TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT500 Spark Plugs Just hit 100K miles

Hi Everyone,

My 2007 GT500 SVT#12 just hit 100k miles and I was going to replace the spark plugs today. However, the local

Ford dealers parts depts are all closed today and I can't get the Motorcraft SP-405 plugs this evening. But the local Kragen stores have

Autolite AP103 Platinum/ APP103 double Platinum and XP103 (Iridium) in stock. AND...there is a $1.50 to $2 off each mail in rebate going on for these now.

So, should I wait and get the stock SP-405 plugs next week or go with one of the Autolite plugs?

There is also a third choice at Kragen...the Champion 7963 double platinums? Which are the same price as the Autolites, about $350 each.

Thanks,

msbmustang / Mark

PS - Any suggestions / Warnings on plug removal and re-install on these cars? I have done plug replacements many times on my other non-performance cars.

Regular (copper) NGK's last 3-5000 miles. It looks like your car is stock so I'd stay with a good platinum or iridium. TAny one of the plugs you listed will work. There's no reason to go with a copper plug if you're running stock boost. Even if you up the boost I'd still go with a cooler platinum or iridium version.

100K... Congrats! Stay w/Motorcraft, which has obviously been a proven product by your own experience.

Thanks everyone for the input and suggestions. Especially thanks to Grabber for the install procedure link!

Looks like I will go with the stock plugs again as I cannot argue with the "a proven product by your own experience" argument from SteelTownStang and others.

I was looking forward to trying something new though.

Off to the Ford dealer to buy the plugs at lunchtime as the local ORiely stores do not stock them.

Mark / MSBMustang

I changed my plugs tonight after 6K. New TR6's installed. Here's some pics of the plugs I pulled.

Pre Spark Plug Change (6-11) 013.JPG

Pre Spark Plug Change (6-11) 014.JPG

Pre Spark Plug Change (6-11) 015.JPG

Pre Spark Plug Change (6-11) 013.JPG

Pre Spark Plug Change (6-11) 014.JPG

Pre Spark Plug Change (6-11) 015.JPG

Archived