TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VERT prices being hammered on EBAY

dtharmon633

One red VERT at less than 7K over..not sure if it sold.

Another red VERT sits with about 15 minutes remaining and ZERO bids at about 10K over as a starting price.

I personally don't care what each of you paid for your Shelby's because I got an excellent deal on mine! But, the ADM crap is decreasing on VERTS and that's a good thing no matter what you paid. Statistically, two of XXX is not enough for a sound sampling. However, bids that aren't even coming close to 10K over are definitiely the beginning of a downturn. Be careful to watch out for deceitful dealers who bid up products only to leave the very next bidder holding the bag.

Mine is still on the way, although it is SEVEN weeks past the ETA provided by the FORD rep to my dealership.

One red VERT at less than 7K over..not sure if it sold.

Another red VERT sits with about 15 minutes remaining and ZERO bids at about 10K over as a starting price.

I personally don't care what each of you paid for your Shelby's because I got an excellent deal on mine! But, the ADM crap is decreasing on VERTS and that's a good thing no matter what you paid. Statistically, two of XXX is not enough for a sound sampling. However, bids that aren't even coming close to 10K over are definitiely the beginning of a downturn. Be careful to watch out for deceitful dealers who bid up products only to leave the very next bidder holding the bag.

Mine is still on the way, although it is SEVEN weeks past the ETA provided by the FORD rep to my dealership.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-SHELBY...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the latter. There are also two new coupes that are not even bid up to 52K. Those auctions end in about two minutes.

There are literally hundreds at AAI waiting or stripes, etc.

The female Ford rep for my dealership was replaced by a man. No chovenism intended. I was told on Friday that he will get an answer for me this week. I also attended the International Atlanta Auto show this weekend. I tried to explain my situation to the rep there, but he was mainly a talking head. There is no recourse. There is no grievance process. Ford serves who they want and when they want to serve them. Obviously, the larger dealerships came out on the better end of the deal. This sounds like a republican way of doing business...help the dealerships who help the corporation! However, the democratic way would be to help the smallest dealerships receive customer orders so their business will be sustainable in the tougher times ahead. In other words, help those who can't help themselves as much. I vote for the independant way...fill orders on a first come first serve basis after a small percentage of dealers are shown favoritism for program participation and customer service. Then deliver the ordered vehicles. Unfortunately, Ford is planless. They're stacking them deep, but not selling them cheap. The approach thus far has been deafening. It will take much more than a banker's wallet and bond buyers to bail them out with a business plan focused on all but the consumer.

Just my two cents :stats:

Verts have been and always will be less desirable on such a high powered car.

Depends on who's driving them. Carroll Shelby got a vert, nuff said. ;)

Um.......no. Statistics are statistics, nuff said :rolleyes:

I have nothing against verts but the structure of the cars does not support racing......

Go look at some statistics and you will see what i say is fact not opinion.Whether its a vette,mercedes,bmw or shelby.Doesnt matter what carrol shelby drives.........

Gee whiz, look at this racing car:

427_cobra___brooklands_02_it.jpg

Doesn't even have a top!!! :headspin:

Truth is that the 'verts are made in lower numbers because of lower demand. I want a 'vert. The reason? I want the breeze in my hair! I don't care what everyone else wants, I want a 'vert. I, for one, would be happy if the 'verts drop first!

:banana piano: :happy feet: :hyper:

Truth is that the 'verts are made in lower numbers because of lower demand. I want a 'vert. The reason? I want the breeze in my hair! I don't care what everyone else wants, I want a 'vert. I, for one, would be happy if the 'verts drop first!

+100. How many people are actually competition racing anyway... maybe testosterone overload. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

You know what they say "When the top goes down the price goes up" I like verts! My DAD (god rest his soul) always had a vert I was brought up around them, It was an easy descion for me besides the 07 GT500 vert have the reinforcement bar under them for ridgity they were built to take the HP :burnout:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-SHELBY...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the latter. There are also two new coupes that are not even bid up to 52K. Those auctions end in about two minutes.

They priced it wrong to start off. Best way to get higher bids is to start low (say MSRP) and set your reserve at your desired price. They started at a minimum $10k ADM - scareing off a lot of bidders I'm sure.

On the other hand - I hope this is the beginning of the end of ADM's (or at least the quick decline). We'll have to see...

