TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VERT prices being hammered on EBAY

dtharmon633

For cars there is no "final value fee" if it sells, but there is a "transcation fee." The total for a vehicle that sells is about $100 +/- depending on listing options. If it doesn't sell then you're only looking at about $65.

Like I've said many times, the final non-winning bid is irrelevant. The auction cited, as someone pointed out already, was poorly executed. It started at $59k. Look at how many auctions never reach that level and it's easy to see why it didn't receive any bids.

Also, with the coupe vs convertible issue, what I've noticed is that the GT500 tends to sell around the $55k-$60k range regardless of body style. Rather than indicating convertibles are less desirable, I think it shows simply that the GT500 is worth $55k - $60k whether it's a coupe or convertible.

The person we sold our white one to said he had contacted over 100 dealers. At least one renegged on their deal and sold to someone else at a higher price.

A note on shill bidding: not only is it against Ebay policy, it is also against the law - it may even be a felony. People have been prosecuted, fined and done jail time for it. Definitely not worth it, especially on something like this that will fetch top dollar anyway.

Let me make it clear to the shelby cheerleaders.

I have nothing against verts.Some of you just are very simple minded.Feel the need to post pictures of a 50 year old car to prove a point in which is false anyway.I love shelby verts but the facts dont change.

When 2 cars msrp coupe at 45K and vert at 59K Not only have i seen the coupes bring the same $$ as verts but on many occasions, they also bring more. Not to offend the shelby vert cheerleaders but its simple math.The verts are "less desirable" thats why the prices have always been less and will see them drop first.

Whats wrong with stating the facts?? You cannot handle the facts? Get over it.

Let me make it clear to the shelby cheerleaders.

I have nothing against verts.Some of you just are very simple minded.Feel the need to post pictures of a 50 year old car to prove a point in which is false anyway.I love shelby verts but the facts dont change.

When 2 cars msrp coupe at 45K and vert at 59K Not only have i seen the coupes bring the same $$ as verts but on many occasions, they also bring more. Not to offend the shelby vert cheerleaders but its simple math.The verts are "less desirable" thats why the prices have always been less and will see them drop first.

Whats wrong with stating the facts?? You cannot handle the facts? Get over it.

What source are you quoting facts from...oh eloquent one? The gospel according to shelbyGT500 :hysterical2:

Cant handle the truth? Show me some cars in which a automaker makes a high powered convertable and a coupe.Then show me some where the vert out sells the coupe or out performs? No NO, Im not talking miatas here either..................I put my $$ where my mouth is.I listed a few of them. Please do show me how i am wrong?

Sorry if the truth offends anybody, i"started off" by just staing some facts until you guys wanted to get into a pissing contest. Please do prove me wrong.Please do...........

Cant handle the truth? Show me some cars in which a automaker makes a high powered convertable and a coupe.Then show me some where the vert out sells the coupe or out performs? No NO, Im not talking miatas here either..................I put my $$ where my mouth is.I listed a few of them. Please do show me how i am wrong?

Sorry if the truth offends anybody, i"started off" by just staing some facts until you guys wanted to get into a pissing contest. Please do prove me wrong.Please do...........

Your not sorry if you offend anybody. And I'm not offended. I just think you are very opinionated. You are the king of the "pissing contest" :bowdown:

Who really cares what's more popular? For me I got the vert because I want the space and like to put the top down with my kids and wife in the summer. The car is pleasure first for me.....but yes I will mod it enough that i can hang in there with about anything I run into on the street. As for the track - I may see it a few times but am not going to build my car into a track car.

For those that are all about the performance clearly the hard top has a better base. Less weight - stiffer etc. I have a vert and won't try to deny that....Byt put my vert up in a rave against most cars I see on the road and I'll show you how much that extra weight hurts :)

Not to mention IMO a vert with the top down looks best. Top up and I like the coupe, but top down and the vert is sharp. It fits me and my needs and that's why I bought it. As for the market demand and ADM etc. Your big flaw is allowing 2 cars on e-bay to dictate what you can find in the market IMO. I am not even following pricing now because I can't fit another one in the garage and I have mine. I would like to see them hit MSRP so that people needing that to buy one can then i want to see the price jump through the roof when production is over. Will it happen - not likely but I'd love to see it.

To argue over which is more desirable is crazy - it's the old beauty is all in the eye of the beholder thing.

