TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More to the point of what you plan on doing with the 350 when you get it?

I don't think the 1/4 mile times are important. Unless you plan on dragging your 350. 524 is more than enough if you are going to road race it.

If you are seriously considering a 350 I'd call Jeremey at SAI. He will help you. It really depends on your intentions for use.

:salute:

More to the point of what you plan on doing with the 350 when you get it?

I don't think the 1/4 mile times are important. Unless you plan on dragging your 350. 524 is more than enough if you are going to road race it.

If you are seriously considering a 350 I'd call Jeremey at SAI. He will help you. It really depends on your intentions for use.

+100 - what Gator said...

I have another take on it too...much like (and this car not a good example of it), but much like the phrase top goes down, price goes up...in this case on the GT350, IMHO, the SC'd cars will bring 'all the money' someday when we are all gone! That said, I don't feel like the GT350 is a vert type car, but in a hardtop, I feel like if the funds are there for ya, and you can live with a supercharger for whatever you are going to use the car for, they will be more desirable down the road than an NA car. My .2 cents!

:shift:

I have not scene any stats on the 624 hp version how much difference is there in 0-60 and the 1/4 over the 525 hp

From the boys out at Shelby, no difference in 0-60 times, .3 sec in 1/4 time, in favor of the 624 hp.

I thought hard about going with the 525 hp to retain the power train warranty, but opted for the 624 hp.

These cars are bad mothers in person.

I got the 525 hp to retain the warranty to . But I had SA do cold air and a tune and got 578 hp and 501 hp to the wheel . My car is a 10 +

I opted for the 624hp car. It really runs good but I would like more power yet. Horse power is a addiction, you never have enough. Enjoy your ride, when anyone asks how much power is under the hood, tell them more than you'll ever use..........

Kris

One way to look at this is money wise-

The 624 will cost you 700.00 more than the 525, but you get 100 HP for 700.00 AND you get the biggest Shelby 350 there is. Thats a great start, and money well spent.

I went with a smaller pulley and CAI after buying the 624HP, which is a pretty easy and inexpensive way to add the last bit of power you can safely get out of these drivetrains. One simple and effective mod is to simply have the aluminum one piece driveshaft put in. I added(well, not added, but didnt loose) nearly 30 HP to the rear wheels JUST with that. (I did dyno's before and after that mod, and then before and after my pulley and CAI)

With all of that, Im 90+HP up from the stock 624 configuration. Total cost for that 90 extra -

Drivershaft- 700.00

Pulley -150.00

CAI -300.00 (expensive, I know, but you can go cheaper if you want to shop around)

Not a bad price for the HP increase.

If I want more at this point, the next mod on the radar would have to be an Aluminator 5.0, and upgrade fuel system to handle higher boosting.

But thats going to cost 9k for another 200hp if Im lucky. You can see where you begin to loose too much for somewhat little gains dollar for HP....

Im not flinching though, and I will say this here and now- Im not afraid of blowing my engine, and will at one point or another. Its just a matter of time.

The 624 will cost you 700.00 more than the 525, but you get 100 HP for 700.00 AND you get the biggest Shelby 350 there is. Thats a great start, and money well spent.

I went with a smaller pulley and CAI after buying the 624HP, which is a pretty easy and inexpensive way to add the last bit of power you can safely get out of these drivetrains. One simple and effective mod is to simply have the aluminum one piece driveshaft put in. I added(well, not added, but didnt loose) nearly 30 HP to the rear wheels JUST with that. (I did dyno's before and after that mod, and then before and after my pulley and CAI)

With all of that, Im 90+HP up from the stock 624 configuration. Total cost for that 90 extra -

Drivershaft- 700.00

Pulley -150.00

CAI -300.00 (expensive, I know, but you can go cheaper if you want to shop around)

If I want more at this point, the next mod on the radar would have to be an Aluminator 5.0, and upgrade fuel system to handle higher boosting.

But thats going to cost 9k for another 200hp if Im lucky. You can see where you begin to loose too much for somewhat little gains dollar for HP....

Im not flinching though, and I will say this here and now- Im not afraid of blowing my engine, and will at one point or another. Its just a matter of time.

Warren,

Who made the CAI that you installed? I have been looking?

