TEAM SHELBY FORUM

San Francisco Bay Area / Summer Kick-Off Cruise

SVT NAJA

Jim is in too. See you guys tomorrow morning.

Jim,

I've got page one updated. Dan and I should be passing thru Danville about 8:15am if you want to catch us from the Sycamore on-ramp behind the fire station. See you in morning!

Jim

Jim,

I've got page one updated. Dan and I should be passing thru Danville about 8:15am if you want to catch us from the Sycamore on-ramp behind the fire station. See you in morning!

Jim

What time do you think you will be passing through Fremont? I can join you guys on Hwy 680 South.

What time do you think you will be passing through Fremont? I can join you guys on Hwy 680 South.

Dana,

Dan gives new meaning to the phrase "spirited driving", so I think we'll be coming off the Sunol grade about 8:35am and near Fry's about 8:40am or so. See you then! superhero.gif

Jim

Dana,

Dan gives new meaning to the phrase "spirited driving", so I think we'll be coming off the Sunol grade about 8:35am and near Fry's about 8:40am or so. See you then! superhero.gif

Jim

I'll be looking for you from the onramp around Sunol. I have to put in some high octane gas to keep up with you guys. I sure hope somebody has a radar detector as I have a feeling this is going to get interesting.

Jim,

Jim

Jim, sounds good. Should I just look for you from the freeway on ramp and catch up or meet at the fire station?

I'll be looking for you from the onramp around Sunol. I have to put in some high octane gas to keep up with you guys. I sure hope somebody has a radar detector as I have a feeling this is going to get interesting.

Pretty sure you won't have a problem catching us Dana.

Jim, sounds good. Should I just look for you from the freeway on ramp and catch up or meet at the fire station?

Jim,

We'll take the off-ramp and meet you at the gas station on the corner.

Jim

Sounds good. I'll be there at 815. What gas station is it?

Jim,

There is a Valero on the Northwest side of I-680 right off the Southbound exit. We'll see you there!

Jim

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=danville,+ca&hl=en&ll=37.811168,-121.994939&spn=0.001776,0.004058&client=safari&z=19&layer=c&cbll=37.811456,-121.995177&panoid=s7uhl6OhVOnQu4Y2PlSqmw&cbp=12,26.67,,0,0

So Dan, Jim, Dana and I headed into the South Bay early this morning (with a bit of excitement on I-880) and made our way to the meet-up location in Saratoga where some of us got a Starbucks fix. superhero.gif

IMG_0546.jpg

Soon after, Charles arrived with his new Super Snake... fresh from SAI Las Vegas. This Shelby is an absolute B E A S T. happy%20feet.gif

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Several other members arrived and we headed out to the top of Skyline Blvd. http://en.wikipedia...._State_Route_35 to head North to Hwy 84.

We arrived at the cross roads of Highways 35 and 84 right on schedule... probably due to some spirited driving. shift.gif

Our group parked across the road from Alice's and waited for Allen and Mark to meet-up with us. Meanwhile, we exchanged notes on performance and which color is really the fastest. hysterical.gif

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

When we finally decided the Super Snake was the fastest, we pushed off and headed downhill to Hwy 1 on the San Mateo coast. Talk about a quick trip... happy%20feet.gif

After negotiating our way through traffic in town and some surfing activity south of the harbor, we finally arrived at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company where we had some great grub and grog. Following lunch, we walked some of it off and took a few more pics of the turnout for the cruise...

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

Here's another peek at the B E A S T...

IMG_0574.jpg

I want to thank everyone that came out for making this such an enjoyable day. We finally had some nice weather and it was great meeting several new TS members. I look forward to seeing you all at some of the other TS events this summer!

That "bit of excitement" was way too funny. That kid in the M3 that started to mess with Jim and weave through traffic probably got a nice lecture from the highway patrol and an expensive ticket. :spend: I thought Jim was toast when I saw the CHP blow by me with lights on and then peel off to go after the M3 instead. I had a huge grin on my face. I told you this cruise was going to get interesting.

That "bit of excitement" was way too funny. That kid in the M3 that started to mess with Jim and weave through traffic probably got a nice lecture from the highway patrol and an expensive ticket. :spend: I thought Jim was toast but when I saw the CHP blow by me with lights on and then peel off to go after the M3 instead. I had a huge grin on my face. I told you this cruise was going to get interesting.

Dana...exciting was having the front row seat to watch you go sideways thru that corner right after we left Alice's...how was the "pucker factor" on that deal.

I made it from Half Moon Bay to Hollister in 75 minutes...somewhat expeditious :peelout:

Dana...exciting was having the front row seat to watch you go sideways thru that corner right after we left Alice's...how was the "pucker factor" on that deal.

I made it from Half Moon Bay to Hollister in 75 minutes...somewhat expeditious :peelout:

That was definitely high on the "pucker factor" as I had to change my shorts when I got home.

Jim,

Great meeting you and thanks again for setting this up. Great cruise route and a lot of great cars. I still can't quite get me head around the insanity of that Super Snake.

As for the M3 incident, let's just say that every time I think about it, I get a shot of adrenaline and am sooo thankful that I didn't get snagged. What a bummer that would have been to start the day.

So stupid of me. Needless to say I learned my lesson. That would have been a very expensive ticket.

Good meeting new people and good seeing familiar faces. Hopefully we'll cross path's again soon if not before the NorCal SAAC event at Infineon.

Cheers,

Jim

Archived