If more black sell then red or blue or white etc then will we come back and say black is more desirable? Many times the less desirable as you put it havew lower production numbers and in the end are more desirable but because I am not planning on selling I really don't care. I think the point of the thread is lost and really should be about the adm is coming down. If it comes down on Verts it will come down on coupes too.

Desirable - If I was all track - Coupe

If I was all performance - Coupe

Fun cruising (not racing) - Vert *but if the weather sucks this could be a draw

Comfort - for me vert because of my size

Looks - top down vert IMO - Top Up Coupe

Since I am total package - Vert. Sorry it' just is a better package FOR ME. I will deal with the extra work to make it perform how I want it to but because there are less made does not really equal less desirable......by that argumnt I could say vert costs more because it is more desirable ;) That would be poop too but we all have and are entitled to our opinions. I think it's best to keep these cars lumped together as just very desirable in general.

I guess I think they are both desiable - the coupe looks more aggressive and will sell in higher numbers (maybe because more desirable, maybe because cheaper, maybe because more perf. oriented and those buying these often are too). But if you get into a nice long drive and can put the top down on the vert. nothing beats that on a sunny day. And keep in mind if these cars are to be collectors I would say more often than not the vert. will pull in the bigger bids at auction...just not mine because it's not for sale.

Who really cares what's more popular? For me I got the vert because I want the space and like to put the top down with my kids and wife in the summer. The car is pleasure first for me.....but yes I will mod it enough that i can hang in there with about anything I run into on the street. As for the track - I may see it a few times but am not going to build my car into a track car.

For those that are all about the performance clearly the hard top has a better base. Less weight - stiffer etc. I have a vert and won't try to deny that....Byt put my vert up in a rave against most cars I see on the road and I'll show you how much that extra weight hurts :)

Not to mention IMO a vert with the top down looks best. Top up and I like the coupe, but top down and the vert is sharp. It fits me and my needs and that's why I bought it. As for the market demand and ADM etc. Your big flaw is allowing 2 cars on e-bay to dictate what you can find in the market IMO. I am not even following pricing now because I can't fit another one in the garage and I have mine. I would like to see them hit MSRP so that people needing that to buy one can then i want to see the price jump through the roof when production is over. Will it happen - not likely but I'd love to see it.

To argue over which is more desirable is crazy - it's the old beauty is all in the eye of the beholder thing.

If more black sell then red or blue or white etc then will we come back and say black is more desirable? Many times the less desirable as you put it havew lower production numbers and in the end are more desirable but because I am not planning on selling I really don't care. I think the point of the thread is lost and really should be about the adm is coming down. If it comes down on Verts it will come down on coupes too.

Desirable - If I was all track - Coupe

If I was all performance - Coupe

Fun cruising (not racing) - Vert *but if the weather sucks this could be a draw

Comfort - for me vert because of my size

Looks - top down vert IMO - Top Up Coupe

Since I am total package - Vert. Sorry it' just is a better package FOR ME. I will deal with the extra work to make it perform how I want it to but because there are less made does not really equal less desirable......by that argumnt I could say vert costs more because it is more desirable ;) That would be poop too but we all have and are entitled to our opinions. I think it's best to keep these cars lumped together as just very desirable in general.

I guess I think they are both desiable - the coupe looks more aggressive and will sell in higher numbers (maybe because more desirable, maybe because cheaper, maybe because more perf. oriented and those buying these often are too). But if you get into a nice long drive and can put the top down on the vert. nothing beats that on a sunny day. And keep in mind if these cars are to be collectors I would say more often than not the vert. will pull in the bigger bids at auction...just not mine because it's not for sale.

Well Put...

It could also be that all those folks stranded in Philly by USAir are having second thoughts about buying a 500 HP convertible when there's a freakin' foot of snow on the ground. :doh::stop: If the prices are still low for Memorial Day, I'll call that a trend or pattern.

Still, Coupe for me. RED. Ooops, 'nother thread for that.

theres nothing better than the feeling of wind in your hair on a drop top or t roof car.I totally agree.I was only referring to {numbers). Some people would only buy a convertable for good reason. They look awesome ,Specially with a roll bar like the shelby 40th package.Way better than a coupe.

For cars there is no "final value fee" if it sells, but there is a "transcation fee." The total for a vehicle that sells is about $100 +/- depending on listing options. If it doesn't sell then you're only looking at about $65.

Like I've said many times, the final non-winning bid is irrelevant. The auction cited, as someone pointed out already, was poorly executed. It started at $59k. Look at how many auctions never reach that level and it's easy to see why it didn't receive any bids.

