TEAM SHELBY FORUM

San Francisco Bay Area / Summer Kick-Off Cruise

SVT NAJA

OK, so Lake Tahoe is still snowed in and our plans are being rescheduled to September 10th... but the weather here in the SF Bay Area looks promising. Let's kick-off the Summer with a great local cruise. :superhero:

Our planned route is a 50 mile run from Saratoga (starting at 10am) to Half Moon Bay following Hwy 9 to Hwy 35, to Hwy 84 (stopping at Alice's for a short break) down to Hwy 1 and north to the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company http://www.hmbbrewingco.com/ at the harbor for lunch. This route has a great variety of curves, twisties, straightaways and elevation changes for spirited cruising. Post up if you're interested...

Jim

Here are some video links to the above cruise route:

List of Team Shelby cruisers:

1. SVT NAJA - Concord

2. idrathergolf - Fremont

3. Cali_KR - SF Bay Area

4. AstroDan - Suisun City

5. SicShelby - Central Valley Shelby still in the shop

6. Riley77 - SF Bay Area

7. 07 GT500 - San Jose

8. me32 - Fairfield

9. Mustang GT - SF Bay Area

10. Dubstang - East Bay

11. Bad500Chris - Vacaville

12. 07GT500 - Solano

Jim....

Before you told me about this a few of us decided on Ponies and Snakes show on Sunday. That means lots of cleaning Sat. night. I am working on it and will keep you posted....

Aggie

Put me down, pending of the course that I have my car to go driving in, just like with the Tahoe cruise. Still waiting on it.

Oh and Jim, don't listen to Dan. Michelin owns the second mortgage on his house. :o

Jim....

Before you told me about this a few of us decided on Ponies and Snakes show on Sunday. That means lots of cleaning Sat. night. I am working on it and will keep you posted....

Aggie

Aggie,

We did this cruise once before (remember those flashing red lights that were following you?) and we were back in the East Bay by 4pm or so. Hope you can make it!

Jim

Put me down, pending of the course that I have my car to go driving in, just like with the Tahoe cruise. Still waiting on it.

Oh and Jim, don't listen to Dan. Michelin owns the second mortgage on his house. :o

Gabe,

It sounded like Ford stepped-up and was fixing your 5.4L Al lubricant problem. Hopefully, they'll come thru in time. I'll post you up...

Frankly, on the 2nd - I think it's a tie between Michelin and SAI. :lol:

Aggie,

We did this cruise once before (remember those flashing red lights that were following you?) and we were back in the East Bay by 4pm or so. Hope you can make it!

Jim

Hahahaha...... Thanks for reminding me...... :redcard:

OK, so here is some info on where we'll be meeting in Saratoga on June 25th. Let's plan on arriving around 9:30am and we'll head out just after 10:00am.

14400 Big Basin Way, Saratoga 95070 (behind the 76 Gas Station) There's a Starbucks across the street!

Here are the Google satellite and street view images of this location:

http://maps.google.c...8,0.002401&z=19

http://maps.google.c...=12,264.15,,0,5

You can zoom and pan left / right using the controls.

Tom,

I thought you'd be filing a surf report by now... happy%20feet.gif

I'll post you up! See ya on the 25th.

Jim

Jim,

Just hiked the Makapu'u trail at Barbers Pt. lighthouse...the trade winds are blowing and the surf is churning...off to play in the water...

Jim,

Just hiked the Makapu'u trail at Barbers Pt. lighthouse...the trade winds are blowing and the surf is churning...off to play in the water...

That's just not right... Haha have fun. Sorry the Cup is staying south.

OK, so Lake Tahoe is still snowed in and our plans are being rescheduled to September 10th... but the weather here in the SF Bay Area looks promising. Let's kick-off the Summer with a great local cruise. :superhero:

Our planned route is a 50 mile run from Saratoga (starting at 10am) to Half Moon Bay following Hwy 9 to Hwy 35, to Hwy 84 (stopping at Alice's for a short break) down to Hwy 1 and north to the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company http://www.hmbbrewingco.com/ at the harbor for lunch. This route has a great variety of curves, twisties, straightaways and elevation changes for spirited cruising. Post up if you're interested...

Jim

Here are some video links to the above cruise route:

List of Team Shelby cruisers:

1. SVT NAJA - Concord

2. idrathergolf - Fremont

3. Cali_KR - SF Bay Area

4. AstroDan - Suisun City

5. SicShelby - Central Valley

Reminder bump....

Riley77,

I received your PM. Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see your new Super Snake fresh from SAI Vegas. We'll be in Saratoga about 9:30am to catch a Starbucks fix. See directions above.

Jim

PS: Anybody else coming? I'd like to give the Half Moon Bay Brewing Co. a head count tomorrow afternoon.

Riley77,

I received your PM. Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see your new Super Snake fresh from SAI Vegas. We'll be in Saratoga about 9:30am to catch a Starbucks fix. See directions above.

Jim

PS: Anybody else coming? I'd like to give the Half Moon Bay Brewing Co. a head count tomorrow afternoon.

Jim...

Sorry, doesn't look like we are going to make it... :banghead:

We are having a car cleaning party..... :finger:

Riley77,

Jim

Jim

I've got one more car coming, (07 GT500) got some other feelers out...

Tom

Aggie,

I'll stop by on Sunday to visit... before you get 1st Place! happy%20feet.gif

Awesome.... would love to see you. This is a judged show so I'm going for it. I like this kind of challenge..... So we'll see......

That would be wonderful, since I don't drink coffee in the pony...

:D

(wondering if i should bring a guitar...)

Dan,

Do you know where the Starbucks is across from the old Sheraton on Concord Avenue? If that works, I'll be there at 7:45am.

Guitar wise... I'll bring some Van Halen along. happy%20feet.gif

Archived