TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Poll for GT500 Owners - How many miles?

GT500 Owners - How many miles so far?  

990 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you put on per month?

• Less than 100 miles per month
    • 100 to 200 miles per month
    • 200 to 500 miles per month
    • 500 to 750 miles per month
    • 750 to 1000 miles per month
    • More than 1000 miles per month
  2. 2. What is your total mileage?

• Less than 200 miles?
    • 200 to 500 miles?
    • 500 to 1000 miles?
    • 1000 to 2500 miles?
    • 2500 to 5000 miles?
    • Over 5000 miles?

Got mine Sept 06 (Red w/white stripes) - 2,300 miles on her. Had her up to 120 on I-75 a couple of times. Lots of fun. No tickets yet (knock on wood). Driven only on nice days and to car shows with my hubby and his 69 Boss. LOVE IT!

post-3051-1208287702_thumb.jpg

You're in the right State for that. My ultimate car - the 69 BOSS 429.

I've seen a few - all were in the 100-150 range. Can't afford that yet. (in addition to this one).

Good luck with them.

Have 4000 miles over 20 months. ( Sept 06) It hasn't seen rain yet !!! Only nice days hit it .

Edited by MustangsRule

Update:

I'm up to 2200 miles and will be adding another 600 on in the next week. I've had my car since mid January.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2007 GT500 > I have had it since 1/26/07 and I have 1278 miles. The car is at Shelby in Vegas for the 725HP super snake. In three weeks I'll be one happy car guy. I'll be #58.

It is done and fast. Had it put on the dyno on Monday and I'm putting down 617HP to rear wheels.

supersnake@embarqmail.compost-19558-1209612019.jpg

post-19558-1209612019.jpg

Edited by bernie

I took delivery 3-8-07 and now have 3,970 miles on her. Pacific NW weather and some tranny problems have disrupted my seat time.

I hope to put on some make up miles this spring and summer.

The last time I saw mine, as it was going under the cover and into a friends garage, the odometer read 5,495 miles...

While I haven't asked him for an update, he does drive my car about once a month... so I'm guessing another 200 miles have been added since last June.

Approximately 5700.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up 3/3/08. Currently has 1603 miles - including a 700+ mile trip to Motorsports Ranch, as well as a few slow laps at Memphis Motorsports Park (147 on the front straight, from a 10 MPH roll - not in a position to do full laps), and a few at Mid America Motorplex (1:54 lap times, poking around - but the Vipers and Z06's couldn't catch me ;) ). She was trailered to MMP and MAM, but driven to MSR.

I bought my Shelby expecting it to be an investment. That is not the case at all as i will never sell the car and neither will my kids. I drive it everyday. I drive it when i'm bored. I hand wax it three times a week. I have had it for a couple months and I've put 10 thousand miles on it. I drive it in all weather as it is easier to do donuts in the rain. Im sorry if you only drive your car one day a week but this car is the most fun car I have ever driven and it is meant to be driven. I cherish and enjoy every mile passed and the only regret i will ever have is if I reach my destination without breaking more than several laws. When she becomes old and worn out i will restore her by hand exactly like she was when i sat in her at the dealership. A lot of you owners worry about the future and worry that you will regret putting so many miles on it when it comes time to sell it or whatever. I believe that you will in fact regret not put more miles on it and not driving it like you stole it and it will be an opportunity missed to enjoy the last Shelby most likely ever to see the production line

I bought my Shelby expecting it to be an investment. That is not the case at all as i will never sell the car and neither will my kids. I drive it everyday. I drive it when i'm bored. I hand wax it three times a week. I have had it for a couple months and I've put 10 thousand miles on it. I drive it in all weather as it is easier to do donuts in the rain. Im sorry if you only drive your car one day a week but this car is the most fun car I have ever driven and it is meant to be driven. I cherish and enjoy every mile passed and the only regret i will ever have is if I reach my destination without breaking more than several laws. When she becomes old and worn out i will restore her by hand exactly like she was when i sat in her at the dealership. A lot of you owners worry about the future and worry that you will regret putting so many miles on it when it comes time to sell it or whatever. I believe that you will in fact regret not put more miles on it and not driving it like you stole it and it will be an opportunity missed to enjoy the last Shelby most likely ever to see the production line

Well Said!!! I drive mine everyday because I don't have a choice, but I do not regret it whatsoever. Most fun you can have with your pants on! Yes, even better than a BlackHawk.....but only by a little.

I purchased mine 1/23/08 and i have 1340 on it right now. There was nasty weather here near virginia beach for jan through first few weeks of may (lots of rain). It was 100 or so today with prob 95-100 percent humidity today so it looks like she will be out a lot soon. Tomorrow is the me and the wife's 1 year anniversary so it'll be out on the strip in va beach for some fun this week.

post-20427-1212899167.jpg

post-20427-1212899167.jpg