TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Poll for GT500 Owners - How many miles?

GT500 Owners - How many miles so far?  

990 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you put on per month?

• Less than 100 miles per month
    • 100 to 200 miles per month
    • 200 to 500 miles per month
    • 500 to 750 miles per month
    • 750 to 1000 miles per month
    • More than 1000 miles per month
  2. 2. What is your total mileage?

• Less than 200 miles?
    • 200 to 500 miles?
    • 500 to 1000 miles?
    • 1000 to 2500 miles?
    • 2500 to 5000 miles?
    • Over 5000 miles?

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

Shelby-0308-New-Wheels.jpg

Was on #1 on the list for a vert, second one that arrived was my color choice. (There was no ordering a car, you got what came in, and how it was equipped, which with the vert, came bare, couldn't even get a Shaker 1000 system, much less nav)

Received my vert Oct of 2006 after dealer added painted Lemans stripes, TSB at 13k miles resulted in all new flywheel, clutch assy and tranny ($11K, warranty), warranty for new headlight bezels. Warranty for new Shaker 500 head.

Just turned 22k miles and still a fantastic automobile and still turns heads in parking lots and usually someone waiting at the car at the grocery store to talk about it.

Even with the huge blunder of the Clutch TSB and the way Ford let the dealers handle it, I'm very satisfied. My selling dealer did the TSB and I have another dealer closer that I take the car to for service that is an excellent service center.

Sorry to say, the selling dealership was imploded by Fords down sizing of a few months back. South Plains Ford up in Slaton TX will be greatly missed.

If you want a good dealer, Sewell Ford in Odessa has been great. Andrew runs the show there and is great to do business with. My family has been for 15 years.

Edited by TexasShelby

We have a '09 that we purchased new from a Ford dealer on April 3 that had just a tad over 100 miles on the clock. Two days later we packed the bags and went on a 1800 mile road trip to the Smokey Mountains with the car. It now has 2200 miles on it and we pretty much just drive it on nice days or when I feel the urge to let off some steam, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please help out. This is for a special project.

Thanks,

John

Purchased May 2008. Driven each year from May to the end of October. Never been in the rain. 13,900 miles.

I bought this car to drive and that's what I do. I can't see having one of these cars just to let it sit, just to look at it.

Some folks here have tons of mods listed in their signitures with only a few hundred miles on the clock, why?

Oh well, to each his own, I guess I will never understand.

• 2 weeks later...

22,000 on my '07 Coupe & 8,900 on my wife's '08 Vert.

No real issues with either car -- other than me smacking the wall in my '07 at Barber's during the MCA 45th Anniversary weekend last year...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i bought it last month on the 13th. it has about 17600 miles on it. im sitting around 18500 now. i did take it on a road trip for work though. all in all i didnt buy the car for a garage queen. she will sit most of the winter and any time the roads are wet. other than that im going to drive the dog piss outta her. i dont think cars like this were made it sit and rot. im gonna enjoy her

Purchased our '09 back in April of this year off the dealers showroom. Had 103 miles on it, now with winter and dreaded salt headed soon, it has now over 9300. I'm hoping to get it to 10k before it's time to cover it up for the winter. It is have been fun, a trip down to Tennessee with it and tryin g to drive it everytime the wether is nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...