TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca, Quantum & Sean Hyland.... 40th Anniversary Builds

To all the 40th owners that have had their Shelby converted by Tasca, Quantum or Sean Hyland would you please send me an email with your name and CSM number.

I would like to audit the 40th build numbers submitted by the mod shops so that I'm confident all cars are accounted for. If your 40th was built by SAI here in Las Vegas there is no need to send an email as the 40th SAI builds have all been verified.

If you would put in the email subject line something like 40th Anniversary build I'd appreciate it. My email address is: stevent@shelbyamerican.com

Thank you

Steve

Steve,

When you release these numbers, you will kill several threads in the 40th Anniversary forum. There goes the neighborhood. :lol:

:hysterical2:

Don't worry Don, April is 10 months away.

Oh,........ thanks Steve. :poke:

• 1 month later...

To all the 40th owners that have had their Shelby converted by Tasca, Quantum or Sean Hyland would you please send me an email with your name and CSM number.

I would like to audit the 40th build numbers submitted by the mod shops so that I'm confident all cars are accounted for. If your 40th was built by SAI here in Las Vegas there is no need to send an email as the 40th SAI builds have all been verified.

If you would put in the email subject line something like 40th Anniversary build I'd appreciate it. My email address is: stevent@shelbyamerican.com

Thank you

Steve

Hello Steve,

Any update with the count?

From your message sounds like you have the count for Las Vegas?

Todd

Getting closer. With Quantum Performance shutting down recently, lets just say that has thrown a wrench into the auditing process. I'll also need to find another way of confirming mod shop build as I've only received about six emails from this thread.

Please remember its near impossible to un-ring the bell meaning that I want to be confident that the numbers we release our as accurate as possible. It benefits no one for us to release build numbers today then to have to come back at a later date with a revised number.

Steve

Getting closer. With Quantum Performance shutting down recently, lets just say that has thrown a wrench into the auditing process. I'll also need to find another way of confirming mod shop build as I've only received about six emails from this thread.

Please remember its near impossible to un-ring the bell meaning that I want to be confident that the numbers we release our as accurate as possible. It benefits no one for us to release build numbers today then to have to come back at a later date with a revised number.

Steve

Thanks!

Steve

happy%20feet.gif

Steve

Steve,

Well said.

Thanks!

David

Steve

Hello Steve,

Is it possiable while we are waiting for Quantum Performance final numbers you could post how many were made at Vegas plant?

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Steve,

Is it possible while we are waiting for Quantum Performance final numbers you could post how many were made at Vegas plant?

Todd

It been 4 years since 2007, and months since the 40th package was closed, yet we can never get a straight answer, even if you have to change it at least it gives us an idea.

Second, how is it possible that Shelby representatives go to Quantum to inspect the vehicles before customers take delivery, yet the Shelby Representatives don't have an accurate number of the cars completed by Quantum. Didn't Shelby Autos send Quantum them the 40th badges with CSM numbers so Quantum could install them?

What a Joke!

Eddie

It been 4 years since 2007, and months since the 40th package was closed, yet we can never get a straight answer, even if you have to change it at least it gives us an idea.

Second, how is it possible that Shelby representatives go to Quantum to inspect the vehicles before customers take delivery, yet the Shelby Representatives don't have an accurate number of the cars completed by Quantum. Didn't Shelby Autos send Quantum them the 40th badges with CSM numbers so Quantum could install them?

What a Joke!

Eddie

Nothing Jives with this, first we were suppose to get # of 40th by the end of April.

Now a problem because of Quantum #??

How can Shelby not have these # they controlled the # of production, # of parts that were purchased and use for conversion??

I do not buy this and this why I ask for the # of 40th made at the Shelby plant. By what Steve said ( If your 40th was built by SAI here in Las Vegas there is no need to send an email as the 40th SAI builds have all been verified.)

So if these 40th have been verified why can't we have that count from SAI, and why was there no response to me asking?

Todd

Nothing Jives with this, first we were suppose to get # of 40th by the end of April.

How can Shelby not have these # they controlled the # of production, # of parts that were purchased and use for conversion??

I do not buy this and this why I ask for the # of 40th made at the Shelby plant. By what Steve said ( If your 40th was built by SAI here in Las Vegas there is no need to send an email as the 40th SAI builds have all been verified.)

So if these 40th have been verified why can't we have that count from SAI, and why was there no response to me asking?

Todd

Todd,

You are being to rational and logical. You must get back in the attic or else?!

I was told last week the last 40th is still at Shelby and has not been picked up. When it goes they will have the numbers and publish them on the 40th. forum. I have a feeling it won't get picked up till April 2012. :boring:

I was told last week the last 40th is still at Shelby and has not been picked up. When it goes they will have the numbers and publish them on the 40th. forum. I have a feeling it won't get picked up till April 2012. :boring:

Why would the last one being pick up from SAI matter with giving us the count?

What a Joke!

