TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Poll for GT500 Owners - How many miles?

GT500 Owners - How many miles so far?  

990 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you put on per month?

• Less than 100 miles per month
    • 100 to 200 miles per month
    • 200 to 500 miles per month
    • 500 to 750 miles per month
    • 750 to 1000 miles per month
    • More than 1000 miles per month
  2. 2. What is your total mileage?

• Less than 200 miles?
    • 200 to 500 miles?
    • 500 to 1000 miles?
    • 1000 to 2500 miles?
    • 2500 to 5000 miles?
    • Over 5000 miles?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my '08 (Black Clearcoat with Alloy Stripes with 18 miles) on 5-31-08 and was pushed into a guard rail 2-20-09 by a red Dodge 1500 Ram who never stopped and has not been caught - yet. I bought my '09 (Vapor Clearcoat Metallic with Ebony stripes) the same day. I had just ordered the Evolution Performance stage 3, a dual high pass capacity heat exchanger, and a pulley puller installer tool. Had to call Evolution to change the year model to 2009 for the Custom Tuned SCT X3. Anyway...........

I had a total of 2975 miles on the '08 averaging 342 miles per month. The car was broke in perfectly with no problems. I think it only wheel hopped twice and that was my fault for improper take off. It had a little clutch chatter for the first 200 miles and I believe good technique smoothed it out to run perfectly. It was strong and beautiful! (no I am not shedding a tear) I was ready to start upgrading when this crime occured.

I will take my time and break the '09 in as good as I can and put the stage 3 parts on. It has 290 miles on it now and is very strong and the clutch feels wonderful - I think it has the newest clutch on it you can get - hopefully no problems. Even my fiancee says the clutch feels better. I could make a long story longer but I think that is enough. This is going to be one bad Shelby! I can feel it!

Those are my miles!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just Hit 82,000 miles on my 2007 GT500 SVT#12!

Also had the Clutch Tranny TSB done and with 3k miles on that change thus far it is great!

MSB Mustang / Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got mine last month 4/4 from MM. Drove her home ~700 miles and now I have 1300 miles on it. Clutch shuddered for about 500 miles now its smooth as silk. Weather is getting better now so I hope to rack up some more miles soon.

Update: 10/26/09 4000 miles and no problems with the clutch yet. Probably get lots of garage time now that winter is almost here. Its been a fun summer thats for sure!

Edited by INDYSTANG_GT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please help out. This is for a special project.

Thanks,

John

I got my GT500 Convertible on 23rd May 2009 (almost a month now) and have over 1,200 miles on her. I love the fact that I get to drive her all the time, and even miss driving her on those larger family outings when I am required to use my '07 Expedition EL Limited. Nothing puts that stupid grin on my face more then when I'm behind the wheel of my Shelby. Go FORD!

- BORG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
100 km = about 60 miles.

6 months of snow since I picked up the car Sept/06.

Whoa..I know its tough, but a hanging ladder next to my 500? More probability of damage than a parking lot. Also, back that @$$ up. I like to at least have a few beers and stare at mine for a few hrs before going inside to make love to my "shelby". But then again, the rear looks awesome too. Life is too good. Enjoy

talk about a fluke ..... opened this site and the Shelby gods took me to my old post by accident

Long story .... but MY car now has 26123 miles on it ~! :happy feet: :happy feet:

5600 miles and loving it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...