They priced it wrong to start off. Best way to get higher bids is to start low (say MSRP) and set your reserve at your desired price. They started at a minimum $10k ADM - scareing off a lot of bidders I'm sure.

On the other hand - I hope this is the beginning of the end of ADM's (or at least the quick decline). We'll have to see...

I agree, let's see

I'm with you crispy, waiting to order 08 next month. By the way, did you have the top down to much and they call you "crispy". :hysterical2:

Recent ebay listings that SOLD!

Vert. 2007 31 $60,000.00 See description Mar-18 11:12

Coupe 2007 5 5 $57,535.00 See description Mar-17 08:30

Coupe 2007 5 17 $56,000.00 See description Mar-14 16:37

Coupe 2007 1,278 $55,900.00 See description Mar-12 15:41

Vert. 2007 8 $62,900.00 See description Mar-12 12:57

Coupe 2007 490 $57,950.00 See description Mar-10 09:11

Coupe 2007 447 11 $54,000.00 See description Mar-09 18:00

Coupe 2007 870 11 $53,600.00 See description Mar-08 19:06

Vert. 2007 7 7 $60,100.00 See description Mar-06 07:23

Coupe 2007 18 5 $55,301.00 See description Mar-05 07:40

Vert. 2007 8 $15,000.00 See description Mar-07 18:10 ($15k over sold buy it now)

Here are some that ended with bids but reserve not met.

Coupe 2007 0 13 $10,200.00 See description Mar-04 08:24 (over MSRP auction)

Vert. 2007 17 18 $60,000.00 See description Mar-05 14:22

Vert. 2007 12 9 $61,100.00 See description Mar-10 11:03

Vert. 2007 1 9 $62,700.00 See description Mar-13 08:22

Now there are lot more that didn't sell due to lower bids but that doesn't really tell us anything where the market is. This is very common with ebay listings regardless of type of vehicle.

What DOES tell us something if ANYTHING, is based on the one's that did sell and how high the bids where on some of the one's that didn't sell due to dealers setting higher reserves. It shows there are buyers willing to pay higher premiums. It is just a matter of how high!

What amazes me is how much some of the used one's sold for with miles on them! The first numer after the year showing above represents miles listed. Four of those were USED!

Yea...verts are crap and only idiot's buy them. :hysterical2:

Well this idiot had a blast in his today doing 120+ listening to Van Halen! And I will be racing mine as well occasionally.

By the way. I saw an "idiot" in an 03 vert last night at test and tune running high 8s.

Well this idiot had a blast in his today doing 120+ listening to Van Halen! And I will be racing mine as well occasionally.

By the way. I saw an "idiot" in an 03 vert last night at test and tune running high 8s.

Farm On - Farmdog - go get 'em.

HSURB

It's cool dog...I have a vert as well. I was being sarcastic to the vert hater dude. :hysterical2:

For a topic pointed towards declining sales prices on EBAY for verts, it sure did turn into something different. As for the post with prices, miles, and sales dates--I just absolutely don't belive all the bids on EBAY. Although it is against EBAY rules, it is too easy to "bid up" an item. Also, so called sales prices may not be accruate either. you have tp pay the fees if you receive a single bid, so it doesn't matter if it list as sold.

Figure this---IF it is my desire to show high prices for these cars, you can have buddies bid the CARS up beyond the reserve price and display them as being sold (eg. 61500 for a coupe). Then interject a real vehicle (actual true VIN) amongst 5 false ads and people think they are getting a bargain, especially when the others bid for thousands higher. It cost the seller an extra 300 bucks, but he gains thousands by simulating the higher market.

PLEASE NOTE: I realize that all ebay ads are not bogus and I understand there is a true desire for the GT500 that has resulted in high ADMS. I am merely pointing out a simple plan for price manipulation on EBAY.

Recent ebay listings that SOLD!

Vert. 2007 31 $60,000.00 See description Mar-18 11:12

Coupe 2007 5 5 $57,535.00 See description Mar-17 08:30

Coupe 2007 5 17 $56,000.00 See description Mar-14 16:37

Coupe 2007 1,278 $55,900.00 See description Mar-12 15:41

Vert. 2007 8 $62,900.00 See description Mar-12 12:57

Coupe 2007 490 $57,950.00 See description Mar-10 09:11

Coupe 2007 447 11 $54,000.00 See description Mar-09 18:00

Coupe 2007 870 11 $53,600.00 See description Mar-08 19:06

Vert. 2007 7 7 $60,100.00 See description Mar-06 07:23

Coupe 2007 18 5 $55,301.00 See description Mar-05 07:40

Vert. 2007 8 $15,000.00 See description Mar-07 18:10 ($15k over sold buy it now)

Here are some that ended with bids but reserve not met.

