TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I finally broke down and bought it

I've been on the fence about the 2.3 TVS for years....literally. It just seemed too expensive..... Well FRPP dropped the price and BUYFORDRACING.com had them on sale with free shipping....

I ran out of excuses and pulled the trigger.... :shift:

$3100.00 out the door for the M-6066-SGT 605HP kit......WOW!!!! :happy feet:

http://www.buyfordracing.com/products/2007-%252d-2009-MUSTANG-SVT-605-HP-SUPERCHARGER-UPGRADE-KIT.html

This should be fun!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome Rarecat! I was just looking at the supercharger upgrades too. I probably won't get it this year - not financially possible at the moment. More than likely next year. I see that Buyfordracing has some of the best prices around. I was looking at the 660HP version for mine. Looking forward to hearing how the installation goes and your driving impressions afterwards.

That's a great price. I'm getting ready to order one too. :beerchug:

If you pick it up soon get ahold of Jason and he can let me know. I will be in San Antonio till the 23rd of June. Or you can shoot me a PM on here I that works better.

V/R,

James

Dang that was fast! ProCal and Tune showed up this morning....ordered it online yesterday morning..... :mail:

Going to make the SC install a garage day event in about a month, so any of you North Florida/South Georgia folks that want to hang out, BBQ, bench race and install a TVS need to stay tuned! :lurk:

The FRPP TVS is a great blower but there is a better bang for the buck option.

The FRPP TVS only makes 14-15psi if you get the one with the smaller pulley, you can only go down to a 2.6 pulley with it, so you max out at 15-16psi.

The VMP TVS is specially machined for and includes a 2.5” pulley for 17psi right out of the box. The VMP TVS has a CNC port on the inlet opening, and a matching high flow inlet elbow.

These parts are already included with the VMP blower and warrantied for 1 year.

If you bought an FRPP TVS you would be up to the same price to modify it even close to VMP spec, you would still be down 1-2psi (20-30rwhp), and you would have no warranty since you modified the blower.

Im guessing the only reason people are buying the FRPP version is you can still maintain the factory warranty. Although I believe it does drop the miles/years down some and you have to have it installed by the dealership. I could be wrong on that but think I remember reading that somewhere. Im not worried about the warranty but more about it being legal in CA. The VMP TVS doesn't have the carb exemption like the FRPP one so when my car makes it to 6 years and I have to do a smog check im hoping the smog tech thinks the VMP TVS is actually the stock unit and it passes emissions or I'll have to swap the stock blower back on for the test

Everybody has different requirements, goals and opinions on how to achieve them. My convertible is a cruiser, I don't race it and I'm not out to reach a certian HP level. The FRPP TVS set up is safe, tested and carb certified. This is not meant to be a dig against Justin or any other tuners people like to use but I have had experinces with tuners in the past that left me less than pleased with the outcome. For what I'm looking for performance wise, the FRPP set up is fine. I also get the peace of mind that Ford developed the tune and they know the car best.

Everybody has different requirements, goals and opinions on how to achieve them. My convertible is a cruiser, I don't race it and I'm not out to reach a certian HP level. The FRPP TVS set up is safe, tested and carb certified. This is not meant to be a dig against Justin or any other tuners people like to use but I have had experiences with tuners in the past that left me less than pleased with the outcome. For what I'm looking for performance wise, the FRPP set up is fine. I also get the peace of mind that Ford developed the tune and they know the car best.

This is exactly the reasons I'm going with the FRPP setup too. There's no denying that Justin does amazing things with his tunes and such.

Dang that was fast! ProCal and Tune showed up this morning....ordered it online yesterday morning..... :mail: Going to make the SC install a garage day event in about a month, so any of you North Florida/South Georgia folks that want to hang out, BBQ, bench race and install a TVS need to stay tuned! :lurk:

That's incredible about the Procal coming the next day, but it seems that it's the standard time frame for them. Still...good stuff.

Are you planning on taking pics of the install or doing any write-ups?

• 3 weeks later...

This is exactly the reasons I'm going with the FRPP setup too. There's no denying that Justin does amazing things with his tunes and such.

Best of both worlds for me............ FRPP TVS with VMP tune, if I ever have to emissions test I'll just load the FRPP tune back in.

Not yet, I've got my buddys 69 Camaro in the shop right now, once we get him done it's going on...

Sounds great. Looking forward to hearing all about it. I'm definitely going with FRPP TVS. I have read a lot about the options..and I just want to play it safe with the Ford kit and still get the nice power boost.

Since I have a IW 15% overdrive lower pulley, I could find a good used FRPP TVS for a steal of a deal, add a 2.6" pulley from my existing Eaton, and still make big power.

Just have to wait for the OEMs to make a factory TVS on the Shelby so I can get a cheap take off....muahahaha!

With the IW installed you really need to go with the non-VMP TVS else you run the risk of too much boast (if there is such a thing).

With the IW installed you really need to go with the non-VMP TVS else you run the risk of too much boast (if there is such a thing).

You want the VMP TVS to make the mose efficient use of the boost.

Tunes can be set up safely for high boost 93 octane for the street or high boost race for high octane applications on race day.

I went with the FRPP TVS too!! Very happy with it!!

Cool...I have a question....with the procal tune installed...do you notice more power even when you're not getting into the boost?

All you guys are making it hard for me to hold off getting my FRPP TVS til next year. I'm half tempted to start saving the money now! LOL!

Sounds great. Looking forward to hearing all about it. I'm definitely going with FRPP TVS. I have read a lot about the options..and I just want to play it safe with the Ford kit and still get the nice power boost.

That's what I did. Safe, tested tune and it pulls like a freight train. There's nothing better out there for the everyday driver IMO.

Cool...I have a question....with the procal tune installed...do you notice more power even when you're not getting into the boost?

All you guys are making it hard for me to hold off getting my FRPP TVS til next year. I'm half tempted to start saving the money now! LOL!

Throttle response is about the same when not in boost. The Procal does not make the TB more aggressive if that's what you're asking. BUT, as soon as boost hits you will know you have a TVS. Torque comes on low and hard, much different than the stock Eaton.

That's what I did. Safe, tested tune and it pulls like a freight train. There's nothing better out there for the everyday driver IMO.

Great! Exactly what I'm aiming for. Mine is daily driver too.

Throttle response is about the same when not in boost. The Procal does not make the TB more aggressive if that's what you're asking. BUT, as soon as boost hits you will know you have a TVS. Torque comes on low and hard, much different than the stock Eaton.

Yeah, thanks Mullens - that what I was asking..I didn't know if the tune...or maybe the design of the new TVS allowed more airflow even when it was not in boost - thus generating more power. I love that down low torque! Sounds fantastic to me.

One more suggestion...since you have a '10 and you'll be right around 15psi I would strongly recommend a plug change to one range colder. I use TR7IX and they are great. Now get er done!

I was going to ask you if you had changed anything with the new setup...but figured I'd just search for answers. So other than plugs...your car didn't need anything else changed to handle the additional power?

I would agree on the plugs, go with the NGK TR7 (the TR6 is equivalent to our stock plugs) and gap them between .030 and .032

I am running a VMP 2.59 pulley on a ported blower with L&M Plenum and L&M dual 72mm T/B... just shy of 15psi boost

Still on the stock Eaton, but have done all the cooling mods too, car puts down consistent 570-580 RWHP

WOW is all I can say

Archived