TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H, 2007 GT500, 2007 Shelby GT Homecoming

robertlane

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am posting this a little prematurely because I want to get some feedback.

We are working on a Shelby GT-H, 2007 Shelby GT500 and 2007 Shelby GT homecoming at the AAI (Flat Rock) assembly plant. Here's what we are planning:

Each person will bring their Shelby and one guest to Henry Ford's house in Dearborn. We'll take a tour of Fair Lane and have lunch at his house after the tour.

From Fair Lane, we'll caravan all of the Shelbys to AAI and take a plant tour. After/during the tour, you'll get to meet some of the people who built your Shelby, etc. Some of the Ford employees will also be able to see the cars they built and their happy new owners :)

After speaking on a preliminary basis with Ford, this will occur on a Friday. . . .we have not yet established a date nor how many people will attend.

We are looking into other events for Saturday as well, but we're not ready to go into detail yet.

Who is interested in coming and what would you like to see and do? NOTE: We are NOT taking any sign-ups or reservations at this time.

Robert---we are definately very interested!!

Sounds like fun!

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Judy

Robert, I live just over an hour and a half from Flat Rock and would definately be interested in this event. (Depending on date and weather) I was in Dearborn last summer when the GT-40 owners held their get-together. All I can say about that is WOW!!!!! All of those GT-40's in one spot!!!! This year people will be saying.......WOW!!!! All of those Shelby GT500 Mustangs in one spot!!!!! Can't Wait!!!!!

Robert, I live just over an hour and a half from Flat Rock and would definately be interested in this event. (Depending on date and weather) I was in Dearborn last summer when the GT-40 owners held their get-together. All I can say about that is WOW!!!!! All of those GT-40's in one spot!!!! This year people will be saying.......WOW!!!! All of those Shelby GT500 Mustangs in one spot!!!!! Can't Wait!!!!!

That's the idea - to bring back as many GT500's to AAI as possible. I will try my very best to get Ford to let us bring as many many 2006-2007 Shelbys / owners to the event as possible.

This is a great idea. It's a long drive from where I live but if the date is known some time in advance, I would definitely be interested. As some others said, being able to meet Caroll Shelby at the event would be great if that's possible.

Eric

Robert, Let us know if we can Help at all, this sounds cool. I can put a link on our site as well.

Please email Jim Owens formally of Ford marketing, now with Shelby Based in detroit. he is Jimo@shelbyautos.com

Amy

Robert, Let us know if we can Help at all, this sounds cool. I can put a link on our site as well.

Please email Jim Owens formally of Ford marketing, now with Shelby Based in detroit. he is Jimo@shelbyautos.com

Amy

Excellent. I think we'll have more people at this event than originally planned. I'll see you all in New York for the GT500KR unveiling.

Excellent. I think we'll have more people at this event than originally planned. I'll see you all in New York for the GT500KR unveiling.

Will you be there on Monday? ;-)

How about anyone who will be at NYIAS on Monday meet at the KR at 12 noon and at 3 pm???

-Dan

Will you be there on Monday? ;-)

How about anyone who will be at NYIAS on Monday meet at the KR at 12 noon and at 3 pm???

-Dan

Robert will be their today, I dropped him off at the airport first thing this morning.

Robert will be their today, I dropped him off at the airport first thing this morning.

The introduction of the KR in tomorrow at 10.40 am. Robert said he would try to get up the video as soon as he could.

I am working with Ford and Amy has offered to help. We are still trying to work out the details. I know that I am shotting for July or August. The Tour will most likely be on a Friday afternoon. This is all I know right know. My first goal is to nail down a specific date. So everyone can put it on their calender. Then I will work out the details of the weekend.

I am working with Ford and Amy has offered to help. We are still trying to work out the details. I know that I am shotting for July or August. The Tour will most likely be on a Friday afternoon. This is all I know right know. My first goal is to nail down a specific date. So everyone can put it on their calender. Then I will work out the details of the weekend.

Sharon... Please try to avoid these two weekends in August because of so many race fans coming to (MIS) Michigan International Speedway for the Nascar & Indy Car races. The hotels/motels will be packed with race fans from out of town & some members that drive in will have a very hard time finding rooms.

August 4th & 5th (Sat & Sun) (Indy Car)

August 17th, 18th & 19th (Fri, Sat, Sun) (Nascar)

Sharon... Please try to avoid these two weekends in August because of so many race fans coming to (MIS) Michigan International Speedway for the Nascar & Indy Car races. The hotels/motels will be packed with race fans from out of town & some members that drive in will have a very hard time finding rooms.

Good point! The Fun Ford Weekend schedule also hits Aug 17-19.

Thanks for the info I will do my very best to avoid these weekends. I am writing them in my date book so I don't forget.

Thanks for the info I will do my very best to avoid these weekends. I am writing them in my date book so I don't forget.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say we are not making a list yet of people. I am not sure how many people Ford will let us bring. I am pushing for the Max. I will announce when and how you can sign up when I get the final date. But for right now I will not be taking any names. Sorry, when I know you will know.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say we are not making a list yet of people. I am not sure how many people Ford will let us bring. I am pushing for the Max. I will announce when and how you can sign up when I get the final date. But for right now I will not be taking any names. Sorry, when I know you will know.

Sharon.... Is it possible to see if we can could tour the Romeo Niche-Line Engine Assembly plant if we can't tour the AAI plant?

Sharon.... Is it possible to see if we can could tour the Romeo Niche-Line Engine Assembly plant if we can't tour the AAI plant?

I have got that one in mind. I will see what I can do, would be cool if we could do both.

Oh no....that pushes sharon towards possibly July....I was planning to be in North Carolina July 21st-28th. :banghead:

If it ends up being one of those two weekends in July, I feel a change in plans coming on, although my wife doesn't know it yet. :spiteful: I need to make massive deposits to the emotional bank for this one. :drop:

RUF and Bill, you guys may have to come north.

Dave

Archived