blower install.

Yeah, I did it backwards, but it made more sense to me.hysterical.gif

I have 2 questions you all may be able to help me with:

1. What's Moroso's part number for their supercharger coolant tank (for the Whipple 550 setup)?

2. Anyone know where there might be a Revan/C&R radiator and heat exchanger in stock? Shelby's quoting 6-8 weeks...

Additionally, post pix if you have a polished Whipple and upgraded valve covers. I don't know if I wanna go with FRPP blue, black, or chrome covers (the chrome's quality looks kinda dodgy to me).

All the better if you have a WHITE car!

Thanks, and yes, it's all Swede's fault! I saw his car "before and after" at Shelby a little while back, and knew I *HAD* to take the plunge...

Jer

WOOOOOOO!!!!! Awesome!!!!

So far, it looks like the metal tanks I see on Whipples aren't Moroso at all, and USED to be included with blower kits, but have been discontinued by them.

Now that little plastic one is standard. (Got lucky and saw it on another thread).

Lethal wants $285 for theirs... ouch! Although it IS double capacity.

Jer

Wow. All this is making me want to pull the SC trigger on my 07SGT1163 and make it a GT/SC. I'm the second owner with only 7850 miles on this Black Beauty.

But, I keep thinking......Getting the car from Dallas to Vegas(I don't want to drive it there) plus the $13K price tag?

I know it would be totally worth it.......maybe I keep making excuses instead of just doing it!

Is a Kenne Bell SC an available option or should it be Whipple? I've made no mods to the vehicle save for some cosmetic things.....

Wow. All this is making me want to pull the SC trigger on my 07SGT1163 and make it a GT/SC. I'm the second owner with only 7850 miles on this Black Beauty.

But, I keep thinking......Getting the car from Dallas to Vegas(I don't want to drive it there) plus the $13K price tag?

I know it would be totally worth it.......maybe I keep making excuses instead of just doing it!

Is a Kenne Bell SC an available option or should it be Whipple? I've made no mods to the vehicle save for some cosmetic things.....

There are options for KB OR Whipple.

I wanted big power in a reliable automobile, so the Whipple 550 appealed to me, after hearing MANY people's input (people who owned each system).

For YOU, check out Quantum Performance in Dallas, they are an authorized Shelby Mod Shop and can do the work for you.

Remember, $13K is the price for EVERYTHING (actually, it's more now, that online flyer is out of date). If you have the Baer/Shelby brakes, etc etc... then it's a bit less.

If you do NOT have the brakes, GET THEM. "If you wanna go faster, stop quicker".

I can give no greater recommendation than to say "I JUST DID IT!".

Call Roger, he'll give you a greater perspective.

Jer

There are options for KB OR Whipple.

I wanted big power in a reliable automobile, so the Whipple 550 appealed to me, after hearing MANY people's input (people who owned each system).

For YOU, check out Quantum Performance in Dallas, they are an authorized Shelby Mod Shop and can do the work for you.

Remember, $13K is the price for EVERYTHING (actually, it's more now, that online flyer is out of date). If you have the Baer/Shelby brakes, etc etc... then it's a bit less.

If you do NOT have the brakes, GET THEM. "If you wanna go faster, stop quicker".

I can give no greater recommendation than to say "I JUST DID IT!".

Call Roger, he'll give you a greater perspective.

Jer

Thanks Jer. I've already decided if I do any mods, I want the SAI folks in Vegas to perform the work. Also, Quantum is/has experienced some issues lately and I think is defunct.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/67607-quantum-performance/page__p__1158865__hl__quantum__fromsearch__1#entry1158865

here are the cam covers in ford blue. I also want the coolant tank but lethal is the only source and they want too much 4 it for now i sport plastic..Best choice on the whipple a proven performer!!!!!.

DSC_0002.jpg

The blue covers look great.

I think I'm gonna get 'em with the Ford Racing etching to match the Whipple.

BTW, what's with the guys who have the coolant crossover CHROME-PLATED?

Looks pretty badass.

Jer

Congrats Jer, I'm hopefully right behind you here soon. However, I'm looking at doing the Paxton if they can still get the Shelby Paxton for the 2006. I know not as much power, but I like the history of that combo and it fits nice without loosing the factory strut brace.

Congrats Jer, I'm hopefully right behind you here soon. However, I'm looking at doing the Paxton if they can still get the Shelby Paxton for the 2006. I know not as much power, but I like the history of that combo and it fits nice without loosing the factory strut brace.

Jeff,

Doesn't seem "impossible"...

Jer

Just ordered the tank from Lethal.

Along with the blue FRPP logo-etched valve covers and Shelby/Revan/C&R radiator and heat exchanger.

Jer

Congrats Jer. I am glad I put the whipple 550 on mine. This year at hallet I did experience heat soak when the car reached 240 and it lost major power. I do already have the C&R radiator, and heat exchanger but was told by a Ford dealer sales manager (Randy Fry) that I probably should upgrade the coolant tank to a larger size and the heat exchanger tank to a larger size as well. I think I am going to order these soon.