Also, with the coupe vs convertible issue, what I've noticed is that the GT500 tends to sell around the $55k-$60k range regardless of body style. Rather than indicating convertibles are less desirable, I think it shows simply that the GT500 is worth $55k - $60k whether it's a coupe or convertible.

The person we sold our white one to said he had contacted over 100 dealers. At least one renegged on their deal and sold to someone else at a higher price.

A note on shill bidding: not only is it against Ebay policy, it is also against the law - it may even be a felony. People have been prosecuted, fined and done jail time for it. Definitely not worth it, especially on something like this that will fetch top dollar anyway.

Thanks for posting this. I spotted the misinformed poster when it was written but didn't want to take my time to try and settle it here. Thanks again.

Then why even mention that one was male and one was female? :headscratch:

Just a detail. If I write that my car is red, does that mean I dislike all other colors? Of course it doesn't. I was just being descriptive. Admittedly, I'm glad the other rep is gone---male or female. It happened to be a woman. But, I received more accurate and updated information from fellow 500 buyers, especially GRAB, than I did from that woman who is supposed to get the scoop for the dealer! She's inept as for as I'm concerned and she needed to be replaced.

Just a detail. If I write that my car is red, does that mean I dislike all other colors? Of course it doesn't. I was just being descriptive.

I agree. Ive come to understand for one, alot of things you might say on website come off wrong even though you are tring to share facts. There are also people who will pick apart evry single part of your experience like it an IRS audit..........

I see things get blown way out of proportion on here every day.Not all boards are like this but this one is.I visit many boards without issue although this one seems to be a little touchy.There are worse boards though.Also this one has got to be the MOST usefull one i have found on the shelby gt 500.

It's this type of bidding that makes it all suspicious. The one for 65K is already above reserve price and has been that way for hours. However, the cheaper one (56.7k) has been frozen for hours too and it is better equipped. Color wise, they are identical. Maybe someone wanted to pay LESS so they could have a better stereo. I don't know either of these dealers, but I can't believe an actual consumer bid 8 grand more because they didn't want to pay 2 grand to ship one from Florida! The final bids will be more revealing but I have to leave home now. I'll place them in my watch list and post the final bids. I am in true disbelief of EBAY prices.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Black-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-SPORT-2D...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's this type of bidding that makes it all suspicious. The one for 65K is already above reserve price and has been that way for hours. However, the cheaper one (56.7k) has been frozen for hours too and it is better equipped. Color wise, they are identical. Maybe someone wanted to pay LESS so they could have a better stereo. I don't know either of these dealers, but I can't believe an actual consumer bid 8 grand more because they didn't want to pay 2 grand to ship one from Florida! The final bids will be more revealing but I have to leave home now. I'll place them in my watch list and post the final bids. I am in true disbelief of EBAY prices.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-Black-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-SPORT-2D...1QQcmdZViewItem

BOTH VERTS are triple black.

BOTH VERTS are new.

BOTH VERTS have very low miles as would be expected with a new car.

BOTH VERTS have the IUP.

BOTH VERTS have Sirius.

The CHEAPER one has the 1000W stereo system.

One shows a reserve met selling price of 65K.

The cheaper one ended without meeting the reserve price and the final bid was 58.6K. Not even 10K over msrp.

I've lost confidence in ebay. There are just too many ways to trick the consumer into paying more.

BOTH VERTS are triple black.

BOTH VERTS are new.

BOTH VERTS have very low miles as would be expected with a new car.

BOTH VERTS have the IUP.

BOTH VERTS have Sirius.

The CHEAPER one has the 1000W stereo system.

One shows a reserve met selling price of 65K.

The cheaper one ended without meeting the reserve price and the final bid was 58.6K. Not even 10K over msrp.

I've lost confidence in ebay. There are just too many ways to trick the consumer into paying more.

Little birdie checked for your rail car twice today. No luck. :banghead:

Not reading this whole thread....but a Torch Red Vert sold today at a dealer in Virginia for $15,000 ADM.

We are not in a major city, so I would say the ADM's are still holding pretty well.

SCGT500 - a very good observation. However if (that is if) you keep up with the market and true value/price of this car and stay on top of the game. But don't say that outloud on the board. You'll get the equivilant of a nation of stock "shorters" trying to sway the price of the car by pumping and dumping the stock (car price) on a public forum. If you trade stock regularly, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

HSURB

Archived