TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Collection Annual Fundraiser

twobjshelbys

I'd heard from Bob Bondurant that the "party" might move. Today the museum site had an early announcement (details to follow) that it would be on August 6.

Follow the site at www.shelbyamericancollection.org for details.

Regrettably, I will not be able to attend as I will be preoccupied with not flipping a raft in the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

When I was speaking with Bob he indicated the primary reason for the change was so that Carroll might be able to come. it's difficult to come out in the dead of winter. I hope he can make it this year and regret that I won't be there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, what a truely amazing event. I'm very glad they moved this event back to August from December. Carroll and Cleo were there and many, many, amazing cars. This event was highlighted as the Cobra-Ferrari wars event, so there were many amazing Ferrari's in attendance also. Carroll was looking great. Told many great stories as did, Bob Bondurant, Lew Spencer, Allen Grant, and many other's from the 60's Shelby program. Even his secretary from back then. Was an absolutely amazing event. Carroll spent more than 4 hours there, so he was obviously feeling really good. This event was titled the Cobra-Ferrari wars, so there were many awsome Ferrari's in attendance also.

116_0193.jpg

116_0161.jpg

116_0159.jpg

116_0164.jpg

116_0153.jpg

116_0152.jpg

There was an autograph session, but not with Carroll. He wasn't quite feeling like signing last night. However, Bob Bondurant, Jack Sears, and all the others were signing the annual poster. However the silent auction had quite a few Carroll signed posters, etc. So I did win a couple of those.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived