TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A speedy "Hi" from Germany

Alberto

Hi all,

I'd like to introduce myself and thank the forum for beeing am member of it.

My name is Albert, coming from close to Munich, Germany, 42 years old, working as a consultant. My first US-Car Impression was a Dodge Ram 3500 with duallys in 1998. My second was a Mustang GT Convertible in 2005 and another one in 2008. Nice, but too slow!!! :shrug:

With other words: it had to be something, that suits to a German Autobahn. In 2010 I ordered a GT500 Convertible in black and there is nothing left to say about this monster of a car. Best V-max done ever on the Autobahn: 191 mph (307 km/h) on perfect conditions (12° Celsius outside, no wind).

What's done on the car?

- H&R suspension, deeper 1,5"

- kr-mufflers

- 19" (front) / 20" (rear) Wheels by ic-wheels (Germany)

- white turn lights

- vpm-tuning stage 1 incl. tune (arround 620 HP)

- new interieur on the seats (alcantara with a carbon stripe in the middle)

- stillen brakes

Have a look here:

bups17.jpg By profundis at 2011-03-23[/img]

bups10.jpg By profundis at 2010-07-03[/img]

bups048.jpg By profundis at 2010-07-25[/img]

But it didn't stop at that point. It was just a sudden inspiration to organize a regional SHELBY GT500 gathering including drag racing (what is quite different to drag races in us). In the meanwhile I founded a shelbyforum, which is the only GT500 forum in Europe. It's for GT500-Owners only. If you'd like to have a look: Shelbyforum Europe Traffic there is incredible - about 300.000 page views in just three months - with just about 100 members at this point. :rolleyes:

So now I have a very special request to all of you: We will come together this year for the second SHELBY GT500 Gathering and we are expecting arround 75 cars. Can anybody tell me, if you had a GT500 gathering in the usa with a bigger amount of GT500's only?

Looking very forward to your answere.

Thanks and Regards,

Alberto

P. S.: I'm not the only nurd in the family. :-) This is me and my brother with his 67 Mustang Convertible:

ja3.jpg By profundis at 2011-03-23[/img]

Hello Alberto from Illinois, both you and your brothers cars look great! The black looks realy sharp. Sounds like you are having fun with the Mustangs

Edit: IMO, It's much more fun and interesting to have a mix of Mustangs, at a gathering.

Hello Alberto from Illinois, both you and your brothers cars look great! The black looks realy sharp. Sounds like you are having fun with the Mustangs

Edit: IMO, It's much more fun and interesting to have a mix of Mustangs, at a gathering.

Hi back to Illinois.

You know, there are billions of us-car gatherings in germany and europe, but only ONE for GT500s only. It's a kind of obligation. And be sure - there will be about 100 mixed US-Cars by the visitors. :-)

btw: my birthday is one before yours! funny... :-)

Regards, Albert

Welcome Albert and congrats on getting a Shelby.

I haven't been to a GT500 only gathering before. However the largest all Shelby gathering I've been to is the Shelby Bash.

130 Shelby's (mostly GT500's) on the road and on the track together...........very cool.

IMG_0295.jpg

Alberto, welcome. Is this th esame car that's featured in the video for the upcoming get together? Sure looks familiar.

You're righ. It's the same car like on the video. You watched it? Makes me happy that someone of you noticed it! :) I don't know whether the European/German GT500 scene is attended in US or not.

Welcome Albert and congrats on getting a Shelby.

I haven't been to a GT500 only gathering before. However the largest all Shelby gathering I've been to is the Shelby Bash.

130 Shelby's (mostly GT500's) on the road and on the track together...........very cool.

Hi,

did you say 130? Wow...

To be honest - I thought we might have a small chance doing the biggest gathering of GT500's with about 80 cars. Doesn't seem to work out... :(

But thank you very very much for this information. You did me a big favour with this! Thanks again!

Albert

You're righ. It's the same car like on the video. You watched it? Makes me happy that someone of you noticed it! :) I don't know whether the European/German GT500 scene is attended in US or not.

