TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Mustang GT350 Hertz Edition

Hi all! Last Sunday I found at Monza Circuit a nice Shelby Mustang GT350 Hertz. In my opinion this is really a great looking car but I have a doubt: the sound (Awesome compared with other cars) wasn't very loud. This car is used by the owner for historical car races and I thought the exhaust system was without the back silencer.

In your opinion these are the original pipes or they were modified by the owner?

Video:

Yes, that exhaust isn't the original. I seems much quieter than most of the GT350s I've heard. The give away are those canister style mufflers on the back.

Here's are comparison pictures. It's tough to look at, but there's no mufflers sticking out. The exhaust tips are tucked just behind the rear valance.

post-24817-0-10249600-1307659213_thumb.jpg

post-24817-0-69141500-1307659253_thumb.jpg

post-24817-0-10249600-1307659213_thumb.jpg

post-24817-0-69141500-1307659253_thumb.jpg

Hi all! Last Sunday I found at Monza Circuit a nice Shelby Mustang GT350 Hertz. In my opinion this is really a great looking car but I have a doubt: the sound (Awesome compared with other cars) wasn't very loud. This car is used by the owner for historical car races and I thought the exhaust system was without the back silencer.

In your opinion these are the original pipes or they were modified by the owner?

Video:

Welcome to TS Bozzy, that must've been nice seeing that vintage American Iron in Italy! That car appears to be fully sorted for vintage racing, and as such, I doubt much is original on that car.

I would've liked to see and hear a clip of that car at speed...I assure you it would sound a whole lot diiferent too.

Archived