TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dissapointing

The real truth is- you shouldn't be street racing anyway. It doesn't sound like you're an experienced racer, and you have no idea of what the other guy's drivng skils are either. It's got all the makings of a tragedy, especially with high HP cars. The thing that makes this so dangerous is how adrenaline effects reflexes and vision. People who don't have experience handling the effects of adrenaline are a danger to themselves and others. The stress and excitment of racing almost guarantees that you'll mash the gas pedal down instead of properly applying the power

Ok didn't you start this thread because you were "disappointed" with your BMW drag race results?

And then you talked about not being able to hook up.

And now you're saying that people SHOULDN'T street race and that the excitement stress and adrenaline will cause someone to "mash the gas pedal down instead of properly applying the power."

Ummm what the hell are you saying dude?

Yeah I agree you shouldn't be street racing.

Yeah I agree that you hit the gas too hard causing your wheelspin... but if you already KNEW all of this then why did you:

A. Street Race

B. Hit the gas too hard and spin

C. Start this thread boo hooing about getting rid of your KR because some kid in a BMW made you feel like you weren't the end all be all on the road???

I've never read so much whining from someone about driving a badass car!!

Either enjoy the car and stop your damn whining OR sell the car and get one you're happy with!!

Scotty, it's when the tires don't spin and it really hooks when you'll break soomething. I think it's fantastic that I've got enough HP to spin the tires at will. Anyway, you've got a KR. It's still a car that magazines compare alot of the newer Mustangs against. I think that says alot.

I knew someone would come up with that comment. It wasnt about me. He didnt beat me. I just couldnt believe ater Shelby puts an $87,000 sticker on this car they couldnt even make the car hook up. I mean give me a break. My dream is a Ford GT and it will happen one day. Hook up or not.

I beg to differ. It WAS all about you. He beat you, NOT the car.

The biggest improved mod to these cars is the "driver mod". Put a good driver behind the wheel and the KR will turn a 12.0 on stock tires.

Again, this is not meant as a flame but it's really the truth.

Ok didn't you start this thread because you were "disappointed" with your BMW drag race results?

And then you talked about not being able to hook up.

And now you're saying that people SHOULDN'T street race and that the excitement stress and adrenaline will cause someone to "mash the gas pedal down instead of properly applying the power."

Ummm what the hell are you saying dude?

Yeah I agree you shouldn't be street racing.

Yeah I agree that you hit the gas too hard causing your wheelspin... but if you already KNEW all of this then why did you:

A. Street Race

B. Hit the gas too hard and spin

C. Start this thread boo hooing about getting rid of your KR because some kid in a BMW made you feel like you weren't the end all be all on the road???

I've never read so much whining from someone about driving a badass car!!

Either enjoy the car and stop your damn whining OR sell the car and get one you're happy with!!

The post you quoted was mine and not the OP's. I made that comment over on the SS forum where he also posted for advice. So he quoted me over here but screwed up his reply post so that it's a little confusing as to who said what. If he drives as bad as he creates quoted replies then we know why he had so much trouble with the BMW. :hysterical:

There is one thing I've really noticed in the Shelby forums over the years and that is the love-hate relationship that exists with these cars. I've been guilty of it myself. But over the years I like to think I've gained a little perspective. We love these cars and then hate on them when they are not the ultimate driving machine.

The name SHELBY has grown to almost mythical proportions. And anything with that name attached to it we expect to be unbeatable on either the street or the track. Driving a Shelby the EGO is engaged big time! Far beyond what it would be if we were driving a mustang GT. I am a good driver, but having ZERO track experience. I would not be a good race driver. Just because I`m behind the wheel of a Shelby does not change that reality.

It is beyond foolish to let your EGO drive these cars. I`m at constant war with my ego when I drive my Shelby. I just want to rip up the streets and fill the air with smoke and burning rubber. But for the most part I confine that desire to a quiet stretch of road in the country; away from people, cars and police.

But I will open it up in the city, but it`s usually just a quick 2 second burst.

I`m pretty sure most of us bought the GT500 for it`s looks, performance and the SHELBY name. We wanted something beyond just a mustang. Let`s face it....you could mod a mustang GT into a car that`s every bit the performer (or even more so) as the GT500. But that GT will still never be a SHELBY.

Now add the KR name or Super Snake name behind the Shelby name and your ego just got another massive boost.

My GT500 turned heads everywhere I went and now that it`s a Super Snake it`s turning them even harder and faster! I took it to my 1st car show on the weekend and I just could not believe how people reacted to the car. It`s was almost like being a celebrity. I left the show a little early and had to drive past other cars and people walking around and I gave the car a little rev and the crowd cheered for more! So I revved it a couple more times and everyone loved it! No one cared if the car might have a bit of trouble hooking up, I`m sure 99% or them wouldn`t even know that. They just loved the look and the sound of the car.

