TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Couple Thoughts About Fathers Day

Everywhere you go, Home Depot, the grocery stores, then you turn the radio on and watch TV and all you hear is it's Fathers Day...Don't forget your father...

Well, I lost my Pop on August 16th, 2001 from small cell lung Cancer. Please understand, I AM NOT looking for any sympathy here, or any commentary from anyone, I just continually have a hard time when Fathers Day rolls around. I miss my Dad...Alot.

That said, I wanted to be the one that tells all of you: If you are still lucky enough to HAVE a Dad, on Sunday, tell him you love him and make sure you appreciate that he is still in your life. If he is NOT in your life, or you have some sort of 'beef' with him...figure it out! Air out the dirty laundry this weekend, while there's still time! I'm telling ya! I am at total peace with my Pop. We were good when he passed away.

And.....if you are a Dad yourself...on Sunday make it the best Fathers Day you possibly can and tell your kids you love them too! It works both ways.

:cry:;)

My father left our family when I was 6 and died when I was 9. My fond "father" memories are of my grandfather. The best part, however, is BEING a father - nothing tops that in my book!!!!

Chris,

Great post!!!

I lost my Dad on November 2nd, 2000 when he was struck and killed in a crosswalk on his morning walk to stay healthy at age 81. What a paradox. Here was a former Army Air Corps fighter pilot that flew 6 sorties on D-Day in his P-38 and had 2 planes shot out from underneath him in the ensuing months. On one occasion he spent 4 days in a Frenchman's cellar standing in a wine vat waiting for the Resistance to sneak him out, all the while hearing daily Nazi patrols go by looking for him. Fortunately, he lived to fight another day, and retired in the late 1960's a USAF bird colonel. I was so lucky to have him in the interim.

Chris is right, if your Dad is still here... let him know how much he means to you. You never know when your time on Earth may end...

Lost my Dad 12 years ago this June 27th to cancer as well..........I think of him daily and miss him terribly.....

he was Airborne, 82nd......and damn proud......I love you Dad.:salute:

and yes Bob...you are right......nothing tops being a father and I am blessed to have to two wonderful children in the center of my universe.

Happy Father's Day to ALL the Fathers out there! :happy feet:

Everywhere you go, Home Depot, the grocery stores, then you turn the radio on and watch TV and all you hear is it's Fathers Day...Don't forget your father...

Well, I lost my Pop on August 16th, 2001 from small cell lung Cancer. Please understand, I AM NOT looking for any sympathy here, or any commentary from anyone, I just continually have a hard time when Fathers Day rolls around. I miss my Dad...Alot.

That said, I wanted to be the one that tells all of you: If you are still lucky enough to HAVE a Dad, on Sunday, tell him you love him and make sure you appreciate that he is still in your life. If he is NOT in your life, or you have some sort of 'beef' with him...figure it out! Air out the dirty laundry this weekend, while there's still time! I'm telling ya! I am at total peace with my Pop. We were good when he passed away.

And.....if you are a Dad yourself...on Sunday make it the best Fathers Day you possibly can and tell your kids you love them too! It works both ways.

:cry:;)

With me, it's my Mom who passed. I spend my Sundays with my Dad and Two of my Sibs that live near by.

Father's day is one of my favorite days of the year. I have 4 kids, and they will all be at my house for father's day. My dad and mom and my father in law and mother in law will be there as well. I will be cooking a turkey (my father in law's favorite) and ribs (a favorite of my dads). My dad is almost 70 and my father in law almost 80 so I am going to enjoy every minute of it while I still can.

Father's day is one of my favorite days of the year. I have 4 kids, and they will all be at my house for father's day. My dad and mom and my father in law and mother in law will be there as well. I will be cooking a turkey (my father in law's favorite) and ribs (a favorite of my dads). My dad is almost 70 and my father in law almost 80 so I am going to enjoy every minute of it while I still can.

:happy feet: You GO Bob!!!! :happy feet:

You're a lucky man.

For all of you out there who still have their dad in their life,please take the time to really show them your love and gratitude. I unfortunately lost my dad when I was 25 and miss him every single day. He was my dad but more importantly he was my mentor throughout life's trials and tribulations. He spent the majority of his life as a career soldier ( MSGT) but he took the time to instill all the important values in my life. He was my coach throughout my early career as an athlete and was really proud of me when I received a college scholarship for tennis to a division 1 school. I will never forget my dad and would give ANYTHING to have him back!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for being wordy,but........................Give your dad a super hug tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel:

HAPPY Fathers Day to all of you and I as many of you will have that hole in my day tomorrow, lost my Dad 2 years ago and I miss him every day. I have two Sons and both are great people and I am thankful daily that I am lucky enought to have them in my life.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!

Archived