Thanks,

Tom

There are two or three I looked at, but I settled on the whipple CAI from Lethal. Jon Lund told me it was the one to get, so I didn't ask questions and just did it. That particular CAI is pricey though. I want to say it was over 500.00, but there are two or three between Late Model Restoration, American Muscle, and Lethal I have noticed that I'm sure are just as good. Just look around and ask questions!

There are two or three I looked at, but I settled on the whipple CAI from Lethal. Jon Lund told me it was the one to get, so I didn't ask questions and just did it. That particular CAI is pricey though. I want to say it was over 500.00, but there are two or three between Late Model Restoration, American Muscle, and Lethal I have noticed that I'm sure are just as good. Just look around and ask questions!

Do you put the tune on the car? Or do you have to take the car to a shop. Does it make the car have more rumble at idle and while driving? Does gas mileage go out the window?

Kris

Do you put the tune on the car? Or do you have to take the car to a shop. Does it make the car have more rumble at idle and while driving? Does gas mileage go out the window?

Kris

Really? :headscratch:

Smiles per gallon is our motto. Not miles per gallon.

Really? :headscratch:

Smiles per gallon is our motto. Not miles per gallon.

I like that saying, that is cool. I really dont care about gas mileage, just curious if it changed it much. I really want the ghost cammed sound on my 350. I have not found anyone who can tell me much about it yet.

Kris

I like that saying, that is cool. I really dont care about gas mileage, just curious if it changed it much. I really want the ghost cammed sound on my 350. I have not found anyone who can tell me much about it yet.

Kris

Warren has a tune on his car to give it that cammed sound you're looking for. It sounded like it was an easy and awesome mode. I'm sure he'll respond shortly to you.

Drivershaft- 700.00

Pulley -150.00

That driveshaft sounds like a good idea for a net of 30hp to the rear wheels. Is it about standard for Shelby to double the price for these options? Their website shows $1500 for the driveshaft.

I have the 624 and like Warren, put a smaller pulley and John Lund tune on my car. I did not do the CAI though. I have 6 track days on the car and have beat the snot out of it. My fear is not the motor but the tranny. I just don't think it will survive constant tracking. My solution was to relegate the 350 to occasional track days with the current setup and buy and track a 302. If the the 302 is not modded, the car is covered under ford warranty. Nice piece of mind. Though not as fast, it will be just as fun.

If you enjoy speed, you must get the 624. If you will not regularly track the car, the 624 will handle anything you can do with it on th street. In the end however, you gotta make the call. Good luck and enjoy. The 350 is a remarkable machine that continues the legacy with pride.

I have the 624 and like Warren, put a smaller pulley and John Lund tune on my car. I did not do the CAI though. I have 6 track days on the car and have beat the snot out of it. My fear is not the motor but the tranny. I just don't think it will survive constant tracking. My solution was to relegate the 350 to occasional track days with the current setup and buy and track a 302. If the the 302 is not modded, the car is covered under ford warranty. Nice piece of mind. Though not as fast, it will be just as fun.

If you enjoy speed, you must get the 624. If you will not regularly track the car, the 624 will handle anything you can do with it on th street. In the end however, you gotta make the call. Good luck and enjoy. The 350 is a remarkable machine that continues the legacy with pride.

Tony,

Does your car have that cammed idle? Did you put the John Lund tune on your car yourself? Shelby told me not to touch the car with a cammed tune... They said that it actually detunes the car and makes it run poorly. Ford Racing doesnt offer anything to do a cammed idle.. Thanks for any advice.

Kris

Tony,

Does your car have that cammed idle? Did you put the John Lund tune on your car yourself? Shelby told me not to touch the car with a cammed tune... They said that it actually detunes the car and makes it run poorly. Ford Racing doesnt offer anything to do a cammed idle.. Thanks for any advice.

Kris

Kris,

I actually brought the car to John's home as he does not live far from me. I would NOT get the cammed tune. Sounds cool but guys are having trouble with the tune fouling plugs. Just my .02

Tony

Kris,

I actually brought the car to John's home as he does not live far from me. I would NOT get the dammed tune. Sounds cool but guys are having trouble with the tune fouling plugs. Just my .02

Tony

Thanks for the advice. I will leave the car just the way shelby sent it to me.

