TEAM SHELBY FORUM

water/methanol injection

...any of you GT500 guys using the snow performance water/menthanol injection system? Any thoughts on this system? Good? Not worth it?

http://www.snowperformance.net/products.php?p_cat=205

The stock intercooler has plenty of cooling surface area to keep up with well over 1000HP. As long as the heat exchanger is upgraded there should not be a need for a meth kit. The question how much is the meth kit vs afco upgrade? About the same but the meth kit requires liquid that has to be replaced so in the long run meth kit is going to be more. Try it though if you want to be diffrent and let us know how it goes.

I will say that my buddy has a 92 with GT40 heads, intake, B303 cam, and vortech supercharger w/o intercooler. We installed a meth kit on his car and it works great especially in Houston heat!

The stock intercooler has plenty of cooling surface area to keep up with well over 1000HP. As long as the heat exchanger is upgraded there should not be a need for a meth kit. The question how much is the meth kit vs afco upgrade? About the same but the meth kit requires liquid that has to be replaced so in the long run meth kit is going to be more. Try it though if you want to be diffrent and let us know how it goes.

I will say that my buddy has a 92 with GT40 heads, intake, B303 cam, and vortech supercharger w/o intercooler. We installed a meth kit on his car and it works great especially in Houston heat!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I have a Revan HE. It should be good enough. Plus, I use Sunoco 100 fuel. Expensive, but much better than using the crappy 91 octane they have in Wichita.

Archived