TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why no '50th' badging?

John Canfield

After just getting back from Carlisle, and reading some of the postings about the show for next year there seems to be a lot of excitement for the 50th Anniv. of Shelby American.

That said, I'm wondering why there hasn't been '50th' Anniv. badging on either post title cars or GT500s to celebrate that first car (1962 AC Cobra) since cars currently in production are 2012 year model cars? With the heavy emphasis on the 40th edition GT500s, and 45 edition GT-350s, this is something that all of the SA cars can share in, or am I wrong?

The previous anniversary models were Mustang milestones...it would be nice to see something to mark '62 but some people might get confused...2014 will be the Mustang 50th.

After just getting back from Carlisle, and reading some of the postings about the show for next year there seems to be a lot of excitement for the 50th Anniv. of Shelby American.

That said, I'm wondering why there hasn't been '50th' Anniv. badging on either post title cars or GT500s to celebrate that first car (1962 AC Cobra) since cars currently in production are 2012 year model cars? With the heavy emphasis on the 40th edition GT500s, and 45 edition GT-350s, this is something that all of the SA cars can share in, or am I wrong?

This Shelby has 50th Anniv badging all over it............

http://www.shelbyautos.com/50thcobra.asp

Steve

There is a 50th commemeration...

(50) built units of the 50th anniversary Cobra...Available in aluminum or fiberfglass. I believe they are ALL accounted for already? Roger could chime in on this.

I understand the Cobra and know about the Anniv. cars, but my point is that this is the 50th Anniv. of Shelby American, the creator of all of these products. Ford did do 100th Anniv. editions of a number of their cars, while none of those car models were actually around 100 years ago. This just seemed like an important number to me, and should get some recognition. Members here are obviously aware of the year upcoming, with the 2012 Carlisle event already a source of conversation, just throwing it out there for those who care about such things.

There is also the 40th for the 2006 Shelby GT-H ..... 1966 --- 2006

There is a 50th commemeration...

(50) built units of the 50th anniversary Cobra...Available in aluminum or fiberfglass. I believe they are ALL accounted for already? Roger could chime in on this.

I recently talked to an authorized dealer..........you can still get a 50th. happy%20feet.gif

Why would you want 50th Anniversary of the 1962 Cobra on a Shelby GT 500 Mustang? :headscratch: You have to wait until 2015 for the 50th Anniversary of the Shelby GT 350 and 2017 for the 50th Anniversary of the GT 500.

Because it's the Anniversary of Shelby American, and the beginning of a legend that has grown in size and depth to a point no one could have imagined 50 years ago. Yes, it started with the Cobra, but became so much more with the Daytona Coupe, GT40, GT350, GT500, GT500KR, Europa, de Mexico cars, Dodges, Series 1s and on and on. It's not the recognition of a single car or model, but of a piece of automotive history that is still in the making.

Robert, it was good to see you at the Carlisle show, and I do hope that TS will bring a trailer of items for sale next year for those of us that want to peruse the goodies up for grabs, especially if it's SA 50th stuff. My point about 2012, it that those model year cars are now out for sale with no recognition/badging of such. I'm wondering if that will be retroactive for those that are already out on the roads.

Archived