TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Dead Bird and Another Slightly Damaged Grill

During this mornings long, fast and scenic drive though the countryside it seams another bird wanted to commit suicide at the hands of a 350. After removing the entire dead bird that was wedged into the grill and sitting on top of the front fascia I then began to massage the now concave grill back to it's regular shape. Not too bad and hardly noticable to the entire world - except for me. Just some more history for #111. Can't wait to take her out again later today. Hope all the killing for today is finished. This car is my Prozac!!!!

There is a theory, unproven for sure, that birds view the blue on white twin stripes as a landing strip, not realizing until it is too late that the landing strip is closing at 100 mph. By then, the bird's flaps are down and gear extended for the touch down, all of which turns out badly for the bird. Well, that's what I heard anyway. ;)

Jim

There is a theory, unproven for sure, that birds view the blue on white twin stripes as a landing strip, not realizing until it is too late that the landing strip is closing at 100 mph. By then, the bird's flaps are down and gear extended for the touch down, all of which turns out badly for the bird. Well, that's what I heard anyway. ;)

Jim

Very funny!

Jim

:hysterical2:

...........or, it could be the bird just wanted a closer look at the beauty and got TOO close.

During this mornings long, fast and scenic drive though the countryside it seams another bird wanted to commit suicide at the hands of a 350. After removing the entire dead bird that was wedged into the grill and sitting on top of the front fascia I then began to massage the now concave grill back to it's regular shape. Not too bad and hardly noticable to the entire world - except for me. Just some more history for #111. Can't wait to take her out again later today. Hope all the killing for today is finished. This car is my Prozac!!!!

Not for anything Tony,

but I've always been told that looking at a digital clock that reads 11:11 is bad luck.........Old #111 ain't too far off?

:headscratch:

:finger:

:banghead:

:bag:

It is hardly noticeable as you mentioned, I did however pull a few more small feathers out before I left that morning.

*edit to add*

Here is the engine oil cooler that is used on the Boss, I wonder if there is room for it on the 350 after Shelby is done with all the work to the engine:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12905

Tony, Sorry to hear about #111. Don't blame the birds as they have a .019 second reaction time to avoid the white and blue beauty. It's like trying to escape a black hole! She goes fast enough, why don't you just drive her counterclockwise around the earth to turn back time?

Archived