Eddie

Todd

Does the # of cars produced hurt the enjoyment of you driving your car or are you guys acting "whinny" cause you want to sell them by stating they are "only one of XXX built"?

I am sure Shelby has built between 10,000 and 15,000 cars since 2006 so it's gotta be hard to keep EXACT track of all the cars built. You really need to look into the 60's Shelby's. After 40 years some of the build numbers are still being verified by the "enthusiasts" and bitching at the good folks who try to do their jobs is not going to help. After all, releasing the #'s produced of any car is more of a courtesy then mandatory and Steve seams to be trying his best but I am not sure it is on the top of his list. I am sure his "daily job responsibilities" take top priority.

So relaxe, go for a drive in your car, (unless you don't want to add "unneeded miles") and grab yourself a Xanax (Google it if you don't know what it is). When the numbers come out, the numbers come out.

QSS

Does the # of cars produced hurt the enjoyment of you driving your car or are you guys acting "whinny" cause you want to sell them by stating they are "only one of XXX built"?

I am sure Shelby has built between 10,000 and 15,000 cars since 2006 so it's gotta be hard to keep EXACT track of all the cars built. You really need to look into the 60's Shelby's. After 40 years some of the build numbers are still being verified by the "enthusiasts" and bitching at the good folks who try to do their jobs is not going to help. After all, releasing the #'s produced of any car is more of a courtesy then mandatory and Steve seams to be trying his best but I am not sure it is on the top of his list. I am sure his "daily job responsibilities" take top priority.

So relaxe, go for a drive in your car, (unless you don't want to add "unneeded miles") and grab yourself a Xanax (Google it if you don't know what it is). When the numbers come out, the numbers come out.

QSS

How stupid is this post? I'm coming out of the attic and taking Todd's back. Who the hell are you to be passing any kind of judgment on someone that was promised over 4 years ago that they would be told something as simple as the total number of cars that were being built as bitching, whinny and go take a Xanax and get over it. You joined in this forum in 2008 which is a full year after Todd dropped his car off to be one of the first 15 converted and delivered 40th Anniversary's. What do you know he was told by any employee at Shelby concerning the total number of 40th Anniversary cars that were being built? Simple answer is you don't because you are a jackass and you make assumptions about stuff you don't even know about. I for one heard it from the President of SAI, and so did Todd. There were others along the way, including Steve and Roger giving artificial dates that were not met. You were nowhere around in the beginning when we were told, "we're building only 1,000 40th anniversaries” Then it went to "We're only building 500 40th anniversaries." Then it went "We're only building 300 40th Anniversaries” Believe it or not, some people do care how many cars are built. Todd and others signed up for this modification to a large degree because it was in fact going to be a limited number production. Duh, believe it or not, it goes with this hobby. Some people enjoy more than just driving their cars and taking Xanax. Some people actually like to modify them, wash them, show them, take pictures of them and even drive them at the track, both drag strips and road courses. And some people just want to know how many were built.

One could easily say that any company that cannot tell you how many products they built six months after the last order has been taken is horribly inept, mismanaged, just plain incompetent or they just don't care to tell their customers that information. Most of us have recognized this is the position that Shelby has taken and try to keep it in good humor. But, you're not going to pounce on one of us that have a legitimate customer complaint without being called out for exactly what you are.

I'm going back to the attic.

QSS

I was just trying to be helpful by informing Todd what Roger told me in the Boss forum. Why and what business do you have trying to tell us how to enjoy our cars. If it makes you feel better, I went on a 2400 mile cruise with my Boss. Try having a little respect towards other people and not whine over how they enjoy their cars.

BTW Well said Cobrafan.

http://www.teamshelb...70#entry1185970 #27

How stupid is this post? I'm coming out of the attic and taking Todd's back. Who the hell are you to be passing any kind of judgment on someone that was promised over 4 years ago that they would be told something as simple as the total number of cars that were being built as bitching, whinny and go take a Xanax and get over it. You joined in this forum in 2008 which is a full year after Todd dropped his car off to be one of the first 15 converted and delivered 40th Anniversary's. What do you know he was told by any employee at Shelby concerning the total number of 40th Anniversary cars that were being built? Simple answer is you don't because you are a jackass and you make assumptions about stuff you don't even know about. I for one heard it from the President of SAI, and so did Todd. There were others along the way, including Steve and Roger giving artificial dates that were not met. You were nowhere around in the beginning when we were told, "we're building only 1,000 40th anniversaries Then it went to "We're only building 500 40th anniversaries." Then it went "We're only building 300 40th Anniversaries Believe it or not, some people do care how many cars are built. Todd and others signed up for this modification to a large degree because it was in fact going to be a limited number production. Duh, believe it or not, it goes with this hobby. Some people enjoy more than just driving their cars and taking Xanax. Some people actually like to modify them, wash them, show them, take pictures of them and even drive them at the track, both drag strips and road courses. And some people just want to know how many were built.

