TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Final stages

post-18733-0-31697500-1307932273_thumb.jpgpost-18733-0-93624800-1307932293_thumb.jpgMy car is almost done from my venture of adding blue pearl to the black paint. I also went with new rim's and spoiler which isn't mounted yet and paint the stripes on with new hood and side scoops.

I also added new door speakers and sound the complete floor boards.

I ended up striping the car to bare metal when I did the silver pearl it wasn't liking the flash of silver so thats why I did a full paint job with jet black single stage and clear mixed with the pearl. I went a little to much with the blue pearl more than I like but its hard to adjust. I used a paint stick with the jet black dried and dipped in the clear to judge the blue pearl.

I bought the whale tail spoiler from bangastang.com quality was excellent.

So let the bashing begin !!! Oh and this was done in my garage

post-18733-0-31697500-1307932273_thumb.jpg

post-18733-0-93624800-1307932293_thumb.jpg

Bashing- lol. I aint' going to bash anything. So far, it looks fairly cool. The painted stripes look much better. And, you're still adding a rear spoiler which should offset the hood nicely. The window scoops are the only thing I don't like.

Out of curiousity, are you going to put the PBF fender emblems back on?

Bashing- lol. I aint' going to bash anything. So far, it looks fairly cool. The painted stripes look much better. And, you're still adding a rear spoiler which should offset the hood nicely. The window scoops are the only thing I don't like.

Out of curiousity, are you going to put the PBF fender emblems back on?

Everything emblem is going back the only thing I may change out the chrome lettering on the trunk with a wider chrome lettering. I am working on the spoiler now have to reclear to make it match the rest of the car. I bought new lower scoops and will paint inside of the scoops so it looks like its real and the window scoop will be done the same.

I thought about making the whaletail spoiler either solid gray like the stripes or all black. But couldn't picture in my head what it would like. I'm in the middle of wet sanding by hand didn't like doing it with the machine. I start 1000grit to 3000grit After starting with 1000 grit I run a razor down the panel at a 45 degree's to see if and runs are visible if there is. I use the razor to knock down the run or imperfection then continue hand sanding.

You guys have to remember I'm doing this on meds since the wife and kid are away. I cut back on them to keep my brain focused but my eye's are still hard to focus even with glasses so its safer to hand sand than machine. But will finish up DA buffer.

Forgot to mention will be making my own front splitter

Archived