TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Know a Body Shop in Portland, Oregon I can Trust or Not?

Shelby-At-Large

Long long long story short I need my Shelby worked on by a Ford Dealership approved shop in the area of Portland, Oregon, that TRULY respects Shelbys, collectors cars, nice paint jobs. Or please let me know who to avoid.

I'm in an extended warranty period (post bumper-to-bumper) to replace originally wrinkled hood stripes and serious electrolysis at both hood pins. The contracted body shop put the hood stripes on too wide (1 1/2" when '08 GT is 1" all), scratched up the clearcoat all around the stripes quite a bit, and left at least 2 coffee-ring type rings on the roof. Needless to say I want another body shop to fix & finish.

So, questions I'd love an answer to if you've got one:

1-Trustworthy or untrustworthy Ford-approved body shops in Portland, Oregon that are KNOWN to appreciate nice cars, not just nod.

2-Do you know how long a Clearcoat redo might require me to wait, before new stripes can be put on?

(The original paint & clearcoat job made me wait 30 days before I could put the stripes on; I'm hoping the car only now needs the clearcoat repaired & there's a shorter wait)

3-Have you had this done? Anything to share?

4-Have you heard of a place to get new hood pin Gaskets only?

(Can't find here or via SVT; only possible source so far is buying a whole new kit, which people are leaving for me to pay; SVT did mail new Aluminum screws however)

Thanks.

I can very comforatbly refer The Fox Shoppe (Blue Ribbon Auto Body). Jimmy is a true perfectionist and a trememdous car enthusiast. I you will not be sorry if you cruise by and chat it up. He is off Cully blvd.

4235 NE Cully Blvd, Portland, OR 97218

http://m.google.com/u/m/znzzfg

Here's my friend's Satin Saleen that was recently done there.

76326_168217346531454_100000295698012_476951_822223_a.jpg

Long long long story short I need my Shelby worked on by a Ford Dealership approved shop in the area of Portland, Oregon, that TRULY respects Shelbys, collectors cars, nice paint jobs. Or please let me know who to avoid.

I'm in an extended warranty period (post bumper-to-bumper) to replace originally wrinkled hood stripes and serious electrolysis at both hood pins. The contracted body shop put the hood stripes on too wide (1 1/2" when '08 GT is 1" all), scratched up the clearcoat all around the stripes quite a bit, and left at least 2 coffee-ring type rings on the roof. Needless to say I want another body shop to fix & finish.

So, questions I'd love an answer to if you've got one:

1-Trustworthy or untrustworthy Ford-approved body shops in Portland, Oregon that are KNOWN to appreciate nice cars, not just nod.

2-Do you know how long a Clearcoat redo might require me to wait, before new stripes can be put on?

(The original paint & clearcoat job made me wait 30 days before I could put the stripes on; I'm hoping the car only now needs the clearcoat repaired & there's a shorter wait)

3-Have you had this done? Anything to share?

4-Have you heard of a place to get new hood pin Gaskets only?

(Can't find here or via SVT; only possible source so far is buying a whole new kit, which people are leaving for me to pay; SVT did mail new Aluminum screws however)

Thanks.

Hot Rod Dreamworks Canby Oregon Next to Canby Ford. AAA +++ www.hotroddreamworks.com/

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Look good. Nice to know there are some serious car lovers out there. I meet a few, but not enough. Last summer I cruised "the gut" in Seaside during a busy summer day & got maybe 5 looks at the car. Wow! Maybe if it was electric...

For anyone searching the Portland, Oregon area in the future, I've found these 3 other more hotrod-oriented shops so far. I don't know anything except what read online, haven't called yet:

- Custom Automotive Restoration - 122nd & Powell, Portland

- Jerry's Custom Paint & Collision Center - West Gresham

- Outlaw Customs - Location unknown

Archived