TEAM SHELBY FORUM

S197 Shelby Owner Association

cobrafan

I'm wearing my Gray with White lettering S197 Owners T shirt today. For some that don't know, the S197 Owners club eventually morphed into TS. We were allowed to keep our S197 OA numbers when we joined Team Shelby. Just curious how many of the original group, I think there may have been a couple hundred that joined, may still may be around. I was recruited for S197 by Jeff Jenkins in Mustang OK at a MCA car show in May 2007. Jeff was and is a huge proponent of the GT500 and its tracking ability once the suspension gets motified, even back then. I think the first Griggs on a GT500?

Just curious after four years how many are still on and active.

TS 130

I'm wearing my Gray with White lettering S197 Owners T shirt today. For some that don't know, the S197 Owners club eventually morphed into TS. We were allowed to keep our S197 OA numbers when we joined Team Shelby. Just curious how many of the original group, I think there may have been a couple hundred that joined, may still may be around. I was recruited for S197 by Jeff Jenkins in Mustang OK at a MCA car show in May 2007. Jeff was and is a huge proponent of the GT500 and its tracking ability once the suspension gets motified, even back then. I think the first Griggs on a GT500?

TS 130

And I've enjoyed our friendship since..... :beerchug:

I still even have my OA sticker on my windshield....and my shirts

+1

That's where my sticker resides as well..... Member #16 :shift:

TS 130

my original TS # 128 and 133 when changed to team shelby they gave me 133 where did my 128 go. anyone out there with 128 let me know. thanks TS 133

I'll have to check, but I think there were 334 original members of the S197ShelbyOA.com.

The original club's formation was proposed at a Ford Motor Company holiday party in Detroit.

When you joined the club, you got to pick the color of your t-shirt: GT500 colors:

white

blue

black

red

tungsten

orange

I'll have to check, but I think there were 334 original members of the S197ShelbyOA.com.

The original club's formation was proposed at a Ford Motor Company holiday party in Detroit.

When you joined the club, you got to pick the color of your t-shirt: GT500 colors:

white

blue

black

red

tungsten

orange

Robert,

I think this is correct, but you should know. My car was originally Performance White with a Tunsten stripe. I had to settle for the reverse and get the Tunsten shirt with white lettering. It would be interesting to see how many of the original 334 are still active on the forum and how many have continued to renew with TS. Thanks for posting.

Who were the original moderators - the S197ShelbyOA was part of StangsUnleashed.com

Moderators (hope I don't miss any)

Michelle Wingard (SpokeTorque.com)

Paul Rocha (Kaylan1521)

Rob (Grabber)

Fred (07 SHELBY)

I think Enis (Son of GT) came later.

Who were the original moderators - the S197ShelbyOA was part of StangsUnleashed.com

Weren't you a moderator too?

That's the forum you founded/owned, right Robert?

Or am I mistaken? I remember reading your bio in one of the early Shelby Driving Experience publications and I know you were owner/founder of one of the big forums (StangsUnleashed.com perhaps?).

Phill

Paul Rocha (Kaylan1521)

Rob (Grabber)

Fred (07 SHELBY)

How about Crispy23, wasn't he a moderator?

Paul Rocha (Kaylan1521)

Rob (Grabber)

Fred (07 SHELBY)

The originals were: (the 4 of us from StangsUnleashed days)

Paul Rocha (Kaylan1521)

Rob (Grabber)

Chris P (crispy23c)

Enis (son of GT) & Fred (07 Shelby) came later.

Paul Rocha (Kaylan1521)

Rob (Grabber)

Fred (07 SHELBY)

Ah yes, the good ol days ;)

Michelle and I were at one point the only two Mods while Robert was the man behind the computer. Back in the "early" days there would be days where only about 5-10 posts were made.................in the whole day!!!

Yes, Crispy was a Mod as well. Enis took over my post

See. that's what I'm talking about. Only 5 years old and we are already talking about the good old days. Modern histroy in the making and we are all living it.

Weren't you a moderator too?

That's the forum you founded/owned, right Robert?

Or am I mistaken? I remember reading your bio in one of the early Shelby Driving Experience publications and I know you were owner/founder of one of the big forums (StangsUnleashed.com perhaps?).

Phill

Yes, StangsUnleashed was the precursor to Team Shelby. In fact, Team Shelby is running off of the StangsUnleashed database.

How about Crispy23, wasn't he a moderator?

:banghead: How could I have forgotten Chris!

The originals were: (the 4 of us from StangsUnleashed days)

Paul Rocha (Kaylan1521)

Rob (Grabber)

Chris P (crispy23c)

Enis (son of GT) & Fred (07 Shelby) came later.

That's correct.

Michelle and I were at one point the only two Mods while Robert was the man behind the computer. Back in the "early" days there would be days where only about 5-10 posts were made.................in the whole day!!!

Yes, Crispy was a Mod as well. Enis took over my post

Paul, it was slow going back then. . .until the :camera: on the streets of Dearborn came out :lol:

Archived