TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H, 2007 GT500, 2007 Shelby GT Homecoming

robertlane

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in as well. And since I'm getting the 40th package - I'm hoping to schedule both events together in some fashion. Rather than just shipping my GT500 to LV, I could tow a trailer myself and make this into a very interesting vacation - with Flat Rock as a layover. How cool is that? Let us know the dates ASAP so I know what to ask for when John Walker & co. call to schedule. This is great.

post-7031-1176591785_thumb.jpg

post-7031-1176591804_thumb.jpg

post-7031-1176591833_thumb.jpg

post-7031-1176591785_thumb.jpg

post-7031-1176591804_thumb.jpg

post-7031-1176591833_thumb.jpg

I am posting this a little prematurely because I want to get some feedback.

We are working on a Shelby GT-H, 2007 Shelby GT500 and 2007 Shelby GT homecoming at the AAI (Flat Rock) assembly plant. Here's what we are planning:

Each person will bring their Shelby and one guest to Henry Ford's house in Dearborn. We'll take a tour of Fair Lane and have lunch at his house after the tour.

From Fair Lane, we'll caravan all of the Shelbys to AAI and take a plant tour. After/during the tour, you'll get to meet some of the people who built your Shelby, etc. Some of the Ford employees will also be able to see the cars they built and their happy new owners :)

After speaking on a preliminary basis with Ford, this will occur on a Friday. . . .we have not yet established a date nor how many people will attend.

We are looking into other events for Saturday as well, but we're not ready to go into detail yet.

Who is interested in coming and what would you like to see and do? NOTE: We are NOT taking any sign-ups or reservations at this time.

Count me in on this one. that would be so cool to see where our cars started out.

Okay things are coming together. I will have some more answers soon. Ford is working with us, to work out all the details. I will know the amount of people and the date next week. Don't forget we are planning a two day event. Don't worry about Hotel I am talking to a few to get a group rate, so we can all stay at the same hotel. I will also be visiting the Hotels to look at the parking conditions.

Okay things are coming together. I will have some more answers early next week. Ford is working with us, to work out all the details. I will know the amount of people and the date next week. Don't forget we are planning a two day event. Don't worry about Hotel I am talking to a few to get a group rate, so we can all stay at the same hotel. I will also be visiting the Hotels to look at the parking conditions.

Not too many options in the Flat Rock area that I could find for lodging. Sounds like that area is mostly industrial. Thanks Sharon.

Sounds like you know something...spill the beans crispy boy. :hysterical2:

Ohhhh, no you don't! I know everything you guys know! They have been very upfront with the info since they wish to make it fun & exciting for everyone. That's why they even ask the opinions of punks like you! :hysterical:

Archived