You will feel like you got a new car once its finished.

Congrats Jer. I am glad I put the whipple 550 on mine. This year at hallet I did experience heat soak when the car reached 240 and it lost major power. I do already have the C&R radiator, and heat exchanger but was told by a Ford dealer sales manager (Randy Fry) that I probably should upgrade the coolant tank to a larger size and the heat exchanger tank to a larger size as well. I think I am going to order these soon.

You will feel like you got a new car once its finished.

Thanks! Everyone says that, so I'm sure I'll be impressed.

From your story, it sounds like the tank and the C&R stuff are a worthwhie investment, then. Good, I feel better about the extra cost now. I already have a big coolant tank, so THAT's a plus... Hey, thanks for the free test session on my behalf... LOL...

Woo hoo! I will be right behind you Jer. Just got the info from Roger. Mine will be on it's way sometime soon also!

Congrats, Jeff! I have butterflies right now, I've waited 4 years to do this!

Jer

Congrats Jer, you're going to love the power!!

As for the valve covers, I didn't really care for the FRPP blue, so I had mine powder coated a custom color.

Dan

I like the blue OK... I figured it would POP more than black, and I only have so much time to line up the extra goodies.

If I had to dream out loud, I'd like chrome or brushed with a black logo, but the FRPP chrome seemed squirrely to me. Something about "chrome plating" aluminum...

Jer

Just ordered the tank from Lethal.

Along with the blue FRPP logo-etched valve covers and Shelby/Revan/C&R radiator and heat exchanger.

Jer

Coolant tank arrived today:

Jer

lethal tank.jpg

lethal tank.jpg

looks good man! I keep thinking i need one in black... but I'm trying to be "done" with it now!

Yeah, I know the feeling.

I'm trying to knock out as much as I can in one big stroke:

1. Whipple

2. No more plastic tanks (I have the Moroso PS tank on the way)

3. New strut tower covers

4. ReVan Racing radiator and HE

5. FRPP valve covers

6. Brake ducts (after the HE is in, I'll see what room I have to install the JLT bezels)

7. Maybe new pulleys, or powdercoat the old ones before they go back on?

I'll still have more projects (install 2008-style window trim to get the windows tinted, new Pioneer head unit, etc etc etc).

It'll probably NEVER be "done!"

Jer

Yeah, I know the feeling.

I'm trying to knock out as much as I can in one big stroke:

1. Whipple

2. No more plastic tanks (I have the Moroso PS tank on the way)

3. New strut tower covers

4. ReVan Racing radiator and HE

5. FRPP valve covers

6. Brake ducts (after the HE is in, I'll see what room I have to install the JLT bezels)

7. Maybe new pulleys, or powdercoat the old ones before they go back on?

I'll still have more projects (install 2008-style window trim to get the windows tinted, new Pioneer head unit, etc etc etc).

It'll probably NEVER be "done!"

Jer

Trust me Jer, you never are... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Dan

Trust me Jer, you never are... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Dan

And I KNOW you're right.

That's fine.

Never gonna sell the car. I'd hate to run out of fun things to do!

Jer

Woo Hoo..... my car will be on a transporter to Vegas next week! I'm going with the polished self lubricating Paxton, intercooler, gauges, and the dual fuel pump set up.

Lemme know if you need someone in Vegas to take it for a little "test run"...heh heh heh...

Jer

Jer - I admire your move to the GT/SC...as you said to me before I will say back "you will love the car". It is an outstanding and special car and no matter of my whining before you customer experience @ SA will be next to none. When SA does it ones tends to get spoiled and take it for granted that "all" shops do it there way the right way. I have heard and read stroies about other shops and I know that no one knows these cars like Shelby.

PS: Keep the shiny side up!

Dave

Jer - I admire your move to the GT/SC...as you said to me before I will say back "you will love the car". It is an outstanding and special car and no matter of my whining before you customer experience @ SA will be next to none. When SA does it ones tends to get spoiled and take it for granted that "all" shops do it there way the right way. I have heard and read stroies about other shops and I know that no one knows these cars like Shelby.

PS: Keep the shiny side up!

Dave

Thanks, Dave. Not having the "best experience" with SA right now. Gotta hold my tongue. I'm confident everything will eventually work out fine. Still not willing to "go dark" yet..

Jer

Thanks, Dave. Not having the "best experience" with SA right now. Gotta hold my tongue. I'm confident everything will eventually work out fine. Still not willing to "go dark" yet..

Jer

Hang in there Jer, you have Roger to lean on if things get tough. He will take care of you and make sure it all works out in the end. I had my issues as well but after all was said and done 99% of everything was excellent, I said 99%. And when doing a business deal.....99% is pretty damn good. Of course I realized this after I settled down as the emotions run real high when doing a build on your "baby" so to speak. :)

Send pictures.

Dave

Archived