TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake is HOME!

Just got my Super Snake home!

It took this long because of a delay in getting the insurance on the car. Here in Canada once you modify a car your insurance carrier will not touch the car. So I had to go with Hagerty for my insurance. I'm sure they are a good company but their insuring and issuing process took over a week. I needed to supply pictures of my car and fill out a couple of forms. Thought I had everything done and they called my agent to say I still need to sign a couple of forms that the car would not be raced, and that it would only be used for pleasure driving- they could've told me that LAST WEEK!!!!. So I got them signed and emailed off. I think tomorrow the coverage will finally be issued.

I was not going to drive it until everything was done but I'm tied up the rest of the week so today was really my last day to get the car. I still have my existing insurance on the car and decided to risk taking it home. It's only a 30 min. drive down the highway. I know shit can happen but I took a chance.

Didn't really open the car up. It drive very nice! I've got the Eibach suspension and was worried it would be too harsh riding but I thought it felt pretty good, felt better than stock to me.

Gave it just a little bit of gas a couple of times and the supercharger kicks in so fast and strong! I can certainly see why someone would need to get used to the kind of power this car puts out. It's a big difference over stock!

Thanks!

Took it out to a local mustang club meet and greet and I got quite a little group surrounding the car.

This thing is SCARY FAST, and I haven't even really opened her up fully yet!!!

I cannot believe how it tosses you back in your seat. I'm gonna need a big open parking lot to play with it and help get a feel for the power.

I went to the Mustang meet and seen Dave, his wife and the SS. He indeed gathered quite a crowd. The car looks fantastic. He offered me a ride which I quickly accepted, and sat in the passenger seat with a smile/grin the entire time. The power is unbelievable, slaps you back in the seat and Dave wasn't even "letting it go" I have to have one of these!!!!

Thanks Dave for the ride and information.

I went to the Mustang meet and seen Dave, his wife and the SS. He indeed gathered quite a crowd. The car looks fantastic. He offered me a ride which I quickly accepted, and sat in the passenger seat with a smile/grin the entire time. The power is unbelievable, slaps you back in the seat and Dave wasn't even "letting it go" I have to have one of these!!!!

Thanks Dave for the ride and information.

You're very welcome Larry. It was really nice to meet you and I hope you get your Snake. Sean and his people do top notch work and are very good to deal with. Hope to see you again.

Oh...I had Sean Hyland put the KR mufflers back on my car. The KR's just sound SO much better than the Borla's. Shelby should really make the KR's the standard mufflers for these cars.

I'll get some videos up of the car out on the road and of the KR sound.

Well done Whammer!!

Don

Thanks Don.

FINALLY got the insurance coverage today. Getting the insurance is the only downside to modding your car. I know their are SS owners who have not informed their insurance companies that the car has been modified but they are taking a real risk. Not only could their insurance company walk away for any claims they might have but in the event that someone sues you the company will also just cut them loose.

Took my car into my Ford dealer to get the oil changed. The SVT tech does the oil changes on all Shelby's. He's a good guy and as a former racer he knows how to drive.

Anyway, he just can't believe the look of the car. All the other mechanics gather around the car and pull out their phones and start taking pictures.

When all the work is done he turns to me and says-" All done, just one thing left to do....let's take it for a drive". I laugh and said I was going to ask you if you wanted to drive it.

We pull out and head to a nearby stretch of highway. Let me tell you, I was hanging on!!! He's driving this car like I could only dream of driving it! He's just laughing and grinning at all the power in the car. When we came to the off ramp I thought he was going a bit too fast, but I trust his driving ability. He put it into the curve and I felt like I was on a roller coaster rail! And he was impressed with how the Eibach's handled and how they felt, he thought it would be a much rougher ride but he said it felt great.

Anyway, he was blown away by this car. So my hat is off to Shelby for making such a fine package to make the GT500 even better than it was!

Awesome! Congrats Whammer..I'm very happy that you got that beautiful & powerful car! Having a Supersnake is something that I can only dream of - so it's nice to live through the eyes of a fortunate fellow Team Shelby Member!

Thanks!

I'm glad you're enjoying the write ups. I'm going to work on getting some video this weekend. I'm heading to a local car show. It's held on the grounds of a multi-millionaire and there will be 3000 collector cars there. The Beach Boys are playing on Friday night, Canadian 70's rock band Lighthouse is playing on Sat. night, and many cast members from Happy Days will be there.

So I hope to get some good videos of the cars.

I told the SVT tech that when I get the oil changed in the late summer I'm coming back with my video camera to video him driving the SS.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived