TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H, 2007 GT500, 2007 Shelby GT Homecoming

robertlane

I am posting this a little prematurely because I want to get some feedback.

We are working on a Shelby GT-H, 2007 Shelby GT500 and 2007 Shelby GT homecoming at the AAI (Flat Rock) assembly plant. Here's what we are planning:

Each person will bring their Shelby and one guest to Henry Ford's house in Dearborn. We'll take a tour of Fair Lane and have lunch at his house after the tour.

From Fair Lane, we'll caravan all of the Shelbys to AAI and take a plant tour. After/during the tour, you'll get to meet some of the people who built your Shelby, etc. Some of the Ford employees will also be able to see the cars they built and their happy new owners :)

After speaking on a preliminary basis with Ford, this will occur on a Friday. . . .we have not yet established a date nor how many people will attend.

We are looking into other events for Saturday as well, but we're not ready to go into detail yet.

Who is interested in coming and what would you like to see and do? NOTE: We are NOT taking any sign-ups or reservations at this time.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are working on a Shelby GT-H, 2007 Shelby GT500 and 2007 Shelby GT homecoming at the AAI (Flat Rock) assembly plant. Here's what we are planning:

Each person will bring their Shelby and one guest to Henry Ford's house in Dearborn. We'll take a tour of Fair Lane and have lunch at his house after the tour.

From Fair Lane, we'll caravan all of the Shelbys to AAI and take a plant tour. After/during the tour, you'll get to meet some of the people who built your Shelby, etc. Some of the Ford employees will also be able to see the cars they built and their happy new owners :)

After speaking on a preliminary basis with Ford, this will occur on a Friday. . . .we have not yet established a date nor how many people will attend.

We are looking into other events for Saturday as well, but we're not ready to go into detail yet.

Who is interested in coming and what would you like to see and do? NOTE: We are NOT taking any sign-ups or reservations at this time.

Robert:

I'm a long way from there. Would a person have to have their car there to participate. I know it is probably the intent of the event to get as many of the cars together as possible, but with a 1,000 mile trip each way, it would be difficult to say the least to get away from the office for that amount of time.

However, I would love to fly in and participate in the event.

Thanks for the info,

HSURB

Sounds Great! Sign me up. Let me know if you need assistance.

Stuart

Robert:

I'm a long way from there. Would a person have to have their car there to participate. I know it is probably the intent of the event to get as many of the cars together as possible, but with a 1,000 mile trip each way, it would be difficult to say the least to get away from the office for that amount of time.

Thanks for the info,

HSURB

this is probably how I would like to participate also, if someone would allow me to ride with them

John

Robert, this would be excellent and I would definitely be in so long as it is not on one of my existing "out of town weekends" that I've already planned. With all the car shows in the early part of the summer, this may actually work better if it was scheduled late in summer.

As far as what to see and do (I know some of these are asking for a lot, but my dad always taught me to think big :hysterical: ":

1) Access to some of the Ford engineers, with a Q&A about some of the cars' key features/design elements

2) A tour of Ford's tech center (not sure if it's close enough)

3) Any way to drive on their test pad?

4) Reserve a local establishment for dinner one night...all Mustangs in the parking lot.

5) Tech seminars? Maybe on the Ford EEC?

6) A presentation from Ford about "what's next". I know they can't divulge all info, but maybe a few teasers or some minor changes planned for '08 cars.

7) Carrol Shelby in person?

Thanks for the heads up!

Dave

I'm in.

Thanks.

bj

I want to do this. This is what I had hoped would have happened on the one year anniversary mid america reunion. I would put all plans aside to attend this event with my Shelby. If a group is established to work on this function I would like to volunteer my time to help out. My suggestion would be to do it in the summer and plan on a large outdoor BBQ with the Shelby owners, production line employee's that built our Shelby's, and engineers that designed these Shelby's. Also having the man Mr Shelby present would be awesome. Please keep me posted.

I am in. I had a tour of the Romeo engine plant where our engines are built once and thought that was pretty cool. I would not mind doing that and getting a pic with the people that assembled my engine.

Count me in Robert. When I last talked to Ralph he was interested in coming to any gathering of GT500's & he said he would post a notice at the AAI plant for all employees to read, so they could come also if they wanted to. If you need ANY help, just let me know, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Robert:

Thanks for the info,

HSURB

Robert,

Awesome idea! I have the same problem as HSURB and would also fly out for the event.

Ken

Count me in!....Summer months i hope?

Archived