TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I don't think this Gt-H is right

http://www.specialtyauto.net/ad.aspx?ID=2168448

thought my fellow GT-H convertible owners might like this. My question is how can this be an original car purchased from hertz when it has:

GT-H caps for fluids under the hood that are an aftermarket shelby purchase

The metal dash plaque that is given to the first registered owner only

a big fat GT-H emblem on the back bumper

Someone is not being upfront, or maybe my original shelby purchased from Hertz is missing all this "special stuff".....but I don't think so. $55,000, and 24,000 miles...........YOWZA!

Appears to be an owner modified car. They are not claiming its all original or stock so I'm not bothered by the easily removed mods to the car. But it is an interesting claim that the car was purchased directly from Hertz. You would think they would be able to show proof of that.

It appears this GTH is being advertised by a car broker and not the actual owner. If you perform a Google search on this company you will find many unhappy customers. The BBB rates them with an F and shows 121 complaints filed against them. Ouch.

Steve

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the GT-H didn't come with the GT/CS rear bumper either- they used the standard GT one. This car may be an original that was owner modified. I think the rear GT-H decal is a bit much.

Mine did, and Im the first registered owner

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the GT-H didn't come with the GT/CS rear bumper either- they used the standard GT one. This car may be an original that was owner modified. I think the rear GT-H decal is a bit much.

Socal, this is another difference between the 06 coupes and the 07 verts. The 06 coupes had a standard GT rear bumper. The 07 verts had the same as the other Shelby GT's.

Damn, the vert owners lucked out. Thanks for the information Jeff. It seems like there's always some little bit of Shelby stuff to learn.

It looks like the real deal to me. It even has the engine replacement wire as evident in one photo. Yeah, mine has the GT/CS bumper too like in the pic as well. 54K is a bit much for having to redo the drivers seat. and remove the tacky decal. jus' my 2 pennies.

Archived