TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Better looking Horse Emblem

So I ordered a new Horse emblem from SA and noticed that on the grill emblem it is epoxied on...also the original emblem says Scott Drake on the back and the new one says Shelby.....

So as I like to make things cooler...I applied touch up paint of ford colors to the tri-bar and presto way better looking emblem no messing with epoxy and all that jazz...

post-9886-0-82869100-1308030542_thumb.jpg

And yes those are bugs....DRIVEN!!!! happy%20feet.gif

post-9886-0-82869100-1308030542_thumb.jpg

So I ordered a new Horse emblem from SA and noticed that on the grill emblem it is epoxied on...also the original emblem says Scott Drake on the back and the new one says Shelby.....

So as I like to make things cooler...I applied touch up paint of ford colors to the tri-bar and presto way better looking emblem no messing with epoxy and all that jazz...

009.JPG

And yes those are bugs....DRIVEN!!!! happy%20feet.gif

Lookin' good, as far as I can tell from the photo.

As for the bugs, GOOD FOR YOU. That's what they get for bein' in your way! Drive that sucker.

I drove my SGT cross-country when I relocated from NY to Vegas, my company's VP is a Shelby fan, and gave me a week to enjoy the car with my wife... I can send you a photo that would PROVE bugs come in MANY colors... LOL...

Jer

Lookin' good, as far as I can tell from the photo.

As for the bugs, GOOD FOR YOU. That's what they get for bein' in your way! Drive that sucker.

I drove my SGT cross-country when I relocated from NY to Vegas, my company's VP is a Shelby fan, and gave me a week to enjoy the car with my wife... I can send you a photo that would PROVE bugs come in MANY colors... LOL...

Jer

The original paint is more of a glaze lets just say....Love it Jer!!!! happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

The original paint is more of a glaze lets just say....Love it Jer!!!! happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Thanks!

That's why I had "Guitar Center Las Vegas" logos made up by John Farmer to fly on my car during the Vegas Bash 2011. To THANK my company for letting me follow my passion and move here. They are one COOL COMPANY.

(You can see 'em over my "Powered By Ford" badges in my signature photo)...

Jer

As for the bugs, GOOD FOR YOU. That's what they get for bein' in your way! Drive that sucker. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Jer

I thought the same thing about the bugs.

By the way what touch up colors did you use? I'm sure it's no surprise to you that mine is looking pretty bad and in need of a repaint.

Jeff

I used Ford Motorcraft Performance White, Duplicolor Ford Cardnial Red and Duplicolor Ford Sonic Blue. I used PPG Acryli-Clean to prep.

I'll snap a pocture with P/N's soon...

Thanks, much appreciated. I'm looking to do this posibly next week when I return from current business trip. Hope mine comes out as good as your did.

Jeff

post-9886-0-90086400-1308539702_thumb.jpg

Here ya go...I had the grill off the car, simple to get off...and had it face up on a moving blanked folded up on the bench...this allowed me to "fill in" the recesses with the appropriate colors...Cheers!

Acryli-clean to clean and prep surfaces...Laq thinner to clean brush, a touch up brush...happy%20feet.gif

edit: I folded up the blanket and positioned the grill so that the emblem was flat as then gravity was my friend.

post-9886-0-90086400-1308539702_thumb.jpg

Jer

Post the photo! haha :happy feet:

Archived