TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Museum delivery

I live in FL and will not be in LAS for the delivery anyway. Is the $750 worth it? What do you get besides a bag and a jacket and a certificate? I ordered just about every other option, but am having a hard time with this one.

Thanks guys.

I may be misunderstanding, but are you saying you are going to opt for museum delivery (maybe), but still not be there for the delivery?

GO TO VEGAS!!!!

Then road trip that machine back to Florida!

I may be misunderstanding, but are you saying you are going to opt for museum delivery (maybe), but still not be there for the delivery?

GO TO VEGAS!!!!

Then road trip that machine back to Florida!

LOL. That's exactly what I'm saying! I can barely stand the ride home at 550mph. Too far buddy.

LOL. That's exactly what I'm saying! I can barely stand the ride home at 550mph. Too far buddy.

Well, maybe if you slowed it down by about 475 mph, you could enjoy the scenery a bit more....

Seriously... two relaxing days of driving! Three if you want to smell some roses now and again...

Follow up question... when is the due date?

If you have connections in the automotive world, you could try and get a pass into SEMA and make a real vacation of it if the car is due the 1st of November....

Follow up question... when is the due date?

If you have connections in the automotive world, you could try and get a pass into SEMA and make a real vacation of it if the car is due the 1st of November....

I was told I could have the car in September, but I'll believe it when I see it as my car was delivered to Shelby earlier this month.

I like your SEMA idea. I may look into that if the dates happen to line up. A friend has offered a pass in the past.

Well, maybe if you slowed it down by about 475 mph, you could enjoy the scenery a bit more....

Seriously... two relaxing days of driving! Three if you want to smell some roses now and again...

I just checked and it's 2300+ miles. Way too far.

Hi

I did it and you should too! The experience greatly out weighs the cost. Besides, you get to QA your car while all the production people are standing there.

The take it for a ride to the Valley of Fire, shoot a few photos and ship it home.

Congrats, you are going to really love this car!

I agree with everyone here, and even if you dont like to gamble, there are some great things to do and see in Vegas. Have it transported back though, and fly....

I guarantee you it is worth it to go out and test drive your car before you sign off on it, whether you museum it or not....

Definitely do it! The experiance of driving the car with SAI. Meeting the builders...

The drive to Valley of Fire! MUST do. Drive through to Overton, AZ and get a burger at Sugar's. Drive back Vegas via Hoover damn. That's a one day trip. You'll be back in Vegas for dinner.

There's even historic Route 66 out in Barstow and surrounding areas.

Ship it home...

Good luck and enjoy!

:salute:

I just checked and it's 2300+ miles. Way too far.

drop Tony356 a pm....he flew out for museum delivery and drove back to Pennsylvania with his daughter, :superhero:

lifetime memories crossing this beautiful country in that awesome car......sure its far.......

but the car cost a lot and that didnt stop you........go for it......the full monty.......your dream car awaits you on the the dream drive.......

dont disappoint her......she loves the open road and what better way to get acquainted..... :shift:

congrats on your new ride..........

I think you drove further for your little upgrade, didn't you wicked?

:bag:

kinda....... :hysterical:

4750 miles to my upgrades (scenic route :hysterical: )

4250 coming back (terlingua route :shift: )

9000 miles in 21 days................

driving to dearborn and terlingua this year, separate trips.....:doh:

:bag:

kinda....... :hysterical:

4750 miles to my upgrades (scenic route :hysterical: )

4250 coming back (terlingua route :shift: )

9000 miles in 21 days................

driving to dearborn and terlingua this year, separate trips.....:doh:

Wicks the man... :superhero:

I live in FL and will not be in LAS for the delivery anyway. Is the $750 worth it? What do you get besides a bag and a jacket and a certificate? I ordered just about every other option, but am having a hard time with this one.

Thanks guys.

I did the museum delivery. It was totally worth it. Like many others have said and I think it’s the most important, you get to examine and drive your car before it ships. If there is a problem it will get fixed right away.

Go for the delivery and drive home, take the wife or a child, drove the 03 Cobra vert to LA in '05 with then 12 year old son, great memories, drove '96 Cobra home from LA with then 11 year old daughter in'07, drove oldest sons '08 SGT-C from LA with wife, same with the Hertz and return from SEMA and the Bash in the 500, every trip has a special place in our memories, great bonding experiences with the kids.

Doc Scott

Archived