Kris

Gator, IMHO, while it is nice to have Shelby do work on the GT350s while the cars are out there, you might want to wait and feel out the power of the 624hp before putting more into it. I can almost guarantee you that if you start upgrading, you better have a local mod shop you can trust to work on your car. Its not feasible to think SA can help you troubleshoot issues over the phone, and Ford dealers just arent equipped to deal with the setups on these cars. I have wasted a TON of time at Ford dealers, and the worst part is, you know what needs to be done, and they just dont listen. Keep in mind- almost anyone can do a pulley swap and CAI and the driveshaft though...those are very easy mods.

Im not saying the upgrades arent worth it. Im saying there will be some wrinkles to iron out over a few weeks, and there are adjustments you will need to be able to do AFTER you pick the car up from whoever does it.

I will say this- IF you are going to swap the pulley, dont dare go over 11 lbs. of boost without changing your fuel delivery system, and you need to be ready to replace an engine or a tranny. It hasnt happened to me, yet, but it is playing with fire. Also, I wouldnt go with anyone but Jon Lund for tuning if you go over the 624. After a couple years, the experience and knowledge will spread to other tuners, but for now, dont take any chances. I think the true limits of these drivetrains will be clearer too as time goes by.

If I wanted more out of my car at this point, the smart thing to do would be to remove the stock engine and get a BOSS or aluminator 5.0 with forged internals and go crazy. That way, you could preserve the original parts, and still take the 350 to the next level and then have the original block ready to drop back in if you ever needed to do that. :headscratch: hmmmmm :hysterical:

Gator, IMHO, while it is nice to have Shelby do work on the GT350s while the cars are out there, you might want to wait and feel out the power of the 624hp before putting more into it. I can almost guarantee you that if you start upgrading, you better have a local mod shop you can trust to work on your car. Its not feasible to think SA can help you troubleshoot issues over the phone, and Ford dealers just arent equipped to deal with the setups on these cars. I have wasted a TON of time at Ford dealers, and the worst part is, you know what needs to be done, and they just dont listen. Keep in mind- almost anyone can do a pulley swap and CAI and the driveshaft though...those are very easy mods.

Im not saying the upgrades arent worth it. Im saying there will be some wrinkles to iron out over a few weeks, and there are adjustments you will need to be able to do AFTER you pick the car up from whoever does it.

I will say this- IF you are going to swap the pulley, dont dare go over 11 lbs. of boost without changing your fuel delivery system, and you need to be ready to replace an engine or a tranny. It hasnt happened to me, yet, but it is playing with fire. Also, I wouldnt go with anyone but Jon Lund for tuning if you go over the 624. After a couple years, the experience and knowledge will spread to other tuners, but for now, dont take any chances. I think the true limits of these drivetrains will be clearer too as time goes by.

If I wanted more out of my car at this point, the smart thing to do would be to remove the stock engine and get a BOSS or aluminator 5.0 with forged internals and go crazy. That way, you could preserve the original parts, and still take the 350 to the next level and then have the original block ready to drop back in if you ever needed to do that. :headscratch: hmmmmm :hysterical:

Thanks Tony. I was thinking of going to Tasca here in RI since I'm close and they are authorized Shelby shop since they do SS conversions. Question is I am not sure if they are trust worthy, capble or economical. Also, my sales rep at SA told me that any work performed in their mod shop will be entered into the Shelby registry. Not sure if that is worth it or just a typical sales tactic.

I am concerned about pushing it too far. So I was leaning toward no pulley...just CAI and tune. Are saying that a Lund tune (mail order) would be better than bringing to SA dynojet? I know he great...just didn't know if mail order is better than dynojet?

Thanks for your insight. I definately need help with these decisions.

Thanks Tony. I was thinking of going to Tasca here in RI since I'm close and they are authorized Shelby shop since they do SS conversions. Question is I am not sure if they are trust worthy, capble or economical. Also, my sales rep at SA told me that any work performed in their mod shop will be entered into the Shelby registry. Not sure if that is worth it or just a typical sales tactic.

I am concerned about pushing it too far. So I was leaning toward no pulley...just CAI and tune. Are saying that a Lund tune (mail order) would be better than bringing to SA dynojet? I know he great...just didn't know if mail order is better than dynojet?

Thanks for your insight. I definately need help with these decisions.

Sorry... I ment Dubbs

Archived