One could easily say that any company that cannot tell you how many products they built six months after the last order has been taken is horribly inept, mismanaged, just plain incompetent or they just don't care to tell their customers that information. Most of us have recognized this is the position that Shelby has taken and try to keep it in good humor. But, you're not going to pounce on one of us that have a legitimate customer complaint without being called out for exactly what you are.

You have to get out of the attic more often!!

Thanks for covering my back!

I just got back on line from work, amazed how people just take things lying down and talk from the corners of there mouth and know nothing about this situation.

(QSS is SURE that Shelby has built between 10,000 and 15,000 cars since 2006 so it's gotta be hard to keep EXACT track of all the cars built.) WHAT???

Its hard for a car co. to keep exact track of the numbers built??? LOL!! AMAZING!!! This is why I have to say WHAT EVER!!! lol!!

Lets all the 14 of us get together in Vegas for the 5th anniversary??

Thanks again!

Todd

One little difference between the 60's and present day as far as accounting for items that would be COMPUTERS!!! It should be a little easier to track and account for all vehicles made, parts shipped and such using this primitive device. Just saying!!! headscratch.gif

How stupid is this post? I'm coming out of the attic and taking Todd's back. Who the hell are you to be passing any kind of judgment on someone that was promised over 4 years ago that they would be told something as simple as the total number of cars that were being built as bitching, whinny and go take a Xanax and get over it. You joined in this forum in 2008 which is a full year after Todd dropped his car off to be one of the first 15 converted and delivered 40th Anniversary's. What do you know he was told by any employee at Shelby concerning the total number of 40th Anniversary cars that were being built? Simple answer is you don't because you are a jackass and you make assumptions about stuff you don't even know about. I for one heard it from the President of SAI, and so did Todd. There were others along the way, including Steve and Roger giving artificial dates that were not met. You were nowhere around in the beginning when we were told, "we're building only 1,000 40th anniversaries” Then it went to "We're only building 500 40th anniversaries." Then it went "We're only building 300 40th Anniversaries” Believe it or not, some people do care how many cars are built. Todd and others signed up for this modification to a large degree because it was in fact going to be a limited number production. Duh, believe it or not, it goes with this hobby. Some people enjoy more than just driving their cars and taking Xanax. Some people actually like to modify them, wash them, show them, take pictures of them and even drive them at the track, both drag strips and road courses. And some people just want to know how many were built.

I was just trying to be helpful by informing Todd what Roger told me in the Boss forum. Why and what business do you have trying to tell us how to enjoy our cars. If it makes you feel better, I went on a 2400 mile cruise with my Boss. Try having a little respect towards other people and not whine over how they enjoy their cars.

BTW Well said Cobrafan.

http://www.teamshelb...70#entry1185970 #27

I guess I woke up this morning and saw what must be the 40th post about people complaining how SAI does not give them "the numbers" and call em "a joke".

As for what "the president of SAI said in 2007........ well Amy is gone". Things change within companies, directions change and policies change. If you guys want to beat this dead horse please do.

I guess I was looking forward to reading some enjoyable posts this morning and all I read was a repetitive post, that get asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Guess that's what I mainly got pissy about was people calling SAI "a joke" because this has gone unanswered.

So I guess it's ok to call a company and people "a joke" but it's not ok to call anyone whinny? What kind of response to you expect to publicly calling companies and people "a joke"?

I, at least can understand your distain towards me.

So Cobrafan, please take Todds back, I'll take SAI's back.

QSS

P.S. I just reread the thread and Todd's post, I gotta apologize for lumping you in with the post from Eddie that referred to SAI as a joke. Your question was not unreasonable so "I apologize".

As for what "the president of SAI said in 2007........ well Amy is gone". Things change within companies, directions change and policies change. If you guys want to beat this dead horse please do.

Ding,ding, ding. You get it. It's not that they don't have the information, they do not want to release it. Things change for whatever reason. I appreciate your apology to Todd. Yes, we will continue to beat the dead horse. Some take pleasure in strange ways. I'm back in the attic with the rest of the step children.

Let's not attack each other over this - this is something that Shelby has promised to do over and over again and has not. I will inquire with the Team about this.

Thanks Robert for being a stand up guy for trying to help solve the riddle for the step children in the attic. :victory: Dealing with the Joker has not been fun.

Don

QSS

QSS ,

I know what Xanax is, I happen to have a license that lets me prescribe it. Aside from that I'm not looking to sell my car! I'm actually modding it and driving the shit out of it!

What gives you the right to tell me to take an anxiolytic, I'm simply stating that Shelby Autos has not been fourth coming with their promises, they are extremely disorganized, they have bad business practices. Look how they treated Van from Revan Racing, the developer of the heat exchanger they not put Caroll's name on! and screwed him out of the deal!

This is a forum for us to share our thoughts good or bad and I will say what I feel without offending people, something you have done! :rant2: Maybe your the hater because you cant afford a 40th.

Ed

Archived