TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Poll for GT500 Owners - How many miles?

GT500 Owners - How many miles so far?  

990 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you put on per month?

• Less than 100 miles per month
    • 100 to 200 miles per month
    • 200 to 500 miles per month
    • 500 to 750 miles per month
    • 750 to 1000 miles per month
    • More than 1000 miles per month
  2. 2. What is your total mileage?

• Less than 200 miles?
    • 200 to 500 miles?
    • 500 to 1000 miles?
    • 1000 to 2500 miles?
    • 2500 to 5000 miles?
    • Over 5000 miles?

I bought my Shelby expecting it to be an investment. That is not the case at all as i will never sell the car and neither will my kids. I drive it everyday. I drive it when i'm bored. I hand wax it three times a week. I have had it for a couple months and I've put 10 thousand miles on it. I drive it in all weather as it is easier to do donuts in the rain. Im sorry if you only drive your car one day a week but this car is the most fun car I have ever driven and it is meant to be driven. I cherish and enjoy every mile passed and the only regret i will ever have is if I reach my destination without breaking more than several laws. When she becomes old and worn out i will restore her by hand exactly like she was when i sat in her at the dealership. A lot of you owners worry about the future and worry that you will regret putting so many miles on it when it comes time to sell it or whatever. I believe that you will in fact regret not put more miles on it and not driving it like you stole it and it will be an opportunity missed to enjoy the last Shelby most likely ever to see the production line

I agree with you totally!! Last month my wife and I drove from Kansas to California and stopped at the Shelby plant in Vegas with it. The whole trip was about 2800 miles and it was awesome. People stop you just to see the car. If you don't drive your car, you are really missing out because this is the best Mustang that Ford and Shelby has every done.

4500 miles now on the coupe. Just took it OFFROADING again...three times in fact today at the local track. I was rather annoyed with myself. Inside of my car is filled with dirt and dust :jackinbox:

We love OUR car!!!

We got it in January and living in NH we had it flatbedded from dealer to garage and could not wait until spring (and decent road conditions) to take her out.

LONG winter here, we'd sit in her and crank the radio and "pretend" we were cruising!

Since April we have put about 1200 miles on her. We only drive her in good weather, but we drive her whenever we can. Hubby and I argue over who's turn it is to take her to work on nice days. She is such a joy to drive. I have cherished every moment and every mile in her. She is an awesome car and I will NEVER sell her. I have had so much fun seeing how people react to her and have enjoyed the excitement others get just seeing her going by or being able to walk over and look closer when she is parked. I also enjoy the looks on most folks faces when they catch me and realize this "girl" is behind the wheel. NO tickets YET - not for lack of trying. Young adult children really want to get behind the wheel and so far they have NOT- but they love telling their friends that MOM can leave thm in the dust!! Younger daughter and grandson LOVE getting a ride to school in her and seeing thier friends drool. I agree, if you are not out riding in this beast than you are missing out on many miles of pleasure!post-20187-1215800013.jpg

post-20187-1215800013.jpg

Please help out. This is for a special project.

Thanks,

John

Purchased my '08 GT500 Coupe on April 21, 2008 with 57 miles on it, sold as 'used' to me (the car was 'won' in a raffle at the D.C. Auto show in January of this year, and believe it or not the woman who won it didn't want it; go figure! ;) The 57 miles came from the owner of Apple Ford driving it down to the show, or at least that's the story I was told by the sales critter. I know they weren't letting people test drive the Shelbys, since when I asked to they said, 'you can return it if you don't like it, but you can't drive it until you buy it'. Just turned 1,984.5 when dropping off on July 21 for color matching valence sides on the rear bumper cap, and getting the last of the Red Pkg. installed, the Shelby trunk letters, ala, 'old style' centered on trunk lid. I drive this car, not daily because I have another daily driver, an '07 Acura RL (which is alot like driving my couch compared to the GT500), and the Acura is no slouch either with 300HP and SH-AWD. ;) I absolutely love driving my GT500. Not concerned with collectability or re-sale; since this little Red headed bad girl will be with me until I die, and then one of my lucky nieces or nephews will have it. There's a cross country, MD to CA, in the not so distant future too. Straight shot out I-70, to Denver, and then a slight vear north to I-80. ~3,000 miles of shear bliss!!!!! Moving back to the 'Bay area soon.

10.2 Miles!! And staying that way

Dude or dudette, take the car out of the shrink wrap, put the wheels back on, hook up the battery, get in the car and start it; now take a ride up to Estes or something, and have some fun with it, damn it! You know... the blower will rust and sieze if you don't use it, I heard at least 50 miles every 6 months is REQUIRED to avoid that! ;) Carroll asked me to tell you that it's not a f:censored:ing mausoleum, it's built to be driven. At least IMHO, that is. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i got my 2007 shelby on december 2006,an early car! i have just 2000 km which is about 1300 miles.

i just love the car but my other cars must be shared or they get jealous :hysterical:

i put low miles on all my cars because i have 4 but at least i drive them all!

i am so happy i got the black with tungsten stripes and red/black interior,i have yet to run into one just like mine in the greater toronto area.i have seen many of the other color combos and convertibles and sorry but the black just looks the meanest and the sweetest! i really think the black with red stripes look sweet too and the red with black stripes is a sweety too!

Note---i saw the new challenger about a dozen times and boy let me tell you guys,i am so happy i got the shelby.

the new challenger has automatic only,too bulky looking,over sized tires and rims and no posi rear end.plus a lot less ponies under the hood,oops forgot to mention,cheap interior and 3 color choices :hysterical: .

dont get me wrong i like challengers too but i am very dissapointed with dodges 2008 challenger!

Edited by kincobra

• 3 weeks later...
I love you guys who have alot of driving miles on your cars. That tells me you are enjoying your car, not just a garage queen. I want to pull the trigger, and get in that club. Only have 98 miles on it, and hate to break 100 miles. Its a problem I need to get over so that I may enjoy my car also. Its cold in the Midwest, so I dont feel to guilty now.

Cooper- I share your problem- No driving in the rain on 3 nice cars. Sometimes I am not sure what I paid for or why I tease myself. I need to be liberated from self imposed imprisonment.

Well, it is now 16 months old and the Torch Red w/white has 1386 fun miles. I keep thinking I will drive her more but only take it out on nice days. Every time I take her out, it is a blast. I guess that is what makes it so much fun.

Picked it up Nov 30/07 and promptly parked it in the garage for the rest of winter. :cry: Luckily we get Chinooks out up here in Calgary, so I snuck in a few rides in Feb and Mar :happy feet: , but really didn't get to drive it until May (too much crap on the roads). I now have just over 3400 miles on it in 4 months and loving every minute of it. Best looking car in the parkade at work! :drool: Mine is definately a driver! :shift: