TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Did You Do With Your Take-Offs?

So, what did folks do with their take-offs after the SS conversion? If you sold them, how and what did you get for them?

Mine are still in my garage with 8.3 original miles on them, climate controlled, out of sunlight, etc. I have watched the market over the past couple of years and it seems that there are so many GT500 wheels for sale that the market is saturated. I have seen full sets sell for $600 (all new condition) and I have seen full sets sell for $300 (used condition). Now the guys who are interested in OEM wheels are looking at the new/current wheels for purchase and the Dark ones are "in".

R

I got a $1500 credit from Shelby for them. I didn't want to store them and didn't want to bother trying to sell them. FYI the stock SC will only fit the 5.4. So Unless someone wants it for their F-150 it would be pretty hard to sell it.

I got a $1500 credit from Shelby for them. I didn't want to store them and didn't want to bother trying to sell them. FYI the stock SC will only fit the 5.4. So Unless someone wants it for their F-150 it would be pretty hard to sell it.

I have seen where Shelby sells the parts for $2,500.00 bucks plus shipping. The Supercharger will only work with a 4 valve per cylinder 5.4, the F150 5.4 is only a 2 valve per cylinder engine.

I have seen where Shelby sells the parts for $2,500.00 bucks plus shipping. The Supercharger will only work with a 4 valve per cylinder 5.4, the F150 5.4 is only a 2 valve per cylinder engine.

Yes, that is the price that they are asking for all of the take-offs when an owner chooses not to take them.

To the original poster, I'm sorry, I thought you were asking about the tires and wheels only. My mistake.

R

So it's absolutely useless and has no resale value.

No one is interested in stock blowers except for very little $$$. In most cases the person wants to upgrade their blower and in this case again, the market is heavy with stock blowers driving the prices down.

R

I have only sold a few parts so far. I got $500 for my stock front tires and rims (I kept the rear rims for my drag radials) and $450 for my front discs and Brembo Calipers. The rest is taking up space in the gargae. I have had a couple inquiries but nothing serious.

Cheers

Brett

I have only sold a few parts so far. I got $500 for my stock front tires and rims (I kept the rear rims for my drag radials) and $450 for my front discs and Brembo Calipers. The rest is taking up space in the gargae. I have had a couple inquiries but nothing serious.

Cheers

Brett

The front Brembo's and discs are the only items that will sell quickly from what I have seen over the past couple of years. The Mustang GT guys like the GT500 front brake upgrade for their cars.

R

The front Brembo's and discs are the only items that will sell quickly from what I have seen over the past couple of years. The Mustang GT guys like the GT500 front brake upgrade for their cars.

R

Yes, mine are running around town on a limer GT now.

Brett

Archived