TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vossen CV3's installed

nele22

I made the trek up to Shawnee Mission, KS today to visit a good friend (Chad) at KC Trends. I have purchased several sets of wheels and tires from him over the years ranging from Rubicons to the Shelby. I really leaned on him this time around for the right wheel for this car. I think he NAILED it! I know it is not everyone’s taste but for a light, concave 20" wheel it does not get any better. The factory Matte Graphite matches the car so well. Went with a 20x9.5 in the front and a 20x10.5 out back. Running Nitto INVOs 255/35 and 275/35. The tire size is almost the exact same as stock which I wanted.

On with the pictures.

wheels.jpg

Wheels2.jpg

wheels3.jpg

wheels4.jpg

wheels7.jpg

I think you nailed it for that car! very nice! I will have to keep these in mind. Very unique.

Thank you! I have always enjoyed putting cars together. Lots of thought goes into every decision for me. My wife thinks I am crazy because I will stare at my car for hours planning my next move. :)

• 2 weeks later...

See now what you made me do. I just ordered a set of the CV3s in silver. I really like the look of my CS40s but they just don't talk to me like these CV3s. I get them on Friday so I should have some pics soon after that. I wavered around about the graphite or silver but decided to go with the silver for my vista blue/tungsten combo. It was a tough choice to give up the CS40s but I really like that wheel. Can't wait.

Nice! Who did you order from?

A shop in Tampa, WheelTec. They gave me a real good price that I couldn't refuse. They just did the install of the Dark Grey CTSV coupe with CV3 wheels that is on the Vossen web page. It looks fantastic with these wheels. I've dealt with them in the past and they are good people.

Thank you! I have always enjoyed putting cars together. Lots of thought goes into every decision for me. My wife thinks I am crazy because I will stare at my car for hours planning my next move. :)

[/quote]

That is PRECISELY what I do! Not to mention the nights in bed rolling over for hours until dawn thinking of it too. It took me literally months to decide on the correct pieces for the faux openings on my quarter window scoops from Kaenen Eng. I stewed about that for months, and finally came up with the perfect fix that later had people asking if the scoops came with the car?!

:happy feet:

Those look dynamite on your ride man!

Archived