This car, to me, is pure driving enjoyment. Don`t let some minor details ruin that for you. Just enjoy what few people will ever get to enjoy.

There is one thing I've really noticed in the Shelby forums over the years and that is the love-hate relationship that exists with these cars. I've been guilty of it myself. But over the years I like to think I've gained a little perspective. We love these cars and then hate on them when they are not the ultimate driving machine.

The name SHELBY has grown to almost mythical proportions. And anything with that name attached to it we expect to be unbeatable on either the street or the track. Driving a Shelby the EGO is engaged big time! Far beyond what it would be if we were driving a mustang GT. I am a good driver, but having ZERO track experience. I would not be a good race driver. Just because I`m behind the wheel of a Shelby does not change that reality.

It is beyond foolish to let your EGO drive these cars. I`m at constant war with my ego when I drive my Shelby. I just want to rip up the streets and fill the air with smoke and burning rubber. But for the most part I confine that desire to a quiet stretch of road in the country; away from people, cars and police.

But I will open it up in the city, but it`s usually just a quick 2 second burst.

I`m pretty sure most of us bought the GT500 for it`s looks, performance and the SHELBY name. We wanted something beyond just a mustang. Let`s face it....you could mod a mustang GT into a car that`s every bit the performer (or even more so) as the GT500. But that GT will still never be a SHELBY.

Now add the KR name or Super Snake name behind the Shelby name and your ego just got another massive boost.

My GT500 turned heads everywhere I went and now that it`s a Super Snake it`s turning them even harder and faster! I took it to my 1st car show on the weekend and I just could not believe how people reacted to the car. It`s was almost like being a celebrity. I left the show a little early and had to drive past other cars and people walking around and I gave the car a little rev and the crowd cheered for more! So I revved it a couple more times and everyone loved it! No one cared if the car might have a bit of trouble hooking up, I`m sure 99% or them wouldn`t even know that. They just loved the look and the sound of the car.

This car, to me, is pure driving enjoyment. Don`t let some minor details ruin that for you. Just enjoy what few people will ever get to enjoy.

Well said Whammer.

+11111111

Practice is a big part of driving these cars at high speeds. I took the car to a drag strip last fall and ran in Test and Tune just to get the feel of WOT without worrying about hitting another car or having the police nab me. I could tell from just two runs down the track that these cars require a lot of respect, I should not be experimenting on public roads, and that I need a lot more practice.

If you never raced on the track before tell them when get there. The people that ran the track that I went to were very understanding when I told them that I never did this before. They had me run both times without anyone in the other lane.

The post you quoted was mine and not the OP's. I made that comment over on the SS forum where he also posted for advice. So he quoted me over here but screwed up his reply post so that it's a little confusing as to who said what. If he drives as bad as he creates quoted replies then we know why he had so much trouble with the BMW. :hysterical:

AHHH it all becomes clear :)

Thanks... I thought the guy was on acid or something :hysterical:

Scotty,

You're really over reacting to all of this. There has been a great deal of support for you in many of the comments, so don't make it sound like everyone is attacking you.

You've got a great car but you seem unable to appreciate it.

Perhaps the best thing you could do is sell it to someone who could appreciate it.

You've got some real unrealistic expectations. You want to beat the young kid by 15 car lengths. That's completely unrealistic. In a drag race, 3 car lengths would be a huge margin of victory.

Scotty: This is the second time you have second guessed your desire to keep the KR. Maybe you should just sell it and get the car that just pushes all the right buttons for you.

I don't know what model BMW you were up against but if it was an M3 did you really think you could out run it by 15 car lengths?

I love the KR. I don't care for the 20" wheels on the SS. Too bling for me. The added 125 hp is just bragging rights. Anything over 600 hp is a waste and goes up in smoke without major rubber on the rear and proper launching technique. Even the 580 hp thats really put out by the KRs at the crank is hard to handle. The car stock is a rocket. For the street its more then powerful enough and fast enough.

The major performance difference between the SS and KR is the supercharger. Drop in a TVS or a Whipple and voila! More un-Godly power.

The SS is cool. The KR is the King of the Road. The KR is a wonderful balance between muscle, comfort and ride with a great muscular V8 rumble. The look of the KR is lower key and not as loud. It doesn't scream "hey look at me" like the SS. I love the 18" wheels on the KR. They are nicer and classier and allow the KR to keep that more classic look of the Shelby Mustangs from the 60's then the 20"s (too bling) but to each his own. Its a more "mature" look if you will. Thats MHO.

