TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member From Texas

Double500

Currently can't sleep because I'm headed out tomorrow to pick up my 2012 Shelby GT500. Today has been like a whirlwind. In April I plunked down the money for a Boss 302 expecting to take delivery on May 10th. . Today we pulled the plug on the Boss because Ford hasn't shipped the car and won't give us any info as to why. Our dealer just got in a Performance White Shelby GT500 and said if we wanted the car, he'd work with us on the price. It'll be replacing my 2010 GT premium that currently shares garage space with our 2 Corvettes. This big boy and I are scheduled for AutoX on July 9 and HPD school at Cresson on July 30-31. This is going to be a fun 120 mile drive home from the dealer. I'M SO EXCITED! :shift:

Congratulations on the car and welcome to the forum!

Not sure what the issue was with the BOSS, but I think you'll be happy with the new GT500. To be honest, you can do any race modifications to your GT500 down the line, and you get that awesome factory supercharger.

Double500,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new GT500. The Boss is a great car, but it will never be a Shelby! Please post pics when you can and enjoy that first drive. In fact, you may have to take a wrong turn on the way home if you know what I mean... happy%20feet.gif

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Found out today that the Boss finally loaded for shipping yesterday but someone else can have it. For both a daily and long distance driver, I like the creature comforts offered in the Shelby much better. From my research it looks like it's a pretty dependable vehicle as far as HP cars go. Tonight I'm going to break it in right, from dealer to the drag strip (as a spectator only). I have to work the staging lanes tonight for a Jr. Dragster race that our car club sponsors. I'll park it close to the lanes so I can keep an eye on it and it can keep an eye on the action.

Welcome fellow Texan in West Texas? Far West?

SVTPP? Tape Stripe Delete?

I'm in Dallas and if you are ever in the area, look me up! We'll compare notes on our 2012 Perf White Shelby's!

Got the car yesterday and while it was a hard decision to walk away from the Boss, for us it was the right decision. The 120 mile drive home from the dealership was pure pleasure with the Shaker 1000 stereo system cranking out tunes courtesy of Sirius, while the husband was taking business calls via the hookup with Sync. Every now and then he'd look over and ask "is the boost working yet?" A little right foot adjustment and the answer was "Oh yeah." One redeeming factor of living in West Texas is there are a lot of roads where the speed limit is 75-80 and that's just a formality since it's a long way between anything but mesquite and cactus.

Here's a pic I took at the dealership after they brought it off the showroom floor and parked it in the shade, it was 107 yesterday. The other pic was taken on a cruise last year to the Black Hills of South Dakota and is my other driver.

That's how I came up with the username "Double 500".

DSC01945.jpg

P7120292.jpg

Got the car yesterday and while it was a hard decision to walk away from the Boss, for us it was the right decision. The 120 mile drive home from the dealership was pure pleasure with the Shaker 1000 stereo system cranking out tunes courtesy of Sirius, while the husband was taking business calls via the hookup with Sync. Every now and then he'd look over and ask "is the boost working yet?" A little right foot adjustment and the answer was "Oh yeah." One redeeming factor of living in West Texas is there are a lot of roads where the speed limit is 75-80 and that's just a formality since it's a long way between anything but mesquite and cactus.

Here's a pic I took at the dealership after they brought it off the showroom floor and parked it in the shade, it was 107 yesterday. The other pic was taken on a cruise last year to the Black Hills of South Dakota and is my other driver.

That's how I came up with the username "Double 500".

DSC01945.jpg

P7120292.jpg

Nice rides!! Welcome to TS! I'm in Odessa- you? Enjoy the triple digit Heat! HaHa...LOL!!

Nice rides!! Welcome to TS! I'm in Odessa- you? Enjoy the triple digit Heat! HaHa...LOL!!

I'm just to the east in MIdland. Have you ever taken yours to Big Spring and done the AutoX put on by the West Texas Porsche Club? The next one is on July 9 and we're taking my Shelby and his Corvette (not the one pictured). Also the second Saturday of every month a bunch from West Texas Cruisers and the Permian Basin Corvette Club meet at Texas Burger on Wadley in Midland around 7 pm to eat and talk cars. Stop by!

You have a couple of real beauties (cars) Double500............congrats.

Living in Texas, you may want to look into the cooling upgrade Shelby offers. Worth every penny.

Is there just one company that makes this upgrade or are there several different ones out there to choose from?

I believe Dan is referring specifically to the SPP items. However, there are other companies that offer brake, radiator and heat exchanger products.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z12-cr-cpr001.htm

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z12-cr-cpa001.htm

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-GT500-Brake-Duct-kit-p/s7m-2005-c.htm

Greg

I second the H/E and Radiator upgrade. Speak with Van @ Revan Racing about it......When I pick up my new 2012 in July those 2 will be the first upgrades I purchase. Worth every penny IMO. I put the AFCO in my 07 GT500, but in hindsight I wish I would have spent the extra cash and bought the Shelby/C&R radiator and H/E from Van.

Enjoy your new ride....looks real nice!

I believe Dan is referring specifically to the SPP items. However, there are other companies that offer brake, radiator and heat exchanger products.

http://www.shelbysto...2-cr-cpr001.htm

http://www.shelbysto...2-cr-cpa001.htm

http://www.shelbysto.../s7m-2005-c.htm

Greg

:yup:

bdiddle also has it correct................go with the system that Revan Racing developed for Shelby. It's a fairly easy set up to install. If you don't want to tackle it yourself, I'm sure there are lots of mod shops around you that can do the install.

I second the H/E and Radiator upgrade. Speak with Van @ Revan Racing about it......When I pick up my new 2012 in July those 2 will be the first upgrades I purchase. Worth every penny IMO. I put the AFCO in my 07 GT500, but in hindsight I wish I would have spent the extra cash and bought the Shelby/C&R radiator and H/E from Van.

Enjoy your new ride....looks real nice!

+1!! Talk to Van @ Revan Racing. Great guy & builds a Great product....& offered thru Shelby Parts as well. Have Van's Radiator & Heat Exchanger on my '07 SuperSnake that's putting down 734 HP to the tire.

+1!! Talk to Van @ Revan Racing. Great guy & builds a Great product....& offered thru Shelby Parts as well. Have Van's Radiator & Heat Exchanger on my '07 SuperSnake that's putting down 734 HP to the tire.

Whoa! That's some serious HP at the rear wheels. I don't plan to push it as hard as some do on the track because it's also my daily driver. Now that I know heat can become an issue I'll watch it close and if it looks like temp is going to be a problem we'll definitely do the upgrade before I head back for another 2 days of driving school in September.

A big +1 on Van and Revan Racing. My SS is in the 800hp at the tires club and Van's/Shelby's cooling system was the first mod I did on the way to 800hp.

Nice cars! Maybe we will meet at Cresson in September...

Right now, we're planning on attending in September. We both really like the way Driver's Edge teaches you to handle your car.

Archived