Coupe 2007 0 13 $10,200.00 See description Mar-04 08:24 (over MSRP auction)

Vert. 2007 17 18 $60,000.00 See description Mar-05 14:22

Vert. 2007 12 9 $61,100.00 See description Mar-10 11:03

Vert. 2007 1 9 $62,700.00 See description Mar-13 08:22

Now there are lot more that didn't sell due to lower bids but that doesn't really tell us anything where the market is. This is very common with ebay listings regardless of type of vehicle.

What DOES tell us something if ANYTHING, is based on the one's that did sell and how high the bids where on some of the one's that didn't sell due to dealers setting higher reserves. It shows there are buyers willing to pay higher premiums. It is just a matter of how high!

What amazes me is how much some of the used one's sold for with miles on them! The first numer after the year showing above represents miles listed. Four of those were USED!

I keep reading "hammered" in to topic line on this thread and am having a hard time following it. I know, I must just be SLOW. :hysterical2:

HSURB

For a topic pointed towards declining sales prices on EBAY for verts, it sure did turn into something different. As for the post with prices, miles, and sales dates--I just absolutely don't belive all the bids on EBAY. Although it is against EBAY rules, it is too easy to "bid up" an item. Also, so called sales prices may not be accruate either. you have tp pay the fees if you receive a single bid, so it doesn't matter if it list as sold.

Figure this---IF it is my desire to show high prices for these cars, you can have buddies bid the CARS up beyond the reserve price and display them as being sold (eg. 61500 for a coupe). Then interject a real vehicle (actual true VIN) amongst 5 false ads and people think they are getting a bargain, especially when the others bid for thousands higher. It cost the seller an extra 300 bucks, but he gains thousands by simulating the higher market.

PLEASE NOTE: I realize that all ebay ads are not bogus and I understand there is a true desire for the GT500 that has resulted in high ADMS. I am merely pointing out a simple plan for price manipulation on EBAY.

My next possible adventure following the GT500. The 2008 challenger. It is awesome and looks much better than the 500. I hope it remains in this form for production.

post-5623-1174274447_thumb.jpg

My next possible adventure following the GT500. The 2008 challenger. It is awesome and looks much better than the 500. I hope it remains in this form for production.

dtharmon633:

I'm with you on that. I'll be all over the highest horsepower Challenger they offer. And, I'm hoping like hell we see another Yenko Camaro. I call it SOLD. SOLD. SOLD.

Hsurb

If it sells on ebay then you are charged a final value fee on the listing. If it doesn't sell, meaning reserve not met, or something there is no final value fee. Only the listing fee.

So I doubt people have their own listings bid on where they meet their reserve just to manipulate pricing to the public. They may have shill bidding going on to boost their bids up to get them closer to the reserve, but if they get caught ebay will suspend them and that will be the end of their ebay days!

Also, if you noticed, most of those that did sell were all within $10k - $12k over MSRP which is a lot less than what most dealers are getting. From what I have seen it appears the best deals have been on ebay as far as getting these for under $15k. That is a lot better than the $20k, $25k and $30k over that most dealers have been getting.

Look at the Shelby GT. Most dealers are trying to get $5k, $10k and $15k over on those! Yet you can buy them on ebay for MSRP to about $3k over! Several are buy it now prices which appear to be in the MSRP range depending on the options ordered on the base GT.

So if people are paying the higher premiums by walking into a dealership somewhere, and people can buy tjem on ebay for a lot less, then what does that tell you about where the market is based on ebay listings? The only thing it tells me is that there are better deals on an ebay! Cuz that ain't what the real market out there seems to be selling at which is higher than what ebay is showing.

I keep reading "hammered" in to topic line on this thread and am having a hard time following it. I know, I must just be SLOW. :hysterical2:

HSURB

I think it was a slow person who was the winning bidder on the virgin Mary toast. You want some peanut butter on that bread? If you toss in a vert I'm sure it will be worth a mint now. Just check out EBAY and sell, sell, sell.

Archived