TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked it up today

wanted2b

It was a long wait. Some say no and that some Shelby owners have waited 6-8 months to get theirs. I'd been buying one off the lot if that would have happened. Guess I'm just to impatient. It's that instant gratification I guess.

Picked it up around 4:00pm and drove it home from the dealer in Pasco, WA. They tried to tell me that they have never ran into a person so picky about the way the car was delivered. Well I said, I'm paying for it, so I'll have it my way. I don't want some monkey messing with anything on the car.

Still getting used to being back in a standard once again. I've not had a standard in seven years. The shifter on the Shelby is so tight and that short throw is nice. I'm sure it will come back. Cleaned it up and now it's ready for the show tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the support over the past four months.

Pictures to follow, once I figure how to post them.

Hey Wanted... Congrats, man. I knew you'd make it. Looking forward to seeing pics when you can post them. Driving my Shelby is still somewhat surreal to me... as though I'm driving someone else's car! It's sinking in though, and hope you're enjoying the heck out of yours now that you've finally got your hands on it. :shift:

Archived