Hi,

did you say 130? Wow...

To be honest - I thought we might have a small chance doing the biggest gathering of GT500's with about 80 cars. Doesn't seem to work out... :(

But thank you very very much for this information. You did me a big favour with this! Thanks again!

Albert

The Shelby Bash is a great mix......... but ..........80 GT500's at one gathering may just be biggest.

Hi,

did you say 130? Wow...

Albert

Albert, I'm friends with Wolfgang who runs the German Mustang club and website, and he brought the video to my attention. He's great guy to know, and I was fortunate enough to be able to visit wiht him during his visit to the Mustang 45th anniv. event in Birmingham two years ago.

Hello Alberto and welcome!

When and where is the event? I am going to be in Germany this summer visiting family and would love to attend if the dates work out.

Hello Alberto and welcome!

When and where is the event? I am going to be in Germany this summer visiting family and would love to attend if the dates work out.

Hi,

the event will be on the 17.+18. of September 2011. Have a look at GT500 Gathering

Would be perfect if you would folow us!

Regards, Albert

I actually thought about paying to ship my GT500 to Germany next year so that I can open her up on the autobahn. My wife is from there and we visit the family quite often. If I manage to pull this off, I will have to contact you so we can go for a ride on the Hockenheim race track.

Thanks for your warm welcome and your good luck for the event.

There was one information missing to 10Kona about where the event will be. We will meet in Augburg and will do the dragrace on a small airport 30 mls in the north of it. You will find Augsburg 30 mls west from munich.

@falcongtho3: wolfgang is also a member of my Shelbyforum. I don't know him personally, but I know that he is very good guy. He also placed the 2011 GT500 Gathering video on his site. Say thanks if you talk to him!

@all: Today I did something special with my snake. I know, I know - basically it's not allowed....... - but looks damned awesome! :):):)

stripesallover004.jpg By profundis at 2011-06-21[/img]

stripesallover005.jpg By profundis at 2011-06-21[/img]

stripesallover007.jpg By profundis at 2011-06-21[/img]

Regards, Alberto

Beautiful shots... What products do you use for detailing. Your finish is stunning... :salute:

to be honest........ paint shop pro! :)

But seriously! Actually I'm using Meguiars Quick Detailer. once a week and Meguiars Waxx once a month.

EDIT: sorry - it's not the Quick Detailer I'm using. It's the "Ultimate Cleaner". Incredible what you can do with it...

Hi,

the event will be on the 17.+18. of September 2011. Have a look at GT500 Gathering

Would be perfect if you would folow us!

Regards, Albert

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend. We are there in July and August.

It's too bad, I'm sure it would have been a great time.

• 4 months later...

Guten tag Alberto!

You and your brother have some nice autos! Take a ride on the Autobahn. Then have a few beers at the Hofbrau for me. I have so many fond memories of Munchen and Bayern. I'll look you up if I ever make it back to your town ! :happy feet:

Hey Alberto, Welcome! and a question, In the Pictures I was looking under the "Shelby Girls" tab and saw a picture of a White GT500 with some awesome looking wheels, the one I am looking at has the white mirrors as well. just wondering who makes the wheels if you know?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your welcome.

I feel flattered getting noticed again after some time when I opend my introduction.

Will anybody of you participate on the Shelbyrun Europe in 2012? I guess we'll meet there as Sean and I are trying to organize a gathering between the TeamShelbyforum and the European Shelbyforum there...

Greez, Alberto

Thanks for all your welcome.

I feel flattered getting noticed again after some time when I opend my introduction.

Will anybody of you participate on the Shelbyrun Europe in 2012? I guess we'll meet there as Sean and I are trying to organize a gathering between the TeamShelbyforum and the European Shelbyforum there...

Greez, Alberto

Hallo von Kalifornien,

Ich werde die Team Shelby Europa Reise mit meinem KR nächsten Sommer besuchen, freue ich mich so auf dies.

Alles das beste,

Tom

Archived