TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My visit to Shelby American.

I was lucky enough to visit SAI last week on a work trip. My coworker and I spent the better part of 2 hours with Steve. After finding my white GT amongst all the other ones out there, Steve showed us all around and really helped me decide on options. The car seriously looks a thousand times better in person than it does in pictures or video. Very impressive! What stood out most to me were the wheels/tires and the size and sound of the exhaust. I had a C6 Corvette until recently, so maybe I'm used to looking at 4 skinny pipes out the back.

After visiting I decided on the painted stripes and upgraded interior. I'm not in love with the red/white/blue accents, but the leather quality and red stitching looks outstanding and sold me over the much cheaper stock interior.

I also went with the upgraded rear brakes after seeing them in person. I must admit they are more for looks, but I'm ok with that as they make the wheel/tire combo look even meaner.

Before my visit I planned to order the car without the upgraded interior, brakes, and painted stripes, but after seeing them in person there is no way I can live without them. I was also on the fence about the cooling package... That's also over. It just looks too cool both under the hood and standing in front of the car with "SHELBY" visible thru the grill. I'm sure others can chime in with the functional benefits, but the looks were enough for me.

If you have the opportunity go visit SAI, but if you can't I hope my little post here helps when picking options.

I was lucky enough to visit SAI last week on a work trip. My coworker and I spent the better part of 2 hours with Steve. After finding my white GT amongst all the other ones out there, Steve showed us all around and really helped me decide on options. The car seriously looks a thousand times better in person than it does in pictures or video. Very impressive! What stood out most to me were the wheels/tires and the size and sound of the exhaust. I had a C6 Corvette until recently, so maybe I'm used to looking at 4 skinny pipes out the back.

After visiting I decided on the painted stripes and upgraded interior. I'm not in love with the red/white/blue accents, but the leather quality and red stitching looks outstanding and sold me over the much cheaper stock interior.

I also went with the upgraded rear brakes after seeing them in person. I must admit they are more for looks, but I'm ok with that as they make the wheel/tire combo look even meaner.

Before my visit I planned to order the car without the upgraded interior, brakes, and painted stripes, but after seeing them in person there is no way I can live without them. I was also on the fence about the cooling package... That's also over. It just looks too cool both under the hood and standing in front of the car with "SHELBY" visible thru the grill. I'm sure others can chime in with the functional benefits, but the looks were enough for me.

If you have the opportunity go visit SAI, but if you can't I hope my little post here helps when picking options.

I did the same exact thing. I opt for the Shelby interior when I visited SA and now that I have the car I'm glad I did.

I was lucky enough to visit SAI last week on a work trip. My coworker and I spent the better part of 2 hours with Steve.

If yer talkin' about Steve Mansel, he's a good guy. He spent a lot of time with me even with a couple of "distractions" from some goober that just HAD to show him his Mustang that Shelby signed. There was NOTHING on the car that was Shelby or even Shelby related (and I personally tought the car looked like CRAP) but Steve did his best to be gracious with the guy and not tell him what I was thinkin'....like, "dude, don't bother me with your POS Mustang, just because Shelby signed it'.

The guy made sure to tell us that Shelby signed it for FREE...."and do you know why? Because he LIKED it!"

I was thinkin', 'yeah, sure...it was to get rid of yer pestery ass, THAT'S WHY!"

None the less, Steve took a lot of time with me showing me a couple of 2010 SS's in the works knowing I was there to get infomation on getting mine Snaked (although, expecting to talk to Roger S).

I've been through there a couple of times since and one thing I noticed is his tour of the museaum...he has his "speel" down to the letter! It was word for word all 4 times I heard it <LOL>.

Point is, if it's Steve Mansel you're talking about, he's a good egg.

Phill

If yer talkin' about Steve Mansel, he's a good guy. He spent a lot of time with me even with a couple of "distractions" from some goober that just HAD to show him his Mustang that Shelby signed. There was NOTHING on the car that was Shelby or even Shelby related (and I personally tought the car looked like CRAP) but Steve did his best to be gracious with the guy and not tell him what I was thinkin'....like, "dude, don't bother me with your POS Mustang, just because Shelby signed it'.

The guy made sure to tell us that Shelby signed it for FREE...."and do you know why? Because he LIKED it!"

I was thinkin', 'yeah, sure...it was to get rid of yer pestery ass, THAT'S WHY!"

None the less, Steve took a lot of time with me showing me a couple of 2010 SS's in the works knowing I was there to get infomation on getting mine Snaked (although, expecting to talk to Roger S).

I've been through there a couple of times since and one thing I noticed is his tour of the museaum...he has his "speel" down to the letter! It was word for word all 4 times I heard it <LOL>.

Point is, if it's Steve Mansel you're talking about, he's a good egg.

Phill

Yep, Steve Mansel. He's a good dude. The best part was when he told my co-worker that his Roush Stage 2 "won't be worth sh$t in 5 years."

Yep, Steve Mansel. He's a good dude. The best part was when he told my co-worker that his Roush Stage 2 "won't be worth sh$t in 5 years."

LOL...yeah, he's definatly "a company man"! <chuckle>

Phill

Archived