TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno results '12 GT500 stock vs pulley

xeongt

So I'm very disappointed in the gains from adding a 2.6" pulley + idler + colder plugs + canned tune. On a Mustang dyno went from 500hp / 479lb-ft @ 8.7psi peak, to just 529hp / 519lb-ft @ 13.3psi. The graph didn't pick up the timing values for some reason, but they were laughably low....yeah the canned tune really killed me I think :( Will have pull the trigger on something else like LTs to force myself to get a real custom tune now.

Car: '12 GT500 SVTPP, ~820 miles on the odometer ;)

post-33217-0-06970500-1307137981_thumb.jpg

post-33217-0-06970500-1307137981_thumb.jpg

Which tune did you go with? I had Justin from VMP send me his 2.59 pulley and idler and a 91 Octane tune and my car picked up 61 rwhp and 60 rwtq. Those gains seem very minimal for a pulley and tune. Maybe the tune is too aggressive and the car is pulling timing? Good luck with getting it worked out.

I had same results with my 2011 Gt500 with VMP 2.59 and tune.You are correct , car pulled timing due to tune.Dyno graph showed knock sensor kicked timing.

Which tune did you go with? I had Justin from VMP send me his 2.59 pulley and idler and a 91 Octane tune and my car picked up 61 rwhp and 60 rwtq. Those gains seem very minimal for a pulley and tune. Maybe the tune is too aggressive and the car is pulling timing? Good luck with getting it worked out.

I don't want to call out the vendor just yet as I'm going to give them a datalog and see what they come up with.

Redline58 - how were you able to tell about pulling timing from the dyno graph? Did yours record it on there so you could just visibly see it drop? If that's the case I should be able to see the same thing with a datalog.

Off topic - do you live in Santee? I see a Kona Blue with wide black stripes driving on Mast a lot....

The shop just sent me the datalog from the dyno. However it's from a different run than the previous graph was for, but the numbers are very similar. On this run the timing and such looks good...which makes this even more confusing. There shouldn't be any differences at all from '11, but has anyone else done a pulley swap already on a '12 like me that could chime in with their results?

post-33217-0-86888000-1307479636_thumb.jpg

post-33217-0-86888000-1307479636_thumb.jpg

The shop just sent me the datalog from the dyno. However it's from a different run than the previous graph was for, but the numbers are very similar. On this run the timing and such looks good...which makes this even more confusing. There shouldn't be any differences at all from '11, but has anyone else done a pulley swap already on a '12 like me that could chime in with their results?

I'm getting mine done on the 18th, I post up my results then.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't 500hp on a stock GT500 high? Especially on Mustang dyno!I would think starting off with 476 is probably more accurate. For the original poster any chance the initial dyno was off?

Looks like getting 520-530HP after a 2.59 / 2.6 with around 12 / 13 PSI is normal.

Archived