To me the baddest a$$ Shelby is not the one with the most brute power. Its a combination of power, ride, handling, overall performance, rarity and looks. When all those factors are factored in the KR comes out as the King of Road. Thats how I see it and have evaluated it. The exclusivity of being one of only a few truly pre-title Shelbys is the icing on the cake and IMHO will be huge in the future. They ain't make'n any more KRs. There done. They are still pumping out SS's however and will continue as long as new Mustangs are made and people still want more power then they can ever use on the street.

I'm willing to bet that with average drivers a KR will have an equal or better time to a SS apples to apples (equivilent drivers and stock set ups) from 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. If 510hp to the wheels is going to spin the tires that issue is multiplied even more so with 725hp.

I don't care about what "non car" enthusiasts notices or doesn't. I can tell you I routinely get thumbs up in the KR and admiring looks (the car not me) especially from people that know cars. Those that cant' tell a Porsche form a VW or a Mustang from a Camaro... who cares about what they think anyway? I am thinking of buying a GT3. Will most people see it as something special or different then the standard Carrrera. Nope. Do I care. Nope. I know what it is and so do those that know. You have the same issue with the Z06 or ZR1. Even an Aston is hard to differentiate from the Jag.

Further, you seem to want a car that immediately gathers attention from those that know cars and those that don't equally. You want that immediate WoW! factor. Put 20's on the KR. That will help. You'll have the same PoP as a SS. Regardless they are both Mustangs at the base of it and it their heart.

You want more "Pop" you'll need to spend more $$$$. Buy a FGT, Ferrari 458, Lambo, Zonda etc....Instant POP!

My suggestion would be sell the KR and buy an Viper ACR. That will give you the instant POP and that punk in the BMW will wet his pants.

Me..I love my KR just the way it is.

Scotty: This is the second time you have second guessed your desire to keep the KR. Maybe you should just sell it and get the car that just pushes all the right buttons for you.

I don't know what model BMW you were up against but if it was an M3 did you really think you could out run it by 15 car lengths?

I love the KR. I don't care for the 20" wheels on the SS. Too bling for me. The added 125 hp is just bragging rights. Anything over 600 hp is a waste and goes up in smoke without major rubber on the rear and proper launching technique. Even the 580 hp thats really put out by the KRs at the crank is hard to handle. The car stock is a rocket. For the street its more then powerful enough and fast enough.

The major performance difference between the SS and KR is the supercharger. Drop in a TVS or a Whipple and voila! More un-Godly power.

The SS is cool. The KR is the King of the Road. The KR is a wonderful balance between muscle, comfort and ride with a great muscular V8 rumble. The look of the KR is lower key and not as loud. It doesn't scream "hey look at me" like the SS. I love the 18" wheels on the KR. They are nicer and classier and allow the KR to keep that more classic look of the Shelby Mustangs from the 60's then the 20"s (too bling) but to each his own. Its a more "mature" look if you will. Thats MHO.

To me the baddest a$$ Shelby is not the one with the most brute power. Its a combination of power, ride, handling, overall performance, rarity and looks. When all those factors are factored in the KR comes out as the King of Road. Thats how I see it and have evaluated it. The exclusivity of being one of only a few truly pre-title Shelbys is the icing on the cake and IMHO will be huge in the future. They ain't make'n any more KRs. There done. They are still pumping out SS's however and will continue as long as new Mustangs are made and people still want more power then they can ever use on the street.

I'm willing to bet that with average drivers a KR will have an equal or better time to a SS apples to apples (equivilent drivers and stock set ups) from 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. If 510hp to the wheels is going to spin the tires that issue is multiplied even more so with 725hp.

I don't care about what "non car" enthusiasts notices or doesn't. I can tell you I routinely get thumbs up in the KR and admiring looks (the car not me) especially from people that know cars. Those that cant' tell a Porsche form a VW or a Mustang from a Camaro... who cares about what they think anyway? I am thinking of buying a GT3. Will most people see it as something special or different then the standard Carrrera. Nope. Do I care. Nope. I know what it is and so do those that know. You have the same issue with the Z06 or ZR1. Even an Aston is hard to differentiate from the Jag.

Further, you seem to want a car that immediately gathers attention from those that know cars and those that don't equally. You want that immediate WoW! factor. Put 20's on the KR. That will help. You'll have the same PoP as a SS. Regardless they are both Mustangs at the base of it and it their heart.

You want more "Pop" you'll need to spend more $$$$. Buy a FGT, Ferrari 458, Lambo, Zonda etc....Instant POP!

My suggestion would be sell the KR and buy an Viper ACR. That will give you the instant POP and that punk in the BMW will wet his pants.

Me..I love my KR just the way it is.

Real One.....this is probably the best post you have ever made on this site.

My other posts were that bad??? ;)

No comment but...this was the best so far !!

Where were you at Carlisle? Wanted to meet up with you. If you went, did you get a chance to see my car?

Archived