TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sonoma Historic races

cobrakidz

I was not sure where to post this, hope it's ok here. I went to the historic races this weekend at Sears Point, wish the rain had not made an appearance. Saturday was pretty much rained out, but Sunday was nice. Here are a few pics.

vsc07l.jpg

n17b7a.jpg

10yorp3.jpg

xelsab.jpg

Nice pics, thxs 4 sharing.

Cool plate too.....

orig.jpg

At the Monterey Historics, 2003

Sunbeam LeMans 1964 No. 9 4700cc

Chassis No. B9499998

Peter Procter

Among the group 7B 1963-1966 Production/GT Cars over 2000cc, started 35 finished 29

I have it on good authority that Peter Procter drove one of two such cars in their original outing at LeMans. Both suffered engine failure. The engines were from Carroll Shelby's operation, and Sunbeam were "livid." Shelby gave them their money back. (According to Alain de Cadenet)

In their year of introduction I saw a red one leaving Riverside International Raceway, driving on the road, just like a real car.

orig.jpg

At the Monterey Historics, 2003

Sunbeam LeMans 1964 No. 9 4700cc

Chassis No. B9499998

Peter Procter

Among the group 7B 1963-1966 Production/GT Cars over 2000cc, started 35 finished 29

I have it on good authority that Peter Procter drove one of two such cars in their original outing at LeMans. Both suffered engine failure. The engines were from Carroll Shelby's operation, and Sunbeam were "livid." Shelby gave them their money back. (According to Alain de Cadenet)

In their year of introduction I saw a red one leaving Riverside International Raceway, driving on the road, just like a real car.

Good history Frank, I like it! I just sold by 'Book of Norman' on eBay last week. For those that don't know, the 'Book of Norman' was/is the bible and Registry for the Sunbeam Tiger

Archived