TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Air Flow Filter

I've been showing my car almost every weekend. Everyone loves this car but I always get the same question from many garage savvy people. They ask if I'm going to change out my "Clean Air Tube & use a "High Flow air filter". Most state that it will increase horse power.

Should I change this out? If so will it reduce the value since it was not in the original plans of this car?

I really don't track the car (yet). I'm having a blast showing it at weekly car shows.

Thanks for the assistance.

Yeah, not only do you get a bit more HP, you get a wicked supercharger whine like the GT500s sound. If you can manage to find blue filters, it really dresses up your engine compartment too!

How can it hurt your value? Don't throw anything stock away, and you can always return it to original build later.

Yeah, not only do you get a bit more HP, you get a wicked supercharger whine like the GT500s sound. If you can manage to find blue filters, it really dresses up your engine compartment too!

How can it hurt your value? Don't throw anything stock away, and you can always return it to original build later.

Once again thank you Dubbs. I think I'm going to give this a try.

Once again thank you Dubbs. I think I'm going to give this a try.

I've never took a look at what filter comes with the car. But I'm wanting to add the cammed tune to my car. Have you looked into this yet? I here you can do it cheap. Let me know if you have heard how to make these mods for better performance.

Kris

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently there are cold air intakes available that replace those ugly air boxes. There are several different filter colors available as well. The only thing to consider is that there are some sensor(s) in the air box that may affect the the emission system and could have an impact on a smog inspection. The HP is increased with a change out and the appearance is definitely improved. You just might have to change it back whenever you have your car smogged, if that should be an issue. I don't know if it affects the warranty...of course if you have the 624, that's obviously not a problem anyway! :hysterical:

John

I aim to please....

cai.JPG

One caveat I should mention- I REALLY wanted a BLUE filter, but I found out that the maker of most filters has decided not to sell blue ones anymore. What they told me was that the filters are the same, and the blue oil can be bought and used by cleaning the red ones....yeah, that didnt work....Ive got a faded red filter now, but I am working towards turning it blue...I bought the remaining blue oil they had in stock....

If anyone knows where to just get blue filters, I would love to start with what I want...

cai.JPG

I aim to please....

cai.JPG

One caveat I should mention- I REALLY wanted a BLUE filter, but I found out that the maker of most filters has decided not to sell blue ones anymore. What they told me was that the filters are the same, and the blue oil can be bought and used by cleaning the red ones....yeah, that didnt work....Ive got a faded red filter now, but I am working towards turning it blue...I bought the remaining blue oil they had in stock....

If anyone knows where to just get blue filters, I would love to start with what I want...

Warren,

Steeda makes a blue filter.

John

Archived