TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTH matching numbers cars

old man

Does anyone know how may owners have matching numbers GTH cars? 06 and 07 cars with the same number and owner? Do having the pair increase there collective value? The match for my 07 is for sale, is it worth trying to get it. Thanks for you thoughts, :headscratch:

Does anyone know how may owners have matching numbers GTH cars? 06 and 07 cars with the same number and owner? Do having the pair increase there collective value? The match for my 07 is for sale, is it worth trying to get it. Thanks for you thoughts, :headscratch:

what do they want for it? how many miles and condition? worth more doubtfull.. but cool. my 2 cents..

good luck.

I think having the pair of matching numbers might increase collectibility but it depends on a bunch of things. I would buy the matching number car IF: 1 - you can comfortably afford to do so and 2 - if you love the cars and think they are a way too much fun to drive. Don't worry about how much a matching number car would add to collectibility or value, it's not worth the stress.

Have fun with the one you have and if your having soooooo much fun with your 07 then go for it and buy the 06. It is very cool to have both.

QSS

I think having the pair of matching numbers might increase collectibility but it depends on a bunch of things. I would buy the matching number car IF: 1 - you can comfortably afford to do so and 2 - if you love the cars and think they are a way too much fun to drive. Don't worry about how much a matching number car would add to collectibility or value, it's not worth the stress.

Have fun with the one you have and if your having soooooo much fun with your 07 then go for it and buy the 06. It is very cool to have both.

QSS

+1 .... unless you have a mueseum to put them in, drive them and enjoy them.

what do they want for it? how many miles and condition? worth more doubtfull.. but cool. my 2 cents..

good luck.

the 07 has 28,000 miles, the 06 22,000 miles. Both cars together would equal the price of one new gt500. I do enjoy driving the 07 on good days, we put the top down and go for Ice cream. I could afford it (the 06), but really don't need it. I am just now building a six car garage to keep my toys in. I will be 62 this year so I am enjoying my remaining years as much as possible. These are the toys I couldn"t afford when rasing my family. Thanks for the replys. :yahoo:

the 07 has 28,000 miles, the 06 22,000 miles. Both cars together would equal the price of one new gt500. I do enjoy driving the 07 on good days, we put the top down and go for Ice cream. I could afford it (the 06), but really don't need it. I am just now building a six car garage to keep my toys in. I will be 62 this year so I am enjoying my remaining years as much as possible. These are the toys I couldn"t afford when rasing my family. Thanks for the replys. :yahoo:

6 CAR GARAGE.................. man/dude I would go for the matching # car. I owned an 08 GT500 for 2 years While I had my 07 GT-H. I decided to sell one......... I sold the 08 GT500 and kept my 07 GT-H. I could convey to you a whole bunch of reasons why I kept the 07 GT-H and sold the 08 GT500 but in the end.......... the 07 GT-H seamed a little more fun.

I really think you should try to get the 06 GT-H as it seams you have the garage for it as well as the funds, so go for it.

My opinion regarding your question is based upon the fact that I own a 68 Shelby an 07 Shelby and have owned an 08 Shelby. I still have the 68 and the 07 so I feel I can share some sort of opinion on these cars. It may not be the opinion of all but..................... I'm not sure what my point is...................... I just know that I would probably buy the 06 if I was in your situation................ and have a whole bunch of fun with it. :D

QSS

I too have been trying to add a matching 2006 (#418) only for the cool factor. At some point down the road it may be difficult to sell them as a pair due to the $$$$. A while back someone in Wisconsin tried this and I dont know what the outcome was but I didnt see any takers.

My 11 year plan is to retire at 60 buy and sell every Shelby and Mustang possible and already have the building in my possession so when you get ready to sell let me know!

I know that Helaina (herpony68) has matching #'s cars in NJ. I dont know for sure of anyone else who does though. I would imagine that it is rather rare to own both cars.

I would absolutley buy it if you have the funds. I would guess that "SOMEDAY" matching #'s cars would be worth something extra. That someday could be 3 years or 30 years however.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived