TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone missing their Super Snake wings?...............

Yeah, it looks like it to me. Good post!

Yeah, it looks like it to me. Good post!

Reminds me of this picture...............

B9vM7IgEWkKGrHqFhMEzetyBMIBM6qp-Kv_3.jpg

This was the White Super Snake with the Blue stripes, the car that had Blue stripes installed "after the Super Snake conversion" at Tasca. Doesn't it appear that someone attempted to pry off at least the rear wing? Sprung out at the rear? pry mark on white paint above wing?

Maybe it is just my old eyes................

R

Reminds me of this picture...............

<SNIP>

This was the White Super Snake with the Blue stripes, the car that had Blue stripes installed "after the Super Snake conversion" at Tasca. Doesn't it appear that someone attempted to pry off at least the rear wing? Sprung out at the rear? pry mark on white paint above wing?

Maybe it is just my old eyes................

R

Actually Robert, I think that's the car that the guy is trying to say is a Super Snake because it was used in a Z-Max commercial and Shelby signed the rear quarter window block-off plate.

It's white with double OTT stripes and a SS *style* hood that isn't even a Shelby. No CSM# and when I confronted him on it he said I could call Carol<sic> Shelby and he'd tell me it was a real Super Snake!!!

The "Super Snake" is on the wrong side of the GT500 on one side because they just made two of the same decals instead of a Right and Left side rocker decal.

If it's the car I'm thinkin' of, it's on the East Coast (Carolina's, perhaps?) and the guy has some kind of parts business.

The Tasca "Blue Stripe" car was actually done real well and IS a true Super Snake....just not with a Blue stripe from the onset (had a black, was removed and a blue was installed by Tasca).

But then again, I could be wrong,...I just seem to remember the "Fake Snake" having that blem that your pic shows.

Phill

Actually Robert, I think that's the car that the guy is trying to say is a Super Snake because it was used in a Z-Max commercial and Shelby signed the rear quarter window block-off plate.

It's white with double OTT stripes and a SS *style* hood that isn't even a Shelby. No CSM# and when I confronted him on it he said I could call Carol<sic> Shelby and he'd tell me it was a real Super Snake!!!

The "Super Snake" is on the wrong side of the GT500 on one side because they just made two of the same decals instead of a Right and Left side rocker decal.

If it's the car I'm thinkin' of, it's on the East Coast (Carolina's, perhaps?) and the guy has some kind of parts business.

The Tasca "Blue Stripe" car was actually done real well and IS a true Super Snake....just not with a Blue stripe from the onset (had a black, was removed and a blue was installed by Tasca).

But then again, I could be wrong,...I just seem to remember the "Fake Snake" having that blem that your pic shows.

Phill

Yes, you are right....................this is the bogus car, not the Tasca Blue striped car, my mistake.

It appears that someone was attempting to remove these wings from the bogus Z-Max Super Snake.

R

It appears that someone was attempting to remove these wings from the bogus Z-Max Super Snake.

It was probably Carroll Shelby! <lol>

Phill

It was probably Carroll Shelby! <lol>

Phill

Yeah Phil, I'm sure if you just call Mr. Shelby he'll tell you (lol).

I believe that guy owned a trucking company and did some hauling for Shelby at some point.

Yeah Phil, I'm sure if you just call Mr. Shelby he'll tell you (lol).

I believe that guy owned a trucking company and did some hauling for Shelby at some point.

Yeah, something to that effect was mentioned about that when he had the car on e-bay. It was said that may have been how he acquired the SS